Thread: Question about buying off someone / changing their postal address

Lurker

Default Question about buying off someone / changing their postal address

Hey guys,

Long time no speak, 5 years to be precise.

So I didn't get Weekend 1 passes and now I'll have to get tickets off eBay or craigslist. I know tickets are only sent 3 weeks before the festival HOWEVER, if I buy off a seller now can they change their postal address so that the tickets gets sent to me?

I can't log into the ticketing site so I can't find out for myself

Cheers,
    James

Default Re: Question about buying off someone / changing their postal address

Should be possible, but good luck just the same.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

Lurker

I'm sleuthing from a bunch of different sources. Will post the final answer here so other people can know too

I have friend who wants to go about buying her ticket in this process. It'd be marvelous and super kind if anyone can pitch in with useful information. (That means I'll be looking for answers too!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    What sort of evil genius invents a cup of cake?
    Quote Originally Posted by anadin View Post
    Whatevs message boards are gay

No because that doesn't offer any sort of seller protection, the person could just run off with 1000 dollars in passes and the seller gets ZERO that way due to the way ebay and stubhub are setup.

romanticizer

You can change the shipping address before March.
    I called. Just make sure you ask them to send a confirmation email of the change to you so you have proof for whoever you are selling to.

Last year I called TM to change the shipping address on an order and then called them again a few weeks later to change it back to me. I know it's not TM this year but people still need to be careful.

romanticizer

Good point.

Similar situation for me. I want to sell my extra tickets to someone and want to change the name they're under. We're both from Australia so I wonder if it may be easier because we really only need to change the name and not the address because we'll have to do will call anyway.
    I've already emailed Front Gate but I was wondering if anyone had something similar in the past?

I would say if you can trust this person you would be fine but if they were able to change the tickets back to their address as Stickjohn mentioned then you could be out the money and the tickets and someone will be at the festival with your money laughing at you. Best way to buy off secondary market is to be patient and wait until March. There will be plenty of people selling wristbands as there always are. Then you just have to make sure you don't get a fake one that someone made....
    Coachella '10, '11, '12 (w2), '13 (w1), '14 (w1) and hopefully every one after

"I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water."
    Ray Charles

I thought I read somewhere that they are sending out tickets earlier than last year. I could be wrong though.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

you do a 3-way call with the seller and frontgate. i would also work out changing the passowrd to the front gate acct so you are able to log in. the email address cannot be changed, so the seller will receive any confirmations on password change.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

From what I understand from my own account with FG, is that when you sign in and go to the toolbar's "My Account", you CAN change email, password and billing address. You do however have to call customer service to change contact information and shipping address.

Just saw this on Front Gate's website,

"How can I update my shipping address?

To update your shipping address, email us at support@fgtcustomerservice.com. Please forward your email confirmation along with the new address. If your tickets have already shipped, we cannot update the shipping address."

Lurker

So I got a reply

so I just got off the phone with Front Gate. Unfortunately they can't separate the package and mail the shuttle passes separately to a different address.
    That's only the package so if you're buying bits-n-pieces off random dudes it'll be a shitfight to organise.

This leads me to my next point;

Are tickets sent EXACTLY THREE WEEKS before the fest? If it got sent 5 or so weeks there's plenty of time for lazy sellers to post 'em. The last thing I want to do is head halfway round the world with no ticket.

I feel like these dudes:

Hi guys! Okay so I emailed FG and asked about this whole dealio, and they said...

Hi Rebecca,,
    Thanks for contacting Front Gate Tickets!
    Shipping information has to be the card holders information. No exceptions. The wristbands will ship in March of 2012. When you receive your wristbands in the mail you will be able to distribute them however you'd like. They will not be verifying photo ID's at the festival.
    Thanks,
    Greg

BUT, I called this morning and they said,
    you definitely can call and change email, password, shipping Address BUT billing information stays the same, which will not affect already purchased tickets, since there are no refunds.

Woah. I'm out of breath, how'd that happen?
    I hope this was helpful!! Happy ticket-hunting everyone