Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone get into arguments with friends over this coachella?

Default Anyone get into arguments with friends over this coachella?

I've had so many issues with this trip because of tickets.

I got mine last year, I told everyone, no one listened.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Default Re: Anyone get into arguments with friends over this coachella?

Arguments with Friends: New Facebook App?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

lol no just... people wanted me to sell my weekend 1 tix and try to buy weekend 2 tix. I didn't want to do that because they assumed it would be easy to get Weekend 2 tickets. I had the fear that they might have been severely depleted during the pre-sale just not sold out.

So I insisted on Weekend 1 and while I already had 2 tickets, only I was able to buy 4 more weekend 1 tickets to distribute among the group. We were 3-5 tickets short, but we could have easily gotten some. And now two from my group are bailing and going to weekend 2 for reasons I don't exactly believe. And all that after they knew one of my best friends and I had a huge blow up over tickets (that's a whole different story on its own...).

That fight was about him not wanting to put up any effort at all to go. He refused to try and buy tickets, and when I offered to buy it for him he was all like ok cool. When we spoke about it again, he didn't remember we had talked at all and freaked out for no reason. So yeah, I bought him a ticket anyway... but then we were missing tickets for two other people. And he kept saying "if they don't go I won't go" so.... since he's being like that, and they don't have tickets... I gave it to someone who actually wanted to go.

After about 3-4 days he changes his mind and decides now he wants to go anyway. Too late...

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

i really don't care.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Lake Eldorado is still available for both weekends - so it's not too late.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

You should just go with the people who want to go. You're friend kind of sounds like a jerk...or not someone who'd be very fun to coachella with. let him figure his shit out on his own, you shouldn't have to worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    lol no just... people wanted me to sell my weekend 1 tix and try to buy weekend 2 tix. I didn't want to do that because they assumed it would be easy to get Weekend 2 tickets. I had the fear that they might have been severely depleted during the pre-sale just not sold out.

So I insisted on Weekend 1 and while I already had 2 tickets, only I was able to buy 4 more weekend 1 tickets to distribute among the group. We were 3-5 tickets short, but we could have easily gotten some. And now two from my group are bailing and going to weekend 2 for reasons I don't exactly believe. And all that after they knew one of my best friends and I had a huge blow up over tickets (that's a whole different story on its own...).

That fight was about him not wanting to put up any effort at all to go. He refused to try and buy tickets, and when I offered to buy it for him he was all like ok cool. When we spoke about it again, he didn't remember we had talked at all and freaked out for no reason. So yeah, I bought him a ticket anyway... but then we were missing tickets for two other people. And he kept saying "if they don't go I won't go" so.... since he's being like that, and they don't have tickets... I gave it to someone who actually wanted to go.

After about 3-4 days he changes his mind and decides now he wants to go anyway. Too late...
    Your friend sounds like a fuck bag. He sounds like somebody that would get jerked off on stage for 311 tickets

Sounds like a girlfriend you should dump.

Wonderbot, you and I man. You bring the jerky; I'll get you hopped up on life.

Every year my whole group blows it by not getting tickets or a Sell out. Then panic.
    Then I remind them that last year it was sold out and the year before when they couldn't afford it and the year before when they had something important come up...

They were still there and still partied and remember what an amazing time it was.
    Coachella isn't about tickets or money or groups. If You really want to be there, It will happen.
    Back in the day when I was broke and didn't even know what Coachella was, I had a friend who told me this.
    I had 40$ and a flat of water. Best weekend of my life. Best acid I ever took. Stayed in random hotels with girls and friends.

Just gotta want it. Coachella needs real people with good intentions.
    You wanna fook on me?!

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    Lake Eldorado is still available for both weekends - so it's not too late.
    Hush yo mouth, I want that shit as empty as possible so everybody gets a lakeside tent and a palm tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Sounds like a girlfriend you should dump.

Wonderbot, you and I man. You bring the jerky; I'll get you hopped up on life.
    Yeah dude, I've not forgotten. My party shrank from 12 to 4.

I sent you a friend request and I posted my email and google+ account.

That Jerky will be on its way

And yeah, I'm over this whole ordeal. I'm over everything.

They wanted to brign someone along that does nothign but antagonize me. Every time we hang out at a festival this guy does way too many drugs and is left a ruined heap on the floor we all have to care for. So I voiced my objection, and people agreed with me. And yet knowing what will inevitably happen... they decide to bring him anyway.

So in the end it's for the best they all go to Weekend 2. No one to ruin my Coachella.

I'm glad my friends aren't like yours

Last year I dumped a friend over Coachella. She was in our group and had my car's camping pass. After being completely impossible to get a hold of she left a message on my voicemail saying she scalped her ticket and OUR camping pass for $1,000 and figured we could buy another (this was like 3 weeks before the fest). Friends off.

Fortunately we adopted some girls who wanted a ride from the airport and had a camping pass so it all worked out for the better anyway, but I've never wanted to hit someone ever in my life until that moment.

Wonderbot, I feel your pain. Want to make friends?

I can always use new friends. I'm a very agreeable kind of guy, and I never start drama.

This topic is now about making new friends.

What music are you all into?

http://www.last.fm/user/c3pillin

I listen to pretty much everything under the sun. I have an unconditional love of music in all forms and genres.

Us boardies are just more die-hard than most. I go through it every year -- I tell my friends to set aside some cash in December, I give them a heads up about when tickets go on sale and they all say they're planning on it. Then, when I hear it's sold out and I text everyone, no one bought tickets. I just need to stop caring about what my friends do. It'll work out and I'll have a great time. It always does and I always do.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiohead View Post
    Us boardies are just more die-hard than most. I go through it every year -- I tell my friends to set aside some cash in December, I give them a heads up about when tickets go on sale and they all say they're planning on it. Then, when I hear it's sold out and I text everyone, no one bought tickets. I just need to stop caring about what my friends do. It'll work out and I'll have a great time. It always does and I always do.
    Yup. I tried convincing two friends who claim to love dancing, live music, and good times. They had the money, but they kept saying, "oh, we'll think about it." The lineup comes out, and one friend says, oh no daft punk?
    Fuck it. I figure they don't love music as much, so sorry for ya!
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

My tyrannical dictator comes out every year and I strong arm every one of my friends into buying tickets. They hate me for a week and then I'm a hero when it sells out.

I'm done trying to organize. I have 2 friends who never fail me. From now on I'm only going to bother with them.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Hush yo mouth, I want that shit as empty as possible so everybody gets a lakeside tent and a palm tree.
    Exactly.

No one wants to make friends, or they must not like my music selection :X

It seems like most of Camp Fancy pants wont be there this year (no one presaled... and claiming it was scalpers....) and I may just be going solo with the little sister. Stoked on her getting her first Coachella in!

That's what I love about Coachella though, I went the first 3 years solo pretty much. Camped by myself, met up with some friends and really adopted friendships of neighbors. There are tons of cool people out there and as far as the future goes, its always good to meet people from other areas of the world so you have more reason to venture out into it (the world).

Aw that's cute. I wish I could bring my nephew out to Coachella some time when he's a little older.

This time it's gonna be me, 3 of my best bros, and possibly our neighbor from last year. He turned out to be super cool and we hung out all weekend long. Then I went and stayed at his house last year when I went to Hard Haunted Mansion.

I can't wait to see who I wind up camped next to this year.

Mugwog. Hit a brotha up out there. I'm gonna have a good sized group of kids that you will get along with.
    You wanna fook on me?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    I may just be going solo with the little sister.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Mugwog. Hit a brotha up out there.

No fights this year but after the drama with my girl friend and her "lack of private space" i will be staying in a hotel with her, 1st time in 7 years not renting a time share with a house load of friends. Should be a very different year looking forward to having a new experience, but luckly my friends are still going so we can all still hang out.
    Coachella is better than Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    XD

I didn't really argue with anyone about it until my friend ripped the lineup and then proceeded to admit that the only "bands" he listens to these days are Dave Matthews, Blues Traveler and Foo Fighters. He also spins trance. In his world, it's still 1997.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

My friends really pulled a number on me. They all were into weekend 1 and then when 3 people didn't get weekend 1 tickets (3 out of a group of 12) they all said fuck it and looked for Weekend 2 tickets.... when all we needed was 3 Weekend 1 tickets to all be together.

So where my group was once 12 for Weekend 1, with only 9 tickets between us.... instead of buying 3 weekend 1 tickets they all bailed to weekend 2. Leaving me, my two best friends, and another pal.

And then they tell me lies like "My gf has university work due that day" and classes haven't even started yet. And the story told to someone else in the group was "I don't want to be with my gf and 10 other dudes" and other things like that. Then they think they can still get the tickets *I* bought to use to get Weekend 2.

Fuck that, you don't come with me then I keep all tickets.