Page 26 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: FYF Fest 2012

Default Re: FYF Fest 2012

As am I. Here are the bands I am truly looking forward to seeing for the first time

Dinosaur Jr
    Red Kross
    Hot Snakes
    Liars
    The Vaselines

I won't lie- I'd go to this thing just to see Refused again. But the line up overall is really great. And, like Kid Dynamite last year, I'm expecting to uncover something pretty cool without even trying.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    it's true, i will be playing this shit. last line check-it boom.
    Devin were great opening for The Cribs. definitely worth catching if possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

yes i were.

yes. i. were.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    As am I. Here are the bands I am truly looking forward to seeing for the first time

Dinosaur Jr
    Red Kross
    Hot Snakes
    Liars
    The Vaselines

I won't lie- I'd go to this thing just to see Refused again. But the line up overall is really great. And, like Kid Dynamite last year, I'm expecting to uncover something pretty cool without even trying.
    Of those, I've seen Dinosaur Jr. (9x), Liars (6X) and the Vaselines. The Vaselines were cute, the other two are absolute powerhouses live that can't be missed. You'll be thrilled with Dino's live show. I've seen them at two festival shows, and they were the best sets I've seen them do. J. definitely rises to the occasion.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Of those, I've seen Dinosaur Jr. (9x), Liars (6X) and the Vaselines. The Vaselines were cute, the other two are absolute powerhouses live that can't be missed. You'll be thrilled with Dino's live show. I've seen them at two festival shows, and they were the best sets I've seen them do. J. definitely rises to the occasion.
    Sounds great! I'm already starting in on some recorded material for these bands (I know we have another thread for that already). Great chance to see some of these guys in one place.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Oh, and Redd Kross. They were tons of fun. Not incredibly memorable, but lots of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Ok, tickets purchased! They are available now on Ticketfly.

LIES!

Nope. Got confirmation already- I never lie! ... well ok, ocassionally

Hehe I am just messing. Maybe you hacked into the matrix. Unfortunately I will have to wait until 5.

Yea, weird because it does say 5pm PST on Ticketfly. Someone must have pulled the switch early. I'll take it!

Edit- whoa! Taken down now!

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Just got off the phone with freakbeat, and when i asked if we have to wait until 5 he said, "no, you can come down and buy 100 of'em right now if you want"
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Super strange. Like I said, I have the confirmation email and printed out my order page. Hope it all goes through.

Btw, with Ticketfly's service fees and the option to get a printed ticket, total was $86.00 for GA 2 day pass.

Good 2 know.

thanx br0

trying 2 decide whether pick up tix now or wait 4 single day

Hello,

Do to a computer error, tickets to FYF were accidentally put on sale early for a brief period of time. To make sure that the distribution of tickets is as fair as possible, we will need to cancel this order. Your credit card will be refunded in full. Please attempt your order again at 5 PM Today.

-Dakin Hardwick

Nice...

Btw, with Ticketfly's service fees and the option to get a printed ticket, total was $86.00 for GA 2 day pass.
    AHA so buying in person wasn't much of a discount. Good to know for people who wan to use a credit card as you have to pay cash at the stores.

BTW I now have tickets in hand. I can confirm that there are separate tickets for each day.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

This is an amazing lineup, especially for the money. Basically all the great small-font quality that GV gets for Coachella.

Hello,

Do to a computer error, tickets to FYF were accidentally put on sale early for a brief period of time. To make sure that the distribution of tickets is as fair as possible, we will need to cancel this order. Your credit card will be refunded in full. Please attempt your order again at 5 PM Today.

-Dakin Hardwick

Nice...
    OWNED

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Warpaint 10/27, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tegan & Sara 11/14, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    OWNED
    Story of my life!

I wonder if the fees will be the same when they get things fixed.
    last.fm

"To be clear... Weekend Passes for FYF Fest are $77 + $4 Ticket Fee ($81) at all outlets. The ticketing fee online is roughly $6.50." - FYF Twitter
    Where's Underworld and Mew? Make it happen GV.

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    thanx br0

trying 2 decide whether pick up tix now or wait 4 single day
    Who said theyre doing single day.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Who said theyre doing single day.
    Drinkey did.

No haha, I said they are separate tickets for each day. Theoretically people could split them up if they want. If these weekend passes sell well, there's no reason to sell single day tickets. Also, FYF posted that weekend tickets will go up to $89+fees after the "limited amount" of $77 ones sell out, whatever that amount is.
    last.fm

Ah got it. Sorry misunderstood. Seems to be happening a lot to me lately!

re-reading my original post and i see how that could be confused. I meant only that there were different hard tickets, as there was some discussion earlier about whether it would be one ticket exchanged for a wristband or not.
    last.fm

I also noticed when I was initially able to purchase and check out, there were no other options other than a two day pass. I guess I could see them selling single days too. But I think it's more likely the thing will sell out before it gets to that. No problem here. I've cleared my schedule for that entire weekend. Excited for this!

The stupid thing about everyone begging for single day passes right now is that they haven't revealed what day bands are playing yet. They're obviously not selling single day passes until that has at least been done.
    last.fm