Page 31 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: FYF Fest 2012

Default Re: FYF Fest 2012

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    I'm having a hard time resisting the urge to troll their facebook page with all of the complainers.
    One's true Facebook makes you a much more responsible interneter. Unless you're ok with being a complete idiot.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I'm having a hard time resisting the urge to troll their facebook page with all of the complainers.
    I have not been able to resist the urges unfortunately.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Indulge.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

I almost busted a gut laughing at the two posts in a row asking about "to see the lineup" "and how much it is". I like to think you all have alternative fb profiles for this shit.

So I a lot of people are pist about the prices going up. This fest is expensive to put on. I get that. What I dont get is the two day thing. I really cant afford to lose two days of work. So a single day ticket would be the only way I could go freak out with the shrine.
    This is glorious.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Well...not everyone is a multi-day festival freak like most of us.

He is so pist
    last.fm

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Yeah even with the bad spelling I agree. I dislike how FYF, Rock The Bells, & HARD (until today) were one day last year and are now 2 days w/o offering single day tickets. But it's their business to run not mine, it is difficult to get days off that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

Yeah, it's pretty incredible the amount of complaints surrounding the cost, when its a two day festival for less than $100 bucks, with a stellar lineup to boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Haha, you can sell one of the tickets...

Quote Originally Posted by rambleonfreddy View Post
    Haha, you can sell one of the tickets...
    Been said several times. But for some reason this rationale does not resonate with the "I just want a ticket for one day" crowd. With this line up, it wouldn't be any problem to move the day they don't want.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

I do understand the working thing, as I used to work on the weekends a lot too. But the general money thing...i mean, if $80 is really THAT much money for you, then you really can't afford to be even thinking about going to concerts. If you put that one a credit card you could pay $10 a week and have it paid off before the festival happens. If you saved an extra $5/week you'd have plenty of beer money for the weekend too.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Been said several times. But for some reason this rationale does not resonate with the "I just want a ticket for one day" crowd. With this line up, it wouldn't be any problem to move the day they don't want.
    I'm sure if they even do sell single day tickets, they will be $50-60 after fees. Of course these won't be released till July 15th and in August they jump up to $80 for single day passes, after fees of course.

Exactly. Which is why it makes perfect sense to just buy the 2 day now, then either sell the one for the day you're working, or wait for the line-up to be announced and then sell the one you don't want. At face value. On these forums. In the ticket section. Of course.

In all seriousness, I'd think even if the festival doesn't sell out, there would still be plenty of takers for single days.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jtovar21 View Post
    Can always count on suprefan to provide the voice of reason on this board!
    Credit where due - he's right about this being the reason to only hike the online price.

Also, the reason for the "hype" on this....uh, development, if you must....was, as stated, to "warn" people into buying them before the rise. Anyone who looked at last night's tweet could have figured it out; how often do lineup announcements come with a "don't say we didn't warn you" clause?
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

I mean, raising ticket prices is inherently not customer-friendly. But in this case, it's being done in ways that are as customer-friendly as possible.
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

I thought the big announcement was this ticket giveaway?

@FYFFEST: FYF Weekend Pass Giveaway: Reply w/ 3 bands that you are excited to see at FYF Fest & RT this. 2 Winners picked at 12pm tomorrow #FYFFEST
    Still hoping for more bands though

Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Credit where due - he's right about this being the reason to only hike the online price.
    The explanation supre gave is actually a better reason to leave them at the original price for the sake of the stores. Given the prior public announcement of the price-hike for online sales, I'd think a team of financial analysts has taken a look at what it will take for this festival to be profitable. Certain controls and triggers would be put into place around pricing to help ensure they hit their objectives. In the case of ticket sales, I'd guess the price-hike was triggered by a pre-set threshold of tickets sold at the original price before kicking in the new, higher price online. I suppose it could be even simpler; they may have established a pre-set date for the hike, wherein anyone buying prior to that date was treated to sort of an "early adopter" status. Or it could be something else entirely. Either way, it's still about achieving profitability and hitting the target number(s).

Yea... I do have some free time on my hands these days...

I'm sure that was just done to somehow help the hordes of whiners.

EDIT: In reply to kneuller

They've already given away tickets and will continue to. FYF is very good about holding contests.
    last.fm

More importantly- are we gonna get some surprise shows by select artists? Maybe?

Absolutely, there have been multiple before and after shows every year. I would hold my breath waiting for announcements though, seeing how this thing is still almost 3 months out
    last.fm

So. much. disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by rambleonfreddy View Post
    I'm sure that was just done to somehow help the hordes of whiners.

EDIT: In reply to kneuller
    Yeah you're probably right. This is my first FYF but I'm very excited and am going with 6 others from VA.

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    Well...not everyone is a multi-day festival freak like most of us.
    You arent even close to the ''most of us''. shall we quote your ''I want to go one day MAYBE'' post?

It was fun back in January for the Coach line up, so why not this time?

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

I ended up having to fight with a projector for a few hours yesterday so I never got around to it. I should go see if people are still pist.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

they're still pist

VigoTheCarpathian

What's the alcohol situation at this event? Beer?

Beer and some sort of mixed Sailor Jerry type of shit.