Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone get into arguments with friends over this coachella?

Default Re: Anyone get into arguments with friends over this coachella?

If I left it up to my friends to get tickets, we would have missed every sellout year.
    My worst friends problem was them sitting around most of the day in the hotel room.
    I don't get it, you pay all this money to go to Coachella and you spend most of the afternoon watching American Idol reruns on TV?
    Thank GOD for the shuttles so I can blast off while they sit in the room.... took away the most stressful part of Coachella for me.

Well Wonderbot if you find yourself with an extra weekend 1 ticket that you need to get rid of *FERSURE* let me know - my cousin wants to come out from the UK to Coachella.

@Goat - Perhaps, I was actually going to try to hit u up in february for some boarding up in the mountains near ya.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    If I left it up to my friends to get tickets, we would have missed every sellout year.
    My worst friends problem was them sitting around most of the day in the hotel room.
    I don't get it, you pay all this money to go to Coachella and you spend most of the afternoon watching American Idol reruns on TV?
    Thank GOD for the shuttles so I can blast off while they sit in the room.... took away the most stressful part of Coachella for me.
    I don't get why people come to Coachella, buy a $300 ticket and are focused on going to parties nearby instead. I just DONT get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Well Wonderbot if you find yourself with an extra weekend 1 ticket that you need to get rid of *FERSURE* let me know - my cousin wants to come out from the UK to Coachella.

@Goat - Perhaps, I was actually going to try to hit u up in february for some boarding up in the mountains near ya.
    That sounds good . Blow through some tree(s) and grab some drinks. We got five campsites and a bunch of heads common week 1. I wanna see your improve while under the influence.
    You wanna fook on me?!

my sis is pissed she won't be my +1 this year, she will be 8 months pregnant by then and i don't want to deal or be responsible for that. don't think i can afford the cost of gas to keep the generator running all weekend in the rv to keep her comfortable, either. so for the first time in 7 years my +1 is up for grabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    That sounds good . Blow through some tree(s) and grab some drinks. We got five campsites and a bunch of heads common week 1. I wanna see your improve while under the influence.
    I'll do my handjob monologue and convince everyone that craigslist handjobs are way more efficient for a line of work than a 9-5 job.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    I'll do my handjob monologue and convince everyone that craigslist handjobs are way more efficient for a line of work than a 9-5 job.
    lol wtf. I can't wait to be a part of this. I'll be arriving on Thursday pretty early, around 1pm if we leave Las Vegas early enough. Then making stop at Baker for zee Jerky.

You guys seem fun, and I'm not lettign any drama ruin my weekend. This is going to be the best Coachella ever.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

handjobsbyj.com for a preview of what your future employment can look like

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    I'm done trying to organize. I have 2 friends who never fail me. From now on I'm only going to bother with them.
    That's me. With my friends, it's always the same... I talk up an amazing show (usually comedy, but including Coachella), they whine about money for awhile, talk about how they need to think about it, and basically make me assure them they'll have a great time. I buy the tickets, I pick 'em up, I arrange everything, then they have a great time. Next time... same deal. It's exhausting. This year I bought my tickets and nobody else's - fork 'em. My wife and I went alone to the last two comedy shows and had a marvelous time - lots of new friends at every event.

A get into arguments over how stupid some of you are. Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    A get into arguments over how stupid some of you are. Does that count?

bahahhha I know a guy or two like that
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    I didn't really argue with anyone about it until my friend ripped the lineup and then proceeded to admit that the only "bands" he listens to these days are Dave Matthews, Blues Traveler and Foo Fighters. He also spins trance. In his world, it's still 1997.

People are lame. I have realized 4 people is too many for me. I like to meet people there and then you dont feel bad ditching them to go to a different stage. This year after always going with 4 people I am only going with 1 other down chick. We become a duo and do what we want. In 2010 my boyfriends best friend was SET on keeping the group together.. I on the other hand was not down. I had to explain that coachella is expensive and I want to get every ounce of enjoyment from it. I suggested we spilt up and meet up later.. We were 2 couples so seemed simple enough.. WAS IT? NO. He got all butt hurt and just followed us around and didn't get HIS full enjoyment and resented me later. I was the bad guy cause I spoke up for myself. I still had a great time - I wont let anyone ruin my chella! Any hoo I am very excited!
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

No arguments with my friends here. Mostly because only one of my friends could actually make it to Coachella.

I'm actually into the idea of not having a big group to account for because this year will be my first time going and I want to enjoy myself as much as I can & meet some new people, and I just KNOW that someone nagging at me all weekend would get in the way of that.

Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post
    People are lame. I have realized 4 people is too many for me. I like to meet people there and then you dont feel bad ditching them to go to a different stage.
    You shouldn't feel guilty about seeing bands that you've paid to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post
    People are lame. I have realized 4 people is too many for me. I like to meet people there and then you dont feel bad ditching them to go to a different stage. This year after always going with 4 people I am only going with 1 other down chick. We become a duo and do what we want. In 2010 my boyfriends best friend was SET on keeping the group together.. I on the other hand was not down. I had to explain that coachella is expensive and I want to get every ounce of enjoyment from it. I suggested we spilt up and meet up later.. We were 2 couples so seemed simple enough.. WAS IT? NO. He got all butt hurt and just followed us around and didn't get HIS full enjoyment and resented me later. I was the bad guy cause I spoke up for myself. I still had a great time - I wont let anyone ruin my chella! Any hoo I am very excited!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
    No arguments with my friends here. Mostly because only one of my friends could actually make it to Coachella.

I'm actually into the idea of not having a big group to account for because this year will be my first time going and I want to enjoy myself as much as I can & meet some new people, and I just KNOW that someone nagging at me all weekend would get in the way of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    You shouldn't feel guilty about seeing bands that you've paid to see.
    My sentiments exactly. All of these things are true. When I go with a big group of people I often get outvoted and there's this need to stick together.

Though my group has been pretty awesome at splitting up and getting back together at Coachella. I think it'll end up being a lot more fun and enjoyable with 3 of my closest than a huge group of 12.

And I'm looking forward to meeting new people like I did all the previous years.

Goats up hoes down
    You wanna fook on me?!

I feel your pain, wonderbot. Never had an issue with friends not getting tickets, but this year, my friend booked a house for our group of 10 that is $2600 for the weekend and a 3 mile walk from the entrance. The next day I found a similar house for less than half the price that's a block away from one of the shuttles and I ran it by him. He said to book it and he'll find a way to get his money back. I booked it. 2 weeks later I brought it up to make sure he got his deposit back. He said he didn't realize I was actually getting the place, but he'll get his refund. As anyone could've guessed, he was not able to get a refund and now wants me to cancel. The problem is, I'm not interested in paying twice the price and walking 3 miles in and 3 miles out every day. No one else in the group really seems to care enough to talk to him about it and his attitude is essentially "if you have a problem with it, find someone to take over my rental."
    I know we both fucked up, but I just thought my friends would care about the money and the distance more than they do.

I've gone to festivals with large groups before, and honestly, I've stopped caring about whether everyone else has a good time or not. They are all adults, they don't need me to hold their hand. I'm going to see and do what I want to do, and if they want to come with me then great! If not, have fun!

I was at sasquatch last year with about 15 people, and spent about half the weekend by myself. I really don't give a shit if you are too hungover/too hot/too tired, etc. to go see a band, I'm not missing anything.

I'm down to charge out and sleep in the dirt next to the stage if I can't physically function I'm so fucked off. I will be there. I'll listen. I missed a few shows needing to sleep but that because I needed gas to party till 4am that night and rage while everyone else was in their tent sleeping.

Sometimes lounging and staying comfortable until 2pm is a smart choice if you have a late night show you want gas for.
    You wanna fook on me?!

Went in early last year alot as it was my friends first Coachella, so she had to get the full experience, we were passed out by 2am though. Definitely excited to not have to be anyone's guide this year.

Steve, I'll claim your VIP access.

aaronbk

No arguments and this is the largest group I have gone to coachella with. Its about 12-14 and most of them its there first year. Wouldnt of been able to go with such a large group if i went with weekend one during presale, because only about four out of the group got presales. I am at a point where I am comfortable being by myself at festies now. So i wont be worried about who I am with or what everyone else is doing.

Hell man, my first festie I went with my best friend. And ever since I've gone either with one person or a group. Best time by far is when it's a small group. Large groups you almost never stick together the whole weekend.

It's kinda cool to have a big group at the camp or hotel when you're coming down off stuff and just tripping with each other. But I can do that with my 3 besties just fine. And I'll make new friends like I always do.

Wonderbot I feel your pain. I bought 4 tickets in the presale last June and virtually none of my friends ended up taking any of them. I sold one on StubHub and the other two went to a friend of a friend that I had met a few times, and his brother. I had a great time this year but I'm not buying 4 tickets in the presale again. If my friends say they want to go they can buy presale themselves. They're the ones missing out, not me.

the coastal town that they forgot to close down

coachella lesson #2 - screw everyone else:

"we're all skipping miike snow so we can get in front for radiohead"
    "omg it's soooo cold"
    "...but the game's on!"
    "we're on our way over from the hotel" (6pm saturday)
    "nah we're gonna take off, the new modeselektor sucks"
    "did you catch justice?!"
    "omg it's so cold...we're gonna go back to our hotel" (7:45 friday right before madness)
    "sorry, my girlfriend really wants to see david guetta"

Ive dealt with enough last-minute flakes, deadbeats, liars, and party poopers while trying to plan/enjoy Coachella, and really the only way I´ll do it from now on is on MY terms. Last year I planned with someone else only to have them drop out an HOUR before we were supposed to leave, leaving me without a ride or camping gear. This year I went with someone who spent the entire time in the condo, crying on the phone with her boyfriend she was having relationship issues with. She literally spent about 2 hours total on the polo fields. The only way to do Coachella is to do what YOU want. You will have fun regardless, meet lots of great people, and make memories. Singlechella next year for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by penny_sparkle View Post
    coachella lesson #2 - screw everyone else:

"we're all skipping miike snow so we can get in front for radiohead"
    "omg it's soooo cold"
    "...but the game's on!"
    "we're on our way over from the hotel" (6pm saturday)
    "nah we're gonna take off, the new modeselektor sucks"
    "did you catch justice?!"
    "omg it's so cold...we're gonna go back to our hotel" (7:45 friday right before madness)
    "sorry, my girlfriend really wants to see david guetta"
    Lol, basically this.

^^^^hahaha

always follow lesson #2

Every year I tell my friends ahead of time that tickets are going on sale, you should buy the ticket. And then I always get the excuse of "that's way too much money blahblahblah" and then tickets sell out and then I go and have a blast. Then when I get back I hear the same shit: "That sounds amazing, I wish you would have told me you were going I would've loved to go." Pisses me off every damn time!
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.