Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Where We Explore The Desert (Or: Stuff to do in the desert before/after Coachella)

Default Re: Where We Explore The Desert (Or: Stuff to do in the desert before/after Coachella

For anyone driving East on 40 (or if you wanna make the drive) after chella we have 2 car spots open at our grand canyon camping spot. Let me know if you'd like to partake.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdtram View Post
    if you can't pull off getting drugs into a festival and consuming them, you don't deserve them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Wait. You like Cudi but you think Outkast is a one hit wonder.

Somebody shoot this fuck.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Default Re: Where We Explore The Desert (Or: Stuff to do in the desert before/after Coachella

I am trying to convince my group to check out Galleta Meadows after the festival.

Crazy cool metal sculpture art. It's about 90 minutes south of Indio in Borrego Springs.

Last edited by hawkingvsreeve; 04-03-2012 at 12:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

old school

braaaannnndddooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

getting excited
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    I am trying to convince my group to check out Galleta Meadows after the festival.

Crazy cool metal sculpture art. It's about 90 minutes south of Indio in Borrego Springs.

B that rules.

The artist that makes all of them did a lecture here at the museum a couple month ago and I really want to go check them out now. Or at least get a picture with the serpent.
    last.fm

If you can't find anyone to go with... My group may be interested. Provided Zack isn't dead or puking everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    If you can't find anyone to go with... My group may be interested. Provided Zack isn't dead or puking everywhere.
    NO.

Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    NO.
    Oh dear. You weren't supposed to read that... <3.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

"Oh dear".

OH DEAR, EVERYBODY!
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I want a picture with Zack's serpent.
    last.fm

It's really a three-step process:

Feed Zack Four Loko
    Feed Zack a red apple
    Zack drops trou
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I have a whole box of OG Lokos. I'm gonna get all kinds of serpent.
    last.fm

what's happening in here? zack's serpent? where do i sign up?
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    You little cock sucker, menikmati. This is a fucking violation of compliance and you will fucking pay, you little pig.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post

The detail on that thing is killer

That is so cool. I can't wait to see your pics of pre and post desert adventures.

so cheddar and courtney and i went to JTNP and i told the story about Gram Parsons and the stolen casket and the botched cremation attempt and the unofficial shrine that has been there for nearly 40 years. And when we got to the spot they'd cleaned all the graffiti up except for one token little sign "Blessed are those who have heard Gram Parsons" or some such. So a little anticlimactic but i dunno it was a beautiful day and a beautiful spot so I felt like it was worth it nonetheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

It surely was.
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    so cheddar and courtney and i went to JTNP and i told the story about Gram Parsons and the stolen casket and the botched cremation attempt and the unofficial shrine that has been there for nearly 40 years. And when we got to the spot they'd cleaned all the graffiti up except for one token little sign "Blessed are those who have heard Gram Parsons" or some such. So a little anticlimactic but i dunno it was a beautiful day and a beautiful spot so I felt like it was worth it nonetheless.
    Don't worry, Tom, you're not alone. I did a lot of research at Cap Rock and interviewed pilgrims to the Parsons site. Mixed reactions, people always seem to expect a bit more, but it's really a site given significance by the people who go. It's worth noting, however, that the site used to be really, really cool, I can post pictures. The National Parks folks have renewed their anti-Parsons graffitti campaign in recent years and they clean graffitti and debris from the site regularly. I'm interested to see any pics you took.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

VigoTheCarpathian

Rick's serpent. Yeah I said it.

Hahaha.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Drove through Joshua Tree NP on Thursday after chilling by the pool for a bit and hitting up Fisherman's Market for lunch. JT was way cooler than I expected, definitely worth the visit. I wish I'd had an extra day to hang out on Monday but we had to leave at 6 to get back to San Diego for a work committment. Next time . . . .
    '11, '12.1 coldchella

So I'm bumping this thread, because we just spent the weekend soaking in the water in Desert Hot Springs and I wanted to try this out, but could not for the life of me remember what it was called:

The Integratron

I couldn't find this thread until AFTER we got back. Ah, well... next time. And it was open this weekend, too. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.