Thread: The Beatles: The Night That Changed America - A GRAMMY Salute (Sneak Peek Videos)

Default The Beatles: The Night That Changed America - A GRAMMY Salute (Sneak Peek Videos)

This Sunday, CBS will air a television event celebrating 50 years since The Beatles debuted on The Ed Sullivan Show. Watch performances of classic Beatles songs by Maroon 5, Imagine Dragons, Alicia Keys, John Mayer, Pharrell, John Legend, Keith Urban, Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran, Gary Clark Jr. and Brad Paisley as well as legends like Stevie Wonder, Jeff Lynne, Joe Walsh and The Eurythmics. Also special performances from Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney in addition to a performance that everyone has been talking about since the taping last week.

The special will air 8/7c on Sunday, Feb 9, 2014 on CBS!

Check out these clips:

Coachellas '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 (W1&2), '13 (W1&2)

Default Re: The Beatles: The Night That Changed America - A GRAMMY Salute (Sneak Peek Videos)

Fuck you spammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Default Re: The Beatles: The Night That Changed America - A GRAMMY Salute (Sneak Peek Videos)

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Fuck you spammer.
    LOL. U mad bro?

McCartney is a former Coachella headliner.

I am so sick of Stevie wonder .
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

Quote Originally Posted by natureboy View Post
    LOL. U mad bro?

McCartney is a former Coachella headliner.
    You posted a fucking advertisement. Go fuck yourself.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

You posted a fucking advertisement. Go fuck yourself.
    dawson_crying.jpg

YIKES! Sorry sweethart. Didn't mean to get sand in your vag.

I've been a member here and attended every Coachella since 2008 so it's well within my right to post something like this especially considering Paul McCartney was a headliner and The Beatles probably influenced a large portion of the performers at this festival.

You should learn to manage your emotions better. Here's a song for you...

I hope they play "Nowhere man." It's my favorite Beatles song that is unfortunately underplayed. Pre Sitar post rockabilly beatles is my favorite.
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Why did Joe Walsh have to be part of While My Guitar Gently Weeps?
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

loved Joe Walsh with Dave Grohl and Gary Clark Jr...

Quote Originally Posted by natureboy View Post
    You should learn to manage your emotions better.
    You should get smarter.

"Nowhere Man" is in my top 5 also!

Some covers were good, some were god awful....
    Really??? Maroon 5? Imagine Dragons?? Katy Perry wasn't as bad as I expected, but WHY?

Joe Walsh cracks me up.

And yet they never bothered to bring The Chemical Brothers to perform their rendition of Tomorrow Never Knows. WTF?

WHY DIDN"T THEY BRING OUT EVERY ASSHOLE WHO HAS EVER COVERED A BEATLES SONG EVER?

WTF???

A Hard Day s Night (1964)
    Screen: The Four Beatles in 'A Hard Day's Night':British Singers Make Debut as Film Stars A Lively Spoof of the Craze They Set Off

By BOSLEY CROWTHER
    Published: August 12, 1964

THIS is going to surprise you—it may knock you right out of your chair—but the new film with those incredible chaps, the Beatles, is a whale of a comedy.

I wouldn't believe it either, if I hadn't seen it with my own astonished eyes, which have long since become accustomed to seeing disasters happen when newly fledged pop-singing sensations are hastily rushed to the screen. But this first fiction film of the Beatles, entitled "A Hard Day's Night," which exploded last night at the Astor, the Trans-Lux East and other theaters hereabouts, has so much good humor going for it that it is awfully hard to resist.

In the first place, it's a wonderfully lively and altogether good-natured spoof of the juvenile madness called "Beatlemania," the current spreading craze of otherwise healthy young people for the four British lads with the shaggy hair.

The opening shots, behind the credits, are of three of the fellows running ahead of a mob of howling admirers chasing after them as they break away from a theater where they have played a singing engagement and race for a waiting train. And all the way through the picture, there are frenzied episodes of the Beatles' encounters with squealing fans and with reporters who ask silly questions, all in a facile, witty vein.

But more than this, it's a fine conglomeration of madcap clowning in the old Marx Brothers' style, and it is done with such a dazzling use of camera that it tickles the intellect and electrifies the nerves.

This is the major distinction of this commercially sure-fire film: It is much more sophisticated in theme and technique than its seemingly frivolous matter promises. With practically nothing substantial in the way of a story to tell — nothing more than a loosely strung fable of how the boys take under their wings the wacky old grandfather of one of them while preparing for a London television show—it discovers a nifty little satire in the paradox of the old man being more of a problem, more of "a troublemaker and a mixer," than the boys.

"'e's a nice old man isn't "e?," notes one of the fellows when they first meet Granddad on a train. And another replies, with courteous unction, which parodies the standard comment about the Beatles themselves, '"e's very clean."

This line, which runs through the picture, may be too subtle for the happily squealing kids who will no doubt be its major audience, but the oldsters may profitably dig. And, of course, everybody will be able to enjoy the rollicking, madcap fun.

There's no use in trying to chart it. It comes in fast-flowing spurts of sight gags and throw-away dialogue that is flipped about recklessly. Alun Owen, who wrote the screenplay, may have dug it all out of his brain, but Richard Lester has directed at such a brisk clip that it seems to come spontaneously.

And just one musical sequence, for instance, when the boys tumble wildly out of doors and race eccentrically about a patterned playground to the tune of their song "Can't Buy Me Love," hits a surrealistic tempo that approaches audio-visual poetry.

Sure, the frequent and brazen "yah-yah-yahing" of the fellows when they break into song may be grating. To ears not tuned to it, it has moronic monotony. But it is always relieved by pictorial compositions that suggest travesties—or, at least intelligent awareness of the absurdity of the Beatle craze.

Unless you know the fellows, it is hard to identify them, except for Ringo Starr, the big-nosed one, who does a saucy comic sequence on his own. But they're all good—surprisingly natural in the cinema-reality style that Mr. Lester expertly maintains. And Wilfrid Brambell as the old man is dandy, a delightfully comic Irishman. Many others are also funny.

It is good to know there are people in this world, up to and including the major parties, who don't take the Beatles seriously.

The Cast
    A HARD DAY'S NIGHT, screenplay by Alun Owen; directed by Richard Lester and produced by Walter Shenson for United Artists. At the Astor, Broadway at 45th Street; the Trans-Lux East, Third Avenue at 58th Street, and other theaters in the metropolitan area. Running time: 87 minutes.
    John . . . . . John Lennon
    Paul . . . . . Paul McCartney
    George . . . . . George Harrison
    Ringo . . . . . Ringo Starr
    Grandfather . . . . . Wilfrid Brambell
    Norm . . . . . Norman Rossington
    T V Director . . . . . Victor Spinetti
    Shake . . . . . John Junkin
    Millie . . . . . Anna Quayle
    Simon . . . . . Kenneth Haigh
    Man on Train . . . . . Richard Vernon
    Hotel Waiter . . . . . Eddie Malin

Tom, do you ever like get a nosebleed from high atop that fucking self-righteous pedestal you've built yourself?

WHY DIDN"T THEY BRING OUT EVERY ASSHOLE WHO HAS EVER COVERED A BEATLES SONG EVER?
    Oh jeez. Someone call the Whaaaaaambulance. Baby dropped his bottle again.

For anyone who missed the show on Sunday there is a replay tonight at 8:30p on CBS.