saw them on Saturday....they were okay, probably skip them at Coachella
This is directly copied from the Dada Life wikipedia page
The Dada Life Philosophy
Dada Life has their own philosophy: "We are Dada Life. Destroy dance music and have fun. Donít look back in the past. Always go forward. Donít think too much. Always follow the money. Do the Dada. The result? Big tunes, no frills."
THERULESOFDADATHERULESOFDADA are part of the Dada Life philosophy. These appear in their facebook posts and in their tweets in the format: "rule #THERULESOFDADA".
- Never bring your brain to a rave.
- Doing the "airpiano" on stage while looking up in the air? Never. The "heart sign" with both your hands? F**K NO.
- Tickle-punch-tickle-combo. Happy Violence!
- Cheating is winning.
- If you're stuck, there's only one solution: go harder.
- If you only need one word to describe a song in the studio...then it's done!
- No bananas on the rider? Then we do our two hour deep/tech house set. Everything under 118 BPM.
- PLUR = Potassium Lust Unity Rage
- Arriving beautiful - leaving ugly.
- Beautiful music = boring music. At least today.
- Never BBQ before a gig.
- If you don't want to get wet, you don't want to have fun.
- Bass don't cry.
- Changing underwear at the club is cheating. Even for the members of Dada Life.
- Never bring your brain into the club.
- Art should be loud as fuck.
- Always kick out the epic motherfucker. Always.
The "Never bring your brain into the club." rule is very telling.
PLUR, bro... PLUR.
10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella
I'll take 1 sample of the douchery.
Direct slap in the face to SHM? I approve.THERULESOFDADA
Doing the "airpiano" on stage while looking up in the air? Never. The "heart sign" with both your hands? F**K NO.
I liked them. I only saw 3 sets in the Sahara all weekend, so I don't have much to judge them by. The huge blow-up letters were not needed.
I have to give them credit for being hilarious. On their XM radio show the other day they read some reader mail. The one thing they read was "Why bananas and champagne" to which they replied STUPID QUESTION!!!! and then played some Bingoplayers.
I stayed away from their set because there was better stuff on, but they are hilarious and I won't begrudge anyone who had fun at their show.
Dada Life were a big mistake, maybe it was the lack of drugs, but it overall, sucked hard. Thank god the tent emptied out and I got a barricade spot for NERO.
Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields
If you saw how much they said "DaDa" from last years EDC, you would ban them from your personal viewing FOEVER