Page 23 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: FYF Fest 2012

Default Re: FYF Fest 2012

Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    THE FUCK

I... dunno. Just noticed it. Apparently someone in finance did some recalculating.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

VIP will still sell out, as most people in the VIP will put more than 2 VIP tickets up their nose each day.

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    lol @ the accidental livenation jab
    what was this?

FYF missed the opportunity of a lifetime by not booking Powerman 5000. How the fuck am I supposed to relive my Tony Hawk days.

PM5k > Paul Banks

NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    The drive isn't, but the parking is. We spent 30 minutes trying to find a spot last year since we had to arrive late due to a prior commitment. We ended up paying the homeboys like $20 to park 10 minutes away because a person left early. I got to hear my favorite live BSS songs, ones they hadn't played more than a couple times their last few tours, as I walked to the venue as opposed to inside.
    While I don't want to discount this at all, if you know the area and know where is safe to park, there should be no problem finding street parking for the fest either day, but especially Sunday when some meters aren't checked. The street that provides the backstop to the festival has tons of parking on it, and the surrounding neighborhoods behind that street are not regulated like Hollywood or other areas.

Still, I'd highly recommend the metro, for ease of service and to avoid any such hassle.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I hope they decide to sell single days at some point, I'm fucking sick of these festivals doing this multiple day or bust ticket sale bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    PM5k > Paul Banks
    What the hell was their song, again? It's at the edge of my mind, but I can't quite remember it.
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I hope they decide to sell single days at some point, I'm fucking sick of these festivals doing this multiple day or bust ticket sale bullshit.
    Pretty much this. Thats the first weekend being back to school and I'd much rather get a day of the festival in as well as enjoy the rest of the long weekend with friends. The lineup (well whichever half for the day I dont go) is great yeah, but nothing that is going to kill me missing out when there is other fun to be had.

For reference though, when ticketfly sold the Flaming Lips Hollywood Forever two day package last year they sent 2 separate tickets. So many split it with a friend?

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    While I don't want to discount this at all, if you know the area and know where is safe to park, there should be no problem finding street parking for the fest either day, but especially Sunday when some meters aren't checked. The street that provides the backstop to the festival has tons of parking on it, and the surrounding neighborhoods behind that street are not regulated like Hollywood or other areas.
    That really wasn't true last year. the meters weren't even the issue. It seemed like there literally was not parking wthin a mile radius. We drove around the entire perimeter for about 70 minutes, it was a fucking nightmare.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    That really wasn't true last year. the meters weren't even the issue. It seemed like there literally was not parking wthin a mile radius. We drove around the entire perimeter for about 70 minutes, it was a fucking nightmare.
    Same issue. My friend bounced after an hour+ of not finding a spot, so I was in there alone the whole time once I finally parked. Hopefully they can work on securing more lots or something this year...

Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    Sounds about right .. When will Supre come in to take his lashings?
    You rang? And who cares if I was saying it would cost less?

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    what was this?
    KCRW interview.

Hoping for Desaparecidos LA show since there's a nice little gap between SF date (8/29) & FYF date (9/2 woohoo they're playing the second day).....

7/29 Conor Oberst @ Summerstage
    8/2 Daniele Baldelli/Simian Mobile Disco @ PS1
    8/2 Magda @ Output
    8/3 Seth Troxler/the Martinez Brothers @ Gov Island
    8/3 Seth Troxler @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

there is usually tons of parking between broadway & hill on the little side streets. last year parking was fairly easy although it was still $5 and a 10 minute walk, but way better than wasting time & gas.

worse case scenario, find free parking near a metro station and take the train back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    You rang? And who cares if I was saying it would cost less?
    Moreso you insisted it would be moved out of the park.
    last.fm
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL

Just park at Union Station. There is tons of it there and it costs like $7 or something. The fest is one stop over at the Chinatown stop, or you could walk there in about 15/20 minutes and grab a french dip at Philippes on the way.

Still, I'd highly recommend the metro, for ease of service and to avoid any such hassle.
    Yeah, I don't know that area at all, so that is why we drove around forever and couldn't find parking. I would love to do the metrolink, but it doesn't run late into Orange County.
    For your health

We payed $5 to park in Little Tokyo and took a 2 minute metro ride. Considering the festival has a metro station hovering above, use it.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    what was this?
    I forget exactly so someone correct me if necessary but he made a comment on the air about how it's an independently run event as opposed to the big guys. He then rattled off some various 'big' names including LiveNation and maybe Ticketmaster...then when they came back after a song he said he had to correct his statement since LiveNation was actually involved in the fest to some degree. NBD, just thought it was comical in the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Not that I'm anticipating tickets will fly off the servers, but tickets are on sale online at 10am and Origami does not open till noon, right?
    At least for Goldenvoice shows Origami has a separate allotment of tickets dropped off, I have never even noticed a separate ticketing terminal there.
    "why are you so annoying" TheKlein25

Stoked on the lineup. I missed Tanlines at the Echo, hopefully they are on after the sun goes down.

I hope Rhino gets tickets.
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/2&3 HARD Summer - 8/7 Arctic Monkeys@Staples - 8/8 Cut Copy@Brooklyn Bowl - 8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House

A friend of mine made this last night:

FYF Fest 2012 Spotify Playlist
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

VigoTheCarpathian

Desaparecidos and Moonface. trip the fuck out on this

Discovery time begins.

I don't know how this happened, but I'd never listened to Give Up the Ghost (nee American Nightmare) before. Wes Eisold is the singer, and you might know him as the main dude in Cold Cave. American Nightmare is really awesome old school-sounding hardcore punk. The albums were released under the name Give up the Ghost due to a lawsuit, so you have to search for them, but man this stuff is awesome.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

American Nightmare/GUTG are insane live. I can't recommend them enough. Every show I ever saw was mayhem, in a good way. Watch them, you will not regret it.

Discovery time begins.

I don't know how this happened, but I'd never listened to Give Up the Ghost (nee American Nightmare) before. Wes Eisold is the singer, and you might know him as the main dude in Cold Cave. American Nightmare is really awesome old school-sounding hardcore punk. The albums were released under the name Give up the Ghost due to a lawsuit, so you have to search for them, but man this stuff is awesome.
    Just watch these 3 videos....

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...ican+nightmare

7/29 Conor Oberst @ Summerstage
    8/2 Daniele Baldelli/Simian Mobile Disco @ PS1
    8/2 Magda @ Output
    8/3 Seth Troxler/the Martinez Brothers @ Gov Island
    8/3 Seth Troxler @ Output

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

VigoTheCarpathian

thank you bmak

Discovery time begins.

I was really into metalcore during their heyday, and American Nightmare became pretty ubiquitous quickly. The first album Background Music was originally released as American Nightmare, and for a while they toyed with the name American Nothing before going with Give Up The Ghost (complete with an angel logo that was a direct rip-off of an old AFI short).

I bought Background Music when it first came out but it never really clicked with me. i was more into the more-black metal influenced metalcore stuff at the time, and AN always felt more "tough guy" to me. i re-listened to it for the first time in many years last night and I liked it more than I remembered, but it does sound really dated to me. The guitar work and overall production is truly a product of the hugely burgeoning hardcore scene of the late 90s/early 2000s. I'm definitely interested in checking them out live if they don't have a major conflict though. It will be a total timewarp for me. Maybe I'll bust out some of those old hardcore dancing moves.
    last.fm

Last year I was able to park like 4 blocks from the fest on the street for free and just walk. Don't know if I was just lucky or if this is normal. But I won't assume I'd be able to do the same again.
    Friday: Outkast, The Knife, The Replacements, Broken Bells, Girl Talk, Haim, Bryan Ferry
    Saturday: Lorde, Empire of the Sun, Fatboy Slim, Nas, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, CHVRCHES, Mogwai, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, The Internet
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Neutral Milk Hotel, Disclosure, Chance the Rapper, Starfucker, Superchunk, Poolside
    ----
    Robert DeLong - The Independent - Jan 28
    Mad Caddies - Slim's - Feb 8
    St. Vincent - Fox Theatre - March 22