Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I find it hard to believe

Default I find it hard to believe

that every single band that is confirmed are going to be able to make both weekends. I heard a rumor that every is going to make it besides one band. Is there any truth to this?
    Does anybody feel this way?

Default Re: I find it hard to believe

why is it so hard to believe? if you could pick up a paycheck in the same spot 2 weekends in a row wouldn't you show up?
    Last edited by tmac; 01-15-2012 at 02:14 PM.

The lineup is always subject to change anyway so who cares.

if someone gives you a contract that says "Play two weekends, chill in palm springs in between both, there is a fat check after. Now sign"

You probably will

honestly it is slightly hard to believe for the sole reason that we're talking 100+ bands being in the same place for 2 weekends in a row is a tough thing to do. No reason to be a turd about it.

Plus i heard a rumor that one band wasn't and i wanted to make sure it wasn't a band i was highly anticipating to see. Specially possibly a lower tier act or something of the sort.

it's not that hard to believe.

in aus most of our big festival's tour nationally over a 2/3 week period. so having to play 2 gigs in the same city over a 10 day period wouldn't be a stretch at all.
    Dec: DJ Jazzy Jeff & Skillz, The Roots, Jack Johnson
    Jan: Field Day, Wolf + Lamb, Soul Clap, Medlar, Jacques Renault, Avicii
    Feb: St Jerome's Laneway Festival
    Apr: Coachella Arts & Music Festival
    Jul: Peanut Butter Wolf, Mako
    Sep: Kanye West, Listen Out Festival

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    if someone gives you a contract that says "Play two weekends, chill in palm springs in between both, there is a fat check after. Now sign"

You probably will
    Sho nuff. I don't know what rumor is going around, but I doubt a band will miss out on an easy paycheck
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

Almost all of these bands have managers that work for Goldenvoice. Most of these artists are managed by Goldenvoice, the people who put on the fest. They'll be there or they're fucked.

Most people on this board didn't think there was any way they could use one poster for both weekends after it was announced but why wouldn't a band want to play coachella twice in 10 days? Big check, small set and world-wide recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingsideways View Post
    honestly it is slightly hard to believe for the sole reason that we're talking 100+ bands being in the same place for 2 weekends in a row is a tough thing to do. No reason to be a turd about it.
    why is it hard for a band, that is on the road anyway, to play coachella, head to arizona/nevada/northern california over the next several days to play shows and then head back down to the desert? or relax for several days in a nice resort area while waiting to play the following weekend?

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _John View Post
    Almost all of these bands have managers that work for Goldenvoice. Most of these artists are managed by Goldenvoice, the people who put on the fest. They'll be there or they're fucked.
    Retard
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Since Coachella sells out in 3 hours why doesn't goldenvoice just lift the local ban they have on bands playing Coachella. AEG owns multiple local venues like the staples center you would think it would make it easier to attract big bands or book them at a discount.

romanticizer

Most people who have signed a contract will comply with their obligations within the contract.

I think it's time for an O RLY owl revival.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

I didn't mean it literally.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Banned

to kill time most bands are playing shows in LA and san diego.
    their not just sitting in their designer busses on the polo fields playing call of duty

Oh cool what the are some of the bands with dates in LA then eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Retard
    Look it up. Look at who the managers for these artsits work for. You'll find they are on the Goldenvoice payroll...working for Goldenvoice.

If you don't think AEG has a monopoly over almost every artist in the line-up, you're horribly mistaken. http://www.aeglive.com/artists

This does not include artists the smaller promoters and agencies AEG owns.

You do understand AEG runs this festival?

This is one of the reasons Coachella was able to pull this off so well...they have direct access to and work with the people who work out the logistics of their artists touring schedules...because they work for AEG.

AEG also owns so many smaller agencies who manage artists. They have control over artists and venues in almost every town. There are exceptions, but the majority of the artists you're going to see at Coachella are controlled and managed by AEG in some way, shape or form.

That's reality. Don't think you are going to a non-corporate event. Don't think your favorite artists aren't corporately involved. That's the way the world works. That's why we can do amazing shit like this. It takes a$$loads of money. Coachella isn't a non-profit event. The reason the town lets it happen...the reason AEG runs it...is all driven by money.

I wish I was wrong too, but I'm not. Just because you don't want it to work that way doesn't mean I've got my facts mixed up.

Get over it.

1 - You just switched from Goldenvoice to AEG Live. There's a big difference.

2 - You're also trying to change the discussion to something about corporations and profits.

3 - The list of artists you linked to is just a list of artists performing on specific dates at venues that are owned or booked by AEG Live. It's not a list of artists managed or controlled or monopolized by AEG Live.

AEG/Goldenvoice are the same thing. SAME THING.

My first post here was how artists will sure as hell go to an event their boss runs and told them to go to. I did not change the subject. Control over these artists certainly explains why they were booked two weekends and why they will show up for both of them.

These artists ARE run by AEG. Part or all of their management team is part of AEG or one or more of its subsidiaries.

I'm getting tired of these thread names. Oh and of people who want to ask dumb fucking questions. Ugh...had to say it

Yeah this thread sucks.

No use fighting.

Who cares.

Enjoy the fucking festival.

we will. goldenvoice and aeg aren't them same thing at all.

Pretty sure they work within the same offices though, last year when I had problems with my wristband package, I called their offices constantly and a woman would say "AEG"
    I'd ask for Goldenvoice, she would reply "They are not in yet today"

Either way, Coachella usually seems to have bands not play shows in the area to ensure a sell out. Otherwise we'd see Radiohead at the Hollywood Bowl and weekend 2 wouldn't have sold out as fast.

Just like the Mexicans ruined last year with Caifanes, Radiohead fans ruined Coachella this year. Thanks for having it sell out. You probably only started listening to them AFTER "OK Computer"

Wait for it....

FUCK YOU!!

seriously guys, its a fucken question. Ease up and pull the stick out of your asses.

i've been to 4 festivals in 5 years and this is the first time i've ever been to a festival where they are having the same festival two weekends in a row with the number of bands in the triple figures. I think its a complete legit question to ask, specially since i heard a rumor about a band not being able to make it. I just was wondering if someone else heard something similar. Im going to enjoy the festival all the same... but was really surprised when i heard it was the same exact festival two weekends in a row, even though thats how the festival was advertised.

Coachella may be the biggest festival in the united states right now, but you people remind me of how much of a dickhead people in california and in other parts of the country can be. Everyone that has been a dickhead in this thread needs to take a trip to the south and learn some fucken respect and manors.

Assholes.

Ease up and pull the stick out of your asses.
    Really?

but you people