Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: January 30th !!!!!!

Default Re: January 30th !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I'm having a hard time figuring out the math. How many VIP tickets did they sell, and how many camping passes did they sell? Also, how many companion passes did they sell? Oh, and how much did they pay each and every band? And does anyone know the rental cost of the Polo Fields? Cuz when I wanted to see about having my wedding there they were going to charge me like $10,000.
    you have earned your name

Garbage just announced they are playing in LA - warm up show on April 10th - They are supported by GOLDENVOICE - click on their ticketing......

You can bet they'll be at Coachella
    Last edited by baily; 01-31-2012 at 11:05 AM.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

old school

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I'm having a hard time figuring out the math. How many VIP tickets did they sell, and how many camping passes did they sell? Also, how many companion passes did they sell? Oh, and how much did they pay each and every band? And does anyone know the rental cost of the Polo Fields? Cuz when I wanted to see about having my wedding there they were going to charge me like $10,000.
    They sold just under 9,000 VIP passes in 2011 per Billboard.

One article said that 2011 bands got $15k at a minimum. Doo lab stuff would probably get less.

Radiohead must be in the $5-6mil range for both shows. They also obviously paid DRE enough for him to leave the house and do his first ever full length show.

I htink camping passes were capped at 7,000 or so last year, but they had more this year.

Baily, you're aware that you can bet on anything, usually. Like, there aren't limits to things you can "bet" on, in the loose sense of the term.

You can bet on a ton of stupid fucking shit.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Baily, you're aware that you can bet on anything, usually. Like, there aren't limits to things you can "bet" on, in the loose sense of the term.

You can bet on a ton of stupid fucking shit.

Bumblebee: inaccurately answering questions since May 2010.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    One article said that 2011 bands got $15k at a minimum.
    Wrong.

Radiohead must be in the $5-6mil range for both shows.
    Nope

They also obviously paid DRE enough for him to leave the house and do his first ever full length show.
    First ever?? Wrong.

I htink camping passes were capped at 7,000 or so last year, but they had more this year.
    7,000? Nope. More.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

old school

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...arket-20110715
    This says low-rung bands got $15k

I remember seeing a quote of 7,000 tent camping passes for 2011, which was why they sold out in under 5 minutes. Car camping is way higher.

I've never heard of Snoop playing for more than an hour or so and never really heard of a DRE driven performance for more than 45 minutes(Smoke Tour). I asked 4 times on these boards, people keep telling me I'm wrong but no one will cite an instance.

A tiny handful(count on 1 hand) of headliners have cracked $3mil for festival performances. RH agreed to shape a world tour around this festival 9 months in advance. $5-6mil for both weekends is a conservative estimate. Moz said GV offered $5mil for the Smiths, I've seen some $3-4mil range quotes for Eminem Lolla 2011, Macca 2009 and Prince 2008.

I'd pay a billion gazillion to magically transport to mid April already.

Bumblebee: still incredibly fucking wrong, even with a citation of "facts."

Bumblebee: still incredibly fucking wrong, even with a citation of "facts."
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Were these artists ones you were hoping to see? Because that statement seems to make me think you don't actually care who is there but rather you "just want as many acts as possible because thats what makes a good festival"?
    not o much cat power but la roux yes....i just think its disappointing to see less acts this year and even less...and its not the number of acts that make a fest its the quality of the performances that make it and so far this chellas lineup seems to be lacking both...again, i hope im wrong

CHARGE MONEY

DON'T PAY BANDS

DON'T PAY VENDORS

DON'T PAY FOR ANYTHING

MASSIVE PROFIT
    Why would they pay vendors? Not very many companies lining up to sell thousands of hot dogs at $8 a pop I guess. Golden voice makes a massive profit off of coachella to suggest anything else is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by vertin View Post
    ....i just think its disappointing to see less acts this year and even less...

Would having more acts with shorter sets time be better? I just don't get why the number of acts matters so much. I'd rather headliners get nearly two hours, subs get over an hour. I'd be more pissed if Pulp were playing a rushed 35 minute set.

Quote Originally Posted by jefferie View Post
    Why would they pay vendors? Not very many companies lining up to sell thousands of hot dogs at $8 a pop I guess. Golden voice makes a massive profit off of coachella to suggest anything else is ridiculous.
    Out of all the misguided things on this board and this is what you choose to harp on, bravo sir.

IT COSTS THEM LIKE NOTHING TO PUT ON THE FESTIVAL
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    I'm going with get high.

Bumblebee: citing his memory as a fact since January, 2011
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...arket-20110715
    This says low-rung bands got $15k

I remember seeing a quote of 7,000 tent camping passes for 2011, which was why they sold out in under 5 minutes. Car camping is way higher.

I've never heard of Snoop playing for more than an hour or so and never really heard of a DRE driven performance for more than 45 minutes(Smoke Tour). I asked 4 times on these boards, people keep telling me I'm wrong but no one will cite an instance.

A tiny handful(count on 1 hand) of headliners have cracked $3mil for festival performances. RH agreed to shape a world tour around this festival 9 months in advance. $5-6mil for both weekends is a conservative estimate. Moz said GV offered $5mil for the Smiths, I've seen some $3-4mil range quotes for Eminem Lolla 2011, Macca 2009 and Prince 2008.

From the link you posted -

lower-rung bands can bring in a healthy $15,000 payday
    CAN bring in a healthy $15,000 payday

Also, there were 8,000 camping passes sold in 2010 and they expanded by several hundred more in 2011.

You have no facts on how much Radiohead is getting paid.

And this isn't Dre's first show ever. Keep trying.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    You have no facts on how much Radiohead is getting paid.

And this isn't Dre's first show ever. Keep trying.
    I said there's no way they are getting anything less than $5-6mil, given what GV wanted from them both weekends schedule wise.

I asked if they was Dre's first ever full length headlining show. Not 45 minutes in arenas a dozen years ago with 3 other headliners/subheadliners. I've yet to see any hard evidence that Dre's ever done more than 45 minutes or Snoop's ever done much more than about an hourduring live performances. Kanye/Jay each filled 100+ minute sets.

I said there's no way they are getting anything less than $5-6mil, given what GV wanted from them both weekends schedule wise.

I asked if they was Dre's first ever full length headlining show. Not 45 minutes in arenas a dozen years ago with 3 other headliners/subheadliners. I've yet to see any hard evidence that Dre's ever done more than 45 minutes or Snoop's ever done much more than about an hourduring live performances. Kanye/Jay each filled 100+ minute sets.

Any evidence? Dr. Dre toured with Death Row in the 90's and was one of the headlining acts on the Up in Smoke Tour. He has played long shows before. Headliners at Coachella tend to get about 90 minutes, sometimes a little longer. I don't see what you're getting at.

I've yet to see any hard evidence that Dre's ever done more than 45 minutes or Snoop's ever done much more than about an hourduring live performances.
    If this is the case, then what are we arguing about? Even excluding the possibility of new songs, old songs with assorted guests, etc., etc., that gets us to a combined 90 to 105 minutes for a headlining show. At a certain point, this is an entirely pedagogical debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    If this is the case, then what are we arguing about? Even excluding the possibility of new songs, old songs with assorted guests, etc., etc., that gets us to a combined 90 to 105 minutes for a headlining show. At a certain point, this is an entirely pedagogical debate.
    I'm pretty sure you mean pedantic (or maybe rhetorical?), but not pedagogical. Just sayin'

old school

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Any evidence? Dr. Dre toured with Death Row in the 90's and was one of the headlining acts on the Up in Smoke Tour. He has played long shows before. Headliners at Coachella tend to get about 90 minutes, sometimes a little longer. I don't see what you're getting at.
    Jay-Z & Kanye both had experience doing 90-100+ minute show prior to their Coachella appearances and being top billed on a major international festival.

I've seen ABSOLUTELY ZERO proof Snoop's done over and hour or Dre's done more than 45 minutes. Surely there must be an vintage audience recording from a torrent site that shows set length as UIS tour setlists I could find are inconclusive and possibly incomplete.

I wonder how Snoop/Dre will fill 90+ minutes without one or the other being missing for chunks of the set or having a parade of guest stars.

I asked if they was Dre's first ever full length headlining show. Not 45 minutes in arenas a dozen years ago with 3 other headliners/subheadliners. I've yet to see any hard evidence that Dre's ever done more than 45 minutes or Snoop's ever done much more than about an hour during live performances. Kanye/Jay each filled 100+ minute sets.
    Snoop headlined Rock the Bells in 2010. It was about an 80 min show. It was awesome too.

Not to be overly pedantic or anything.

But yes, rhetorical is the better term. I ended to emphasize that the debate seemed to exist for its own sake, but "pedagogical" properly fits within an educational context. My criticism was less that the debate was focusing on minutiae, and more that it had nothing to do with the reality that this show isn't billed as a Dr. Dre solo gig in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

I wonder how Snoop/Dre will fill 90+ minutes without one or the other being missing for chunks of the set or having a parade of guest stars.
    Pretty sure the "parade of guest stars" is happening. When Snoop did Doggystyle at RTB he had the whole OG Death Row crew there except Dre and Nate Dogg, of course (RIP).

Jay-Z & Kanye both had experience doing 90-100+ minute show prior to their Coachella appearances and being top billed on a major international festival.

I've seen ABSOLUTELY ZERO proof Snoop's done over and hour or Dre's done more than 45 minutes. Surely there must be an vintage audience recording from a torrent site that shows set length as UIS tour setlists I could find are inconclusive and possibly incomplete.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

IF SNOOP CAN ONLY DO < 60 MINUTES AND THERE IS NO PROOF ANYWHERE THAT DRE HAS EVER DONE >45 MINUTES, TOGETHER WOULD THEY BE ABLE TO DO A SET THAT IS > 90 MINUTES? SHOW YOUR WORK AND CIRCLE YOUR ANSWER PLEASE
    Last edited by guedita; 02-02-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Surely there is AN certain board member that likes the way this discussion is going

With all the stupidity ovEr AND hour or two

old school

Quote Originally Posted by PointBlank View Post
    Snoop headlined Rock the Bells in 2010. It was about an 80 min show. It was awesome too.
    Quote Originally Posted by PointBlank View Post
    Pretty sure the "parade of guest stars" is happening. When Snoop did Doggystyle at RTB he had the whole OG Death Row crew there except Dre and Nate Dogg, of course (RIP).
    Thank You, for someone finally taking my question seriously. This link verifies that Snoop did 75 minutes set. Snoop usual show length with a half dozen+ guests = 75 minutes.
    http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archive..._bells_10.html

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    My criticism was less that the debate was focusing on minutiae, and more that it had nothing to do with the reality that this show isn't billed as a Dr. Dre solo gig in the first place.
    The rarity of DRE is the drawing power, plus him dangling new material.

Nor does the poster say guests will be present. Fans had high expectations for guests with Kanye and Gorillaz that didn't materialize. It does imply that Dre will be onstage in some capacity for twice as long as any previous show if it's believed it'll be somewhere in the 90 minute range. Could they only do 60 minutes like the Strokes or some Coachella headliners quite a few years ago?

IF SNOOP CAN ONLY DO < 60 MINUTES AND THERE IS NO PROOF ANYWHERE THAT DRE HAS EVER DONE >45 MINUTES, TOGETHER WOULD THEY BE ABLE TO DO A SET THAT IS > 90 MINUTES? SHOW YOUR WORK AND CIRCLE YOUR ANSWER PLEASE
    Extracted, Dre's 2000 sets were closer to 45 minutes with Snoop participated for a bunch of songs. Is Snoop doing his usual schtick that he's done for club/arenas/small festivals for 15 years really going to keep 60,000 fans attention for the other 45+ minutes of the set? Has anyone done a proposed setlist? Will DRE be offstage for half of his headlining spot?

Dude. Just stop.