Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coachella 2012 - The Essential Guide To Car Camping

Default Re: Coachella 2012 - The Essential Guide To Car Camping

Since it looks like there are going to be high winds, I might recommend sandbags or somekind of weighing down of your tent or canopy. My girlfriend and I made some nice sandbags to weigh down everything. Any one else doing something similar?
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    Since it looks like there are going to be high winds, I might recommend sandbags or somekind of weighing down of your tent or canopy. My girlfriend and I made some nice sandbags to weigh down everything. Any one else doing something similar?
    I'm just staking everything down really well. Worked fine last year and in other windy situations I have been in, also velcrowing and possibly zip tying the top of my ez up to the main ez up frame.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

mucho appreciatted!

trakball

Great thread, Dustin da DnB Soulja! Helped me to do a lot of shopping in preparation...

bump...

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN! And every one you're more than welcome, I am just glad individuals found use out of this thread. Prepchella 2012 HERE WE COME!
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Updated (very slightly) for 2013. Mostly for possible cold weather/rain conditions in 2013
    COACHELLA 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin da DnB Soulja View Post
    Updated (very slightly) for 2013. Mostly for possible cold weather/rain conditions in 2013
    Yes, I checked the almanac for this year and it looks as though it will be cooler than usual. I hope it is! And we will be buying a new canopy to replace the one that blew away last year.
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

Quote Originally Posted by CaseSensitive View Post
    Yes, I checked the almanac for this year and it looks as though it will be cooler than usual. I hope it is! And we will be buying a new canopy to replace the one that blew away last year.
    Yeah as long as you lower the the ez ups before you guys leave you should be fine, our camp was perfect (minus all being hunch backed) once the ez-ups were lowered.
    COACHELLA 2014

in 2012 i was at weekend 2 and it was still regularly coachella HOT! instead of having a tent this year though (we had 3 spaces side by side) we had an ez-up to which we zip tied a bunch of goodwill sheets that we tie-dyed. provided shade and privacy (for changing) but they could move to add more shade for the rest of the campsites we were connected to. bonus! they were cotton so they were breathable and didn't trap heat like tents do and since they were so colorful they helped to identify our site (along with our flag). foodwise the best thing we brought was pre-brewed coffee that we drank as iced coffee in the mornings.

Quote Originally Posted by alysiarenee View Post
    in 2012 i was at weekend 2 and it was still regularly coachella HOT! instead of having a tent this year though (we had 3 spaces side by side) we had an ez-up to which we zip tied a bunch of goodwill sheets that we tie-dyed. provided shade and privacy (for changing) but they could move to add more shade for the rest of the campsites we were connected to. bonus! they were cotton so they were breathable and didn't trap heat like tents do and since they were so colorful they helped to identify our site (along with our flag). foodwise the best thing we brought was pre-brewed coffee that we drank as iced coffee in the mornings.

Weekend 2 is "normal" Coachella weekend. Which was the perfect weekend because any weekend after it's even hotter and any weekend before it is much cooler or has the possibility of being much cooler.
    COACHELLA 2014

I like the idea of having a portable shower but how do you do this w/o making a mess of your site or the area in front of the site? Where/how would one dispose of the used water?
    Woodstock '94 and '99, Phish Fest '99, Moe. down '00, Gathering of the Vibes '00-'03, Rock the Bells '07, Sunset Strip Music Festival '11
    Coachella W2 2013, Bottle Rock Napa Valley 2013, Outside Lands 2013, Uproar Festival Chula Vista 2013, NIN @ Staples Center 8.11.2013
    Phish @ SPAC 7.4.2014
    Crosby, Stills and Nash @ Bethel Woods 7.5.2014
    The Hudson Project 7.10-7.13.2014
    Motley Crue @ Chula Vista, CA 7.30.2014
    Outside Lands 8.8-8.10.2014
    NIN and Soundgarden @ Chula Vista, CA 8.21.2014

Quote Originally Posted by GDSD573 View Post
    I like the idea of having a portable shower but how do you do this w/o making a mess of your site or the area in front of the site? Where/how would one dispose of the used water?
    I got a kiddy pool then I dumped the water under the car, the grass will dry and no one will get affected by it
    COACHELLA 2014

Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    found these as well:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/King-Canop...-Pack/23518051

how are you making your bags?
    Friday - OutKast / The Replacements / The Afghan Whigs / Shlohmo / GOAT / Flatbush Zombies / Glitch Mob / John Spencer / DJ Falcon / The Bots
    Saturday - QOTSA / NAS / CHVRCHES / Temples / Mogwai / Warpaint / DARKSIDE / Ty Segall / Graveyard / Carbon Airways
    Sunday - Beck / Disclosure / Motorhead / Little Dragon / Trombone Shorty / Frank Turner / Bombino / Bad Manners / J. Roddy / Scuba

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience ― Mark Twain

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

i suggest mosquito netting in lieu of sandbags. diffuses the wind.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by welgo800 View Post
    Attachment 4490

this. packets are nice to bring in the festival and add to your water refill. i dont drink alcohol during the festival, but i still need to stay hydrated these seam to work nice.
    Posted this in another existing thread over in Questions, but figured this should also be seen in Camping...

I just bought several little boxes of electrolyte sports drink powder packets to bring into the fest to mix into my Camelbak. Thing is, each little packet (each box comes with 4 packets) is meant to be mixed with 8 oz. of water. Each box, then is meant for 32oz. My Camelbak is 50 oz.

I have a question for people that are knowledgeable on things like sports nutrition/dehydration/etc.

What would be better:
    #1 Having 6 packets (48 oz) all at once, and the rest of the day (in the fest) just refill with water?

Or is that more electrolytes/sodium/potassium/whateverisinthispowder than is necessary to drink all at once, and therefore :

#2 I just have maybe 2-3 packets (16-24 oz) worth in the full 50oz camelbak so it's more than 50% diluted, but using this method, I drink the diluted stuff all day, every camelback refill?

My instincts tell me that #2 is better, since it seems like drinking 48oz of the stuff all at once might be excessive and you'd just pee out the extra stuff (kinda like taking a ton of Vitamin C), whereas drinking diluted stuff all day will be more beneficial. But then again maybe diluted electrolyte drink is ineffective. That's why I'm asking. Full strength once or twice a day, vs. diluted all day/night. Thanks in advance to the smart people that know the answer.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

just looked over OP after spending a bit of time building misters, buying canopies, etc. and im hitting all the checks. rad.

for what it's worth, I combined everyones tips into a single post. 10 days to go!
    http://www.travelgrom.com/travel-blo...g-to-coachella

Added another tip to the original post.
    COACHELLA 2014

windchella
    No Shirt
    No Shoes
    No Dice

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

chella.jpg

Does anyone know what this attachment this is called or where I can buy one? Sorry to sound like a noob, just trying to pick up all my gear ahead of time. Thanks.

derp...
    No Shirt
    No Shoes
    No Dice

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

Posted a new tip for 2014 of a mini solar charger.
    COACHELLA 2014

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    I've had it since 08 or 09.. changing the year every year.

I've pretty much lost all hope on an Outkast reunion

Look at my old post! I'm so glad it's finally happening.

Also, I suggest that if people have a phone with removable battery (like Galaxy Series) to buy an external charger and battery, that way you can easily swap your battery out without waiting for it to charge. Just make sure you get the right model, different carriers (Verizon vs ATT) may use a different size battery.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anker-2x-260...item1c359a7ce4

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    Look at my old post! I'm so glad it's finally happening.

Also, I suggest that if people have a phone with removable battery (like Galaxy Series) to buy an external charger and battery, that way you can easily swap your battery out without waiting for it to charge. Just make sure you get the right model, different carriers (Verizon vs ATT) may use a different size battery.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anker-2x-260...item1c359a7ce4
    Anker batteries are legit. I usually roll with at least 2 of them!
    COACHELLA 2014