Thread: Let's talk shuttles!

Default Let's talk shuttles!

Who took the shuttles last year? Any complaints or tips? Where do they load/unload in relation to the entrances? I'll be utilizing one of the palm spring lines to a house rental this year.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut Up Forever Almost All of You.

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

Default Re: Let's talk shuttles!

There was a shuttle drop off/pick up close to camp 5, you came around and they dropped you off into the connector area between 5 and 8. People who took it looked like they had a blast. Not too much walking, they walked less than what people in the back part of lot 8 and definitely walked less than people in lot 10.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

We took the La Quinta line from our hotel last year and it was excellent! The shuttle drop off/pick up was maybe a 5 minute walk to the entrance.

I think gps took palm springs shuttle last year hit him up for his experience
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

I'm hoping the Palm Springs shuttle will be a rolling gay dance party.dance-bus-parade.jpg

Took line 2 last year. Ridership was very, very light. Didn't wait more than 30 secs for a bus at any point during the weekend. Wonderful experience. First night, the bus driver dropped us off at our house for 15 extra bucks.

I bought the Festival Shuttle Pass thinking I'd be able to take any shuttle. I just got an email saying if you're not a guest with a confirmation # you have can only take 1 of 3 park and ride shuttles. LAME! I already booked a rental close to a hotel for a reason!

Is this how it was in was years passed. I feel misleaded....

Did anyone else get this email. Thoughts?

For your reference: 2012 camp/shuttle maps

Quote Originally Posted by 1st-timer View Post
    I bought the Festival Shuttle Pass thinking I'd be able to take any shuttle. I just got an email saying if you're not a guest with a confirmation # you have can only take 1 of 3 park and ride shuttles. LAME! I already booked a rental close to a hotel for a reason!

Is this how it was in was years passed. I feel misleaded....

Did anyone else get this email. Thoughts?
    I totally thought the same thing - but I called Valley Music Travel yesterday and asked. I too made a reservation at a nearby hotel to one of the shuttle lines and assumed I could change to that shuttle line. When I called they told me to just leave the hotel reservation blank. When I called back to ask about confirmation emails, they said they wouldn't be sent out until the second week in February, but if I saw the 'Thank you' page after completing the survey, I should be good.

Hope this helps!

Originally from MA, now dancing hard in the DC area

My friends and I are taking the Palm Springs shuttle again. It was about a 30 minute ride last year. We are always down for a dance party!

See you on there Sassy

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut Up Forever Almost All of You.

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

Ow! I'll bring some glowsticks!!!!

I was on the La Quinta line last year and it was great. Convenient and comfy.

How was it to get on the shuttle at the end of the night? Till how late would they wait for you? Just worried about being rushed at end of night.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbjork View Post
    How was it to get on the shuttle at the end of the night? Till how late would they wait for you? Just worried about being rushed at end of night.
    At the end of the night you have about a 5-10 min walk to the shuttle area and another 5 min walk around the giant staging circle. From there you were either directly on a Shuttle or waiting in a single file line of steady moving people to get on the one that was boarding. When one pulled out, the next one would load immediately. They went until 2 AM fri and Sat and 1 AM on Sunday. No rush needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Me and the gf were only able to book a room far out in Desert Hot Springs... just a few questions because we're a bit paranoid about parking at the shuttle destinations. Anyone here take the Desert Fashion Plaza line last year? Is there a lot of parking available at that place? I can't really find any info about anything parking related other than the Tennis Garden supposedly having ample parking. Currently we are set for the Tennis Garden line but that's pretty far away and I'd prefer to cut down the driving time and just chill in a shuttle when I'm exhausted at night. Is the Fashion Plaza a safe enough bet if I'm gonna park my car and take off? Any suggestions? Thanks guys!

There's plenty of parking in the streets behind that fashion plaza.
    "Give me women, wine and snuff
    Until I cry out 'hold, enough!"
    John Keats

I am also booked on the Palm Springs line but on the VMT website it says "This shuttle will run on a continuously from 11am-6pm to the festival and starts loading at 11pm at the festival and leaves once each bus is full."

Did anyone have a problem getting back on this line at the end of the night? Are the shuttles available until the very end of the night like the other shuttle lines?

Nope no problems at all on the PS line last year.

Took Palm Springs Shuttle last year. Pretty excellent. There was only a mildly long wait the first day, and we had a hard time finding it. But after that it was really nice, in and out quickly, no traffic lines. Didn't have a problem leaving, but I can imagine that some people got left behind (major stragglers).

Anyone need Palm Springs Shuttle tickets? I got 2. Turns out I'm gonna camp this year, but bought em with my passes when they went on sale last year just in case. Selling them at face value. PM me if interested.

Lurker

Is anyone getting picked up at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden? Has anyone in the past? Any tips? Wasn't sure how early to get there to make sure I get parking. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Elking10 View Post
    Is anyone getting picked up at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden? Has anyone in the past? Any tips? Wasn't sure how early to get there to make sure I get parking. Thanks!
    Don't worry about parking, there will be a shitton.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by mmsk123 View Post
    Don't worry about parking, there will be a shitton.
    sweeeeeeeeeet, thanks!

We bought passes for the Indian Wells line, but it turns out we're going to need to ride the Indian Wells Tennis Garden line. Will our passes still work?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycrackcorn View Post
    I think gps took palm springs shuttle last year hit him up for his experience

can anyone tell us how often, realistically, do the shuttles pick people up to go back to the hotel from the festival, even if it's to the end of the night? what if you don't want to see the last set, are shuttles still as frequent as they claim?
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    Passion Pit drew the biggest congregation of white people that couldn't dance that I've ever seen.

i can not vouch for leaving at night but to the festival in the mornings the tennis garden line had no issues sending a bus with 2-3 people on it to get you there quick/less wait

I'm selling weekend 1 shuttle for 45 bucks. Indian wells red line. Email me if interested shellymadan@live.com

Just to update you, beloved Bobchella, I spent 20 bucks at dollar tree stocking up on glowsticks. I am beyond ready for the PS shuttle dance party!