Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SUB FOCUS

Default Re: SUB FOCUS

Quote Originally Posted by weezy f baby View Post
    He's not playing Skrillex you troll. He plays only his own production when he plays live.
    I'm pretty sure he was supposed to be live this past year at Electric Zoo and he played a skrillex song or two. I hope he doesn't as it was dissapointing to watch him waste set time with that garbage. But if he does, don't say I didn't warn you.

Quote Originally Posted by iammrcandyman View Post
    Found a clip of my favorite part of his set from EDC. The crowd went insane to this song.
    Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    I hate MCs so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson Blowdy View Post
    I hate MCs just as much as anyone but the beat saved it here. That shit was dope!
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    How about how the MC for Magnetic Man told everyone to sit down last year haha. What a douche.

Really looking forward to Sub Focus's set. I think it'll be one of the highlights of the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by thefullm0nty View Post
    They will ruin sets this year...I hope none show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by dancinginthedesert View Post
    Oh my god, that fucking MC is going to ruin the set. That is inexcusable - this turned from one of my most anticipated acts to something I am really apprehensive about. How could anyone think that was a good idea? Just a shameful, shameful way to ruin perfectly good music.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoCat View Post
    From the videos at the UKF show a cople weeks ago. It seems the MC toned it down much more then say the EDC set last year. In the vids I barely even noticed he was there. Cross our fingers its the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donaldj View Post
    I was around in the 90s and I disagree. It's kind of an insult to say that this music requires an MC to pump up the crowd and that the music can't do it on it's own.
    Quote Originally Posted by dancinginthedesert View Post
    Correct, I am a relatively recent convert to DnB. Maybe I would feel differently in the context of being a part of the scene, but I doubt it. Years ago, when I went to rap concerts frequently, I was always turned off by the MC-ing that broke up my favorite songs. I don't want to hear you saying "Yeah, put your hands up, yeah" for thirty seconds straight - I want to hear you spit the verses that I know and love.

Likewise with this show - I'm still gonna go, but I have a feeling the MC is going to bring down my enjoyment factor.
    "Coachellaaaaaaa!!!! aRe YoU FuCkInG ReAdY!!!!!! LeT Me sEe YoUr FuCkInG HaNdS!!!!!!!!!! NoW EveRyBoDy JuMp ToGeTher, NoW EvErYBodY JuMp JuMp JuMp FuCkInG JuMp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" DROP: booom booom wop wop wop wop wop wop wop booom booom wobble wobble wobble

Quote Originally Posted by Deegleberry View Post
    Yes thank you I read that. I'm asking because live D&B usually means keyboard/synth and drums (Chase and Status last year). Now a days when a DJ puts live next to their name it just means some new fancy light setup and only their own material. I am excited either way, but would definitely prefer a true "live"show
    Yep it's interesting how the definition of "live" has changed over the past few years.

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

LIVE refers to do doing live reconstructions of original material, as opposed to using turntable/CDJ-style tools or software. he's using an apc40, novation launchpad, and some other stuff as well.

Official Video

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut Up Forever Almost All of You.

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

please dont be at the same time as flying lotus

also bump
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post
    "Coachellaaaaaaa!!!! aRe YoU FuCkInG ReAdY!!!!!! LeT Me sEe YoUr FuCkInG HaNdS!!!!!!!!!! NoW EveRyBoDy JuMp ToGeTher, NoW EvErYBodY JuMp JuMp JuMp FuCkInG JuMp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" DROP: booom booom wop wop wop wop wop wop wop booom booom wobble wobble wobble
    I know about 4736834769834 acts that are now interested in you being their emcee. You really seem to know your shit
    5/17 Chet Faker
    5/25 EDC NY (2manydjs!!!!)
    7/18-7/20 Melt Festival

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    please dont be at the same time as flying lotus

also bump
    or SBTRKT.

kthx.

also on the subject of MCs...
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    beardyman rules

^^^ U second this statement. One of my biggest Coachella regrets is taking an un-intentional nap through beardymans set.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    Feel u buuuuut if we have to throw someone to the wolves let it be SBTRKT (my guess is he is going to lead into FlyLo)

You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

^^^ U second this statement. One of my biggest Coachella regrets is taking an un-intentional nap through beardymans set.

Feel u buuuuut if we have to throw someone to the wolves let it be SBTRKT (my guess is he is going to lead into FlyLo)
    I saw SBTRKT recently. Great show don't get me wrong... but totally worth missing for Sub Focus. The energy for SBTRKT is nowhere near the energy of a Sub Focus show. That said, I'm hoping for no conflict.

Oh and I missed Beardyman. I think he was on at the same time as Magnetic Man and I just couldn't miss them, even if Sgt Pokes made everyone sit down. They've since learned their lesson. Their set at Beyond was much tighter.

sbtrkt -> flylo -> sub focus -> radiohead is prolly too much to hope for, but i'm hoping
    5/17 Chet Faker
    5/25 EDC NY (2manydjs!!!!)
    7/18-7/20 Melt Festival

I haven't seen much talk about his set from this weekend. It's one of my most anticipated sets of weekend 2, did anyone catch his set? Would you say it's worth missing Radiohead for?

also curious about subfocus

Caught the last20 minutes, it was awesome. He had a hype man but he wasn't too bad

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

I got the fuck DOWN to Sub Focus, even despite some technical difficulties and his absurd hair
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

it was empty and i was so happy about that. easily the best edm set of the weekend

they had speaker problems...sounded like the speakers blew out...people were walking out after a drop because it would scratch badly,,,i figure for weekend 2 they will have it figured out tho, hopefully...kinda a let down but i still raged it while i stayed
    2012w1
    2013w1

The set had a lot of potential, couple of things went wrong though
    1.) The MC was fucking annoying as shit. I am not usually the guy thats always complaining about MC's (i think they can add a lot too), but that guy did NOTHING for Subfocus's set
    2.) Tech difficulties. That shit was unfortunate, but not his fault
    3.) The show just needed more people. I am not complaining because at least he got a night set (lulz), but its unfortunate when you know the show has so much more potential if a little more people came

That being said, it was still cool. Doesnt hold a candle to his EDC set, but I still had a great time. His light rig was sooo cool too. Better than Amon Tobins, gimmick. That guy can lick my nuts

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I got the fuck DOWN to Sub Focus, even despite some technical difficulties and his absurd hair
    Glad you had fun/chose this over whatever else was going on. I started with Radiohead, but that was pretty underwhelming

sub focus was great despite that audio problem he had (also lol@his hair). the crowd at first was very tiny got a little bigger as the set went on. i was really bummed to see how many people there were familiar almost exclusively with his more dubstep-oriented material. i think i was the only person getting down to out the blue when he dropped it early on. his stage show looks really stupid...until it turns on. actually really amazing to watch and went great with the music.

MC was utterly useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

stopped by this set while being dragged to kaskade by my friends... we watched for about 10-15 minutes, and i was loving it. lots of fun, pretty empty, and everyone was getting down. his visualizer was pretty amazing too, one of my favorites of the weekend besides amon tobin's.

Lurker

visuals were fucking crazy just like his music

Lurker

Great set. Left Radiohead for this and Kaskade, well worth it.

Bummed I chose Kaskade (even for just 20 minutes) over this. Caught the last 20 minutes, so glad he closed with "Let The Story Begin" - probably the hardest I got down all weekend.

Make sure to catch Sub Focus and Modeselektor if you're going Weekend 2 - not to be missed.

Left the disappointing Kaskade for this. Was there from beginning to almost the end! Just what I needed to get out of the cold. Danced my ass off!
    Always wear a helmut

The set had a lot of potential, couple of things went wrong though
    1.) The MC was fucking annoying as shit. I am not usually the guy thats always complaining about MC's (i think they can add a lot too), but that guy did NOTHING for Subfocus's set
    2.) Tech difficulties. That shit was unfortunate, but not his fault
    3.) The show just needed more people. I am not complaining because at least he got a night set (lulz), but its unfortunate when you know the show has so much more potential if a little more people came

That being said, it was still cool. Doesnt hold a candle to his EDC set, but I still had a great time. His light rig was sooo cool too. Better than Amon Tobins, gimmick. That guy can lick my nuts

Glad you had fun/chose this over whatever else was going on. I started with Radiohead, but that was pretty underwhelming
    agreed the technical difficulties sucks and was a buzzkill
    Friday: Outkast | Girl Talk | HAIM | Bonobo | Flume | Wye Oak | The Preatures
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside

Quote Originally Posted by streamline View Post
    it was empty and i was so happy about that. easily the best edm set of the weekend
    you must have missed modeselektor and flying lotus.

Agree with the comments about the MC and the tech difficulties. Overall though, I recommend going to this show, I had a lot of fun.

I left early because I couldn't stand the tech difficulties. Real shame too cause the track selection was on point!
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Quote Originally Posted by weezy f baby View Post
    you must have missed modeselektor and flying lotus.
    I did miss modeselektor but that's cause i wanted a good spot for dre. i saw flying lotus, but it wasn't loud enough.