Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 43

Thread: Dada Life

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Dada Life

    i am setting myself up for a major shit-upon here, but what the hell. i've never seen them and i'm really looking forward to this set. their sound is fat and raunchy, evidently their shows are a giant party, and i love champagne. i don't like to watch youtubes from acts that i've never seen before, so maybe they're total dogshit. they seem like they've got a bad rap around here (not that i care you guys are the most negative fucks ever) so i wanted to see what the deal was.

    maybe people are psyched! probably not! /peanut-butter-jelly-time.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega man View Post
    Anybody know where I can find pics of when Magnetic Man had the crowd sit down. That moment was epic

  2. #2
    Member insbordnat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In a blazing inferno
    Posts
    1,871

    Default Re: Dada Life

    they are utter shit. dog shit. your taste in music blows donkey dick. people aren't psyched. garbage. etc.

    p.s. fuck champagne and bananas.
    Last edited by insbordnat; 01-17-2012 at 06:38 PM.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

  3. #3

    Default Re: Dada Life

    hmm good point thanks professor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega man View Post
    Anybody know where I can find pics of when Magnetic Man had the crowd sit down. That moment was epic

  4. #4
    Member insbordnat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In a blazing inferno
    Posts
    1,871

    Default Re: Dada Life

    my pleasure, mary ann.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

  5. #5
    Lurker ZeeVee22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    San Pedro CA
    Posts
    38

    Default Re: Dada Life

    If you are going to see a house act then DADA is one to see. I won't be in the sahara much this year but go do the DADA !!!!
    3/20 The Temper Trap @The El Rey
    4/13 Coachella week 1
    4/17 Madeon @The Roxy
    4/19 Nero, Dillon Francis, Sub Focus @Club Nokia
    5/11 Le Castle Vania, Beta Traxx, Burn Unit @Avalon
    6/8 EDC Las Vegas
    6/15 The Temper Trap @the palladium
    8/3 Hard Summer night 1
    8/9 Outsidelands Music Festival
    9/1 FYF Fest, LA Historic Park
    9/9 Hot Chip, Passion Pit @the Hollywood Bowl
    10/25 Two Door Cinema Club @the Palladium
    10/27 The Presets @Club Nokia

  6. #6
    Member sison3531's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    115

    Default Re: Dada Life

    I've seen Dada Life several times at Insomniac events. They're definitely a fun time.
    2012: Coachella Weekend Two & Roskilde

  7. #7
    Member ianM.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    101

    Default Re: Dada Life

    It will definitely be a party. The reason it's so negative around them is because they are too close to all the other untalented electro bullshit we got this year.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Dada Life

    Quote Originally Posted by ianM. View Post
    It will definitely be a party. The reason it's so negative around them is because they are part of the untalented electro bullshit we got this year.
    Fixed this for you

  9. #9
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,616

    Default Re: Dada Life

    I didn't care for the one youtube video I saw on their Coachella page.

  10. #10
    Lurker thefullm0nty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    32

    Default Re: Dada Life

    I saw them once before Tiesto in October. REALLY excited to see them again. Going to be awesome!
    2010 and 2012. -- Check out r/coachella
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick o View Post
    no, stop posting bull shit and trying to hate on every artist who achieves success and isnt considered underground. we get it youre a hipster, now fuck off

  11. #11
    Member Sensuality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    751

    Default Re: Dada Life

    I'm going to dress up in a gorilla suit and chase around all the idiots dressed as bananas... Only reason I'll show up at that set.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

  12. #12
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,666

    Default Re: Dada Life

    @ EDC LV they seemed to ruin my buzz as they got very repetitive (Satisfaction/DADA Life Mix BLEH)
    I would say Chuckie and R3hab were way better; although Chuckie's "ARE YOU READY TO JUMP" got old really fast.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Dada Life

    i have to figure out a way to sneak two bottles of champagne in...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega man View Post
    Anybody know where I can find pics of when Magnetic Man had the crowd sit down. That moment was epic

  14. #14
    Member insbordnat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In a blazing inferno
    Posts
    1,871

    Default Re: Dada Life

    hoop it
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

  15. #15
    Member Drewfus46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    182

    Default Re: Dada Life

    Im stoked for fucken Dada Life.... GO fucken Bananas!
    Coachella is better than Christmas

  16. #16
    Member brycerosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,512

    Default Re: Dada Life

    been listening to "just do the dada" sounds like fun live
    Stevie Wonder, Jurassic 5!!, Magnetic Man, Pogo, Tycho, Tears for Fears 2013

    Coach 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13(1)
    Sasquatch 12
    Lolla 11(Chile)
    VOODOO 11
    Street Scene 07,08,09
    Rock the Bells 07

  17. #17
    Member thom cobain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Downey
    Posts
    808

    Default Re: Dada Life

    doodoo life
    2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014, 2014

  18. #18

    Default Re: Dada Life

    Quote Originally Posted by thom cobain View Post
    doodoo life
    The only parts of Dada Life I heard was while taking a dump in the portapotties. They played an Afrojack song and two others songs I had heard several times that weekend and were at least a year old. Maybe it was better from the Sahara tent, I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

  19. #19
    Member AgainstFeist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lost Vegas
    Posts
    226

    Default Re: Dada Life

    You are correct. It will be a big ass party! Don't miss it because of all the haters.
    06', 07', 08', 09', 10', 11', 12', 13'

  20. #20
    Member welgo800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    339

    Default Re: Dada Life

    DADA LIFE is a blast!!!!!!!! they had a marching band come out in the middle of their set at EDC on sat. night. WHO DOES THAT!?!?!? they got me at TAO '10/'11 as i entered the tent with molly on each arm dragging me to the phat beats of this duo. the song just happened to be the re-mix of gewn stafani's "the shit's bananas" and it looped for about 10 min (it felt like). i set my eyes on the giant banana at the front of the stage working its way back to me, i looked around and said outloud, "this shit's BANANAS!!!"

    the rest of the show was a blast. if you like to dance they wil make you move your feet. they feel like what a "house party" should be.

    i see them whenever i can, and coachella will be no different!!!

    DO THE DADA!!!
    No Shirt
    No Shoes
    No Dice

    Learn it. Know it. Live it.

  21. #21
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,136

    Default Re: Dada Life

    Quote Originally Posted by waterandcoffee View Post
    i am setting myself up for a major shit-upon here, but what the hell. i've never seen them and i'm really looking forward to this set. their sound is fat and raunchy, evidently their shows are a giant party, and i love champagne. i don't like to watch youtubes from acts that i've never seen before, so maybe they're total dogshit. they seem like they've got a bad rap around here (not that i care you guys are the most negative fucks ever) so i wanted to see what the deal was.

    maybe people are psyched! probably not! /peanut-butter-jelly-time.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeVee22 View Post
    If you are going to see a house act then DADA is one to see. I won't be in the sahara much this year but go do the DADA !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sison3531 View Post
    I've seen Dada Life several times at Insomniac events. They're definitely a fun time.
    Quote Originally Posted by thefullm0nty View Post
    I saw them once before Tiesto in October. REALLY excited to see them again. Going to be awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewfus46 View Post
    Im stoked for fucken Dada Life.... GO fucken Bananas!
    Quote Originally Posted by AgainstFeist View Post
    You are correct. It will be a big ass party! Don't miss it because of all the haters.
    Quote Originally Posted by welgo800 View Post
    DADA LIFE is a blast!!!!!!!! they had a marching band come out in the middle of their set at EDC on sat. night. WHO DOES THAT!?!?!? they got me at TAO '10/'11 as i entered the tent with molly on each arm dragging me to the phat beats of this duo. the song just happened to be the re-mix of gewn stafani's "the shit's bananas" and it looped for about 10 min (it felt like). i set my eyes on the giant banana at the front of the stage working its way back to me, i looked around and said outloud, "this shit's BANANAS!!!"

    the rest of the show was a blast. if you like to dance they wil make you move your feet. they feel like what a "house party" should be.

    i see them whenever i can, and coachella will be no different!!!

    DO THE DADA!!!
    fuck.

  22. #22
    Lurker thefullm0nty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    32

    Default Re: Dada Life

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Ill stay in the tent and you can fuck off kind sir.
    2010 and 2012. -- Check out r/coachella
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick o View Post
    no, stop posting bull shit and trying to hate on every artist who achieves success and isnt considered underground. we get it youre a hipster, now fuck off

  23. #23
    Member Mr. Porter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    LA & Mililani
    Posts
    1,762

    Default Re: Dada Life

    Looking forward to seeing these guys possibly during sunset at the Sahara
    I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall

  24. #24
    old school DFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    la
    Posts
    2,535

    Default Re: Dada Life

    Who cares about the negative feedback to all the sahara acts. I would hate to be someone who doesnt set foot in the sahara once the whole weekend.

    This song seems like it'll be crazy to watch live.

    FYF 08/23-08/24
    Chvrches 09/19
    Banks 10/16
    Digitalism 11/08

  25. #25
    Member Dustin da DnB Soulja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Shitty Fernando Valley
    Posts
    1,604

    Default Re: Dada Life

    We want

    To Play shitttty music

    really!

    So go on and book us!

    We want to play shitty music with a smmmiiiilllllleeeeee
    COACHELLA 2014

    DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

  26. #26

    Default Re: Dada Life

    ive seen dada life before. they're just a fun party. they don't drop any surprises and nothing about them is deep or amazing. they're just a fun party best to be enjoyed with a group of girls. preferably wearing indian head dresses.

  27. #27
    Member Sensuality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    751

    Default Re: Dada Life

    Quote Originally Posted by weezy f baby View Post
    ive seen dada life before. they're just a fun party. they don't drop any surprises and nothing about them is deep or amazing. they're just a fun party best to be enjoyed with a group of girls. preferably wearing indian head dresses.
    Not again this year with those fucking headdresses...
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

  28. #28
    Member welgo800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    339

    Default Re: Dada Life

    No Shirt
    No Shoes
    No Dice

    Learn it. Know it. Live it.

  29. #29
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,225

    Default Re: Dada Life

    There will be bros. But I'll be there partying my face off anyway

  30. #30

    Default Re: Dada Life

    This should be good, definitely will be playing some phat bangers

Similar Threads

  1. Bring Dada Life to Coachella...
    By weezy f baby in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-12-2010, 03:07 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 03:05 PM
  3. f**k my life
    By caco0283 in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 05-18-2009, 01:34 PM
  4. What a Life
    By downingthief in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-05-2008, 09:47 AM
  5. Dada
    By breakjaw in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 06:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •