Thread: Who else is staying at Embassy Suites in La Quinta ??

Talking Who else is staying at Embassy Suites in La Quinta ??

Who else is staying at Embassy Suites in La Quinta ??

Default Re: Who else is staying at Embassy Suites in La Quinta ??

I am! Really bummed it's not on shuttle line this year. Do you think I could just take shuttle to La Quinta Resort and then make it back somehow???

You absolutely can...I already checked by emailing Coachella. You do not have to be a hotel guest at The La Quinta resort to take that shuttle. Coachella might ask you for a hotel reservation confirmation number for The La Quinta Resort. This will be in an email you get to purchase the Yellow Zone 1 shuttle pass but don't worry about it. We are planning on either walking or taking a cab to the La Quinta resort from the Embassy Suites in La Quinta for the shuttle. It's about a couple blocks. You guys are more than welcome to join us. They just don't want non-hotel guests to park at the hotel.

The two are only a couple of blocks away from each other! I rent rooms close by and my guests who take the shuttle have NO problem with not staying at the hotel! You'll be fine!!!

Good to know about the distance between the two properties! Although, from google maps it looks like about 1 1/2 miles in between. Walkable but I'm still hoping to have the option of driving and parking there at La Quinta. Do you think they'd tow??

No way you park at LA Quinta Resort. Zero percent chance. No real street parking nearby. Take your chances at LQ Dunes Golf Course maybe? If not, a mile and a half walk isn't that bad. Last year we took the shuttles and got dropped off at Embassy Suites and walked 2.5 miles into the cove each night.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Were probably taking a cab from Embassy Suites La Quinta to La Quinta resort...at 2 miles max can't be more than $10 in cab fair...divide that between a couple people and its well worth not the walk and potential towing of car. Coming back I heard they will probably drop you off at Embassy. We can always share some cabs too.

SCALPER

IF YOU NEED A CAB BUDDY MESSAGE ME...

We're staying here as well. After talking to Valley Music Travel we purchased the tennis garden passes. It's about a 5 minute drive and plenty of parking...so we were told. I was hoping the shuttle would pick up/drop off at ES like they did last year.

Like I said you can take the La Quinta Line which is much closer and either walk or cab it there. Well be happy to share our cabs with anyone. The whole point is not having to drive at the end of night. They will drop you off at The Embassy Suites at the end of the night on the way back.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachAlumni View Post
    .They will drop you off at The Embassy Suites at the end of the night on the way back.
    How are you sure about this?
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

They did last year and I also believe this is the least crowded shuttle line.

That's because last year The Embassy Suites was an official shuttle stop. You could catch it there, check in there to pick up your passes, or get dropped off. I haven't seen any indication that now that they are not an official stop this year that they will be doing any of those things. I'd double check before you rely on getting dropped off at night.

The walk isn't that bad, really.

Playa well just bum a ride from you back to Embassy~!

Quote Originally Posted by CoachAlumni View Post
    You absolutely can...I already checked by emailing Coachella. You do not have to be a hotel guest at The La Quinta resort to take that shuttle. Coachella might ask you for a hotel reservation confirmation number for The La Quinta Resort. This will be in an email you get to purchase the Yellow Zone 1 shuttle pass but don't worry about it. We are planning on either walking or taking a cab to the La Quinta resort from the Embassy Suites in La Quinta for the shuttle. It's about a couple blocks. You guys are more than welcome to join us. They just don't want non-hotel guests to park at the hotel.
    This is interesting, as my party is dealing with the same issue staying in houses in La Quinta Cove. I called Valley Music Travel this past Friday, and they confirmed that you cannot ride the La Quinta shuttle unless you are a registered guest at the La Quinta Resort (per a request from the resort). I'm not sure how they are regulating this, but I'm assuming with wristbands from the hotel. Last year we parked at a park down the street and walked in to the resort no problem. I'd love to believe otherwise since the La Quinta shuttle is way more convenient, but also don't want to be denied riding a shuttle. Do you have the email that you can post that you received from Coachella? Also, if anyone else has any more info, I'd appreciate the help. I plan on calling VMT again, as well as the resort to try to confirm.

Here's a link to VMT that states the new rule about being a guest at the hotel. The last day to change shuttle passes is tomorrow if you bought them with your ticket back in June FYI.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 1:03 PM
    Subject: RE: Shuttle Question
    To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

no you dont have to be a hotel guest to use a shuttle. you just need the shuttle pass
    -------- Original Message --------
    Subject: Re: Shuttle Question
    Date: Thu, January 19, 2012 2:00 pm
    To: "<info@coachella.com>" <info@coachella.com>
    Like i said we are walking to the La Quinta zone 1 location. We don't need parking but just want to make sure we don't have to be a hotel guest to get on shuttle ?

On Jan 19, 2012, at 12:31 PM, <info@coachella.com> wrote:

sure. i dont know if they have parking for non hotel guests though

Subject: Re: Shuttle Question
    Date: Thu, January 19, 2012 1:25 pm
    To: "<info@coachella.com>" <info@coachella.com>
    Can I take the La Quinta shuttle if I'm not staying at that particular hotel ?

On Jan 19, 2012, at 11:23 AM, <info@coachella.com> wrote:

you are not required to park there.

Subject: Shuttle Question
    Date: Thu, January 19, 2012 8:16 am
    To: info@coachella.com

Hi I purchased a shuttle ticket for La Quinta Line - Zone 1
    I am staying at a different hotel down the street and plan on walking to this
    shuttle stop location. I am not parking my car at the Zone 1 location. Is that OK?
    Will I be able to ride from the Zone 1 location?

Thanks for that! I also just got off the phone with Valley Music Travel and a different person answered the phone. The lady said it was not a problem to walk on to the property and take the shuttle. Apparently the hotel wanted something posted on their site that only registered guests can take the shuttle in order to deter too many people from trying to park in the area since it's the closest to the festival. Hopefully this is the deal and there will be no issues. She said that the hotel would not be giving out extra wristbands and that VMT workers would be manning the shuttles, not hotel people. She is going to send me an email confirming the details she gave me.

So stoked we don't have to drive down to the Tennis Gardens from La Quinta Cove!

Yeah, were pretty stoked also. Post you confirmation email when you get it.

I stayed at La Quinta and they didn't check for proof of stay, just shuttle wristbands.

We've also took the La Quinta shuttle last year no problem. I was just dealing with the issue because of new info that they posted on the Valley Music Travel site for the La Quinta line.

It freaked me out for a moment when it said registered guests only - like they would have some extra way to monitor this. I talked to three different people at VMT who gave me three different answers. Finally talked to a supervisor and we're all good. I guess that info is just a decoy to prevent people from buying the passes and trying to park in and around the La Quinta area...

How many times are you freaks going to post the same thing over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by FERNIE76021 View Post
    IF YOU NEED A CAB BUDDY MESSAGE ME...

Hello, I need a cab buddy for Coachella of 2014. Any advice?

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

wait 10 months to worry about things that happen 11 months from now. that's my suggestion.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me