Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: British People

Default Re: British People

If there's one thing I love more than a dutch accent, it's a dutch dj.....

Cats are people too...

belfast to coachella
    not long now
    woop woop

yeeeeaaaaah, Shropshire via Florida to Indio, cannot wait! Any other shire people going? I strangely really miss UK accents these days... get my fix with MOTD & Radio1 online!

Another shrimp on the barbieeeeee...

Lurker

its called a prawn

^ different animals

Ok, so I know this isn't exactly the right thread but.....me and the girlfriend (both Londoners but living in Oz) are looking for car camping spot to share. Thought I'd see whether there are and fellow Brits that fancy helping us out and giving us a place to crash. Happy to give lifts from LA on the Thursday (wk 2) and provide beers, pay for petrol (its not gas) and share supplies. Easy goin, not looking to cramp anyone's style, just a place to park, drink, crash and call home for four glorious days.

Cheers,

James.

What beer do they sell at Coachella? American shite?

Quote Originally Posted by xmtthwx View Post
    What beer do they sell at Coachella? American shite?
    They sell Heineken. Also, there is loads of great American beer, but the only stuff that makes it across the pond is the budwieser/miller/coors schwill. California has some great breweries you can visit while you're there.

Sierra Nevada, Brooklyn, Goose Island and Anchor sell quite well over here too Welting lad.

I went last year with 2 mates, looking forward to meeting some chill Cali people, and we were surrounded by Aussies and Canadians! The few Americans we did meet loved our accents though, I met some girl from LA who obsessed with it, i was down though since she was mega hot.

The one thing i would say is dont expect it to be like an English festival after the music, its not like over here where we have campsites raves/silent discos/party tents etc, apart from Thursday night everyone seemed to chill after the bands. But it didnt spoil it, still my favourite festival i've been to yet, and its killing me i cant afford to go again this year

And i expect there to be more Brits this year, Coachella seems to be getting alot more exposure this year compared to last.
    @dannycradden

Friday.
    Austra > Jagwar Ma > A$AP Ferg > Flume > The Glitch Mob > Bonobo > Haim > Broken Bells > Outkast

Saturday.
    Temples > Blood Orange > Warpaint > Banks > Washed Out > Solange > CHVRCHES > Lorde

Sunday.
    Jhene Aiko > AlunaGeorge > The 1975 > Classixx > Chance the Rapper > James V. McMorrow > Lana Del Rey > Disclosure

*please*

Oh and if anyones travelling after the fest, the more east you go the more obsessed people become about you being British! Georgia/Texas/Tennessee/Louisiana all stick out as the main ones.
    @dannycradden

Friday.
    Austra > Jagwar Ma > A$AP Ferg > Flume > The Glitch Mob > Bonobo > Haim > Broken Bells > Outkast

Saturday.
    Temples > Blood Orange > Warpaint > Banks > Washed Out > Solange > CHVRCHES > Lorde

Sunday.
    Jhene Aiko > AlunaGeorge > The 1975 > Classixx > Chance the Rapper > James V. McMorrow > Lana Del Rey > Disclosure

*please*

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I went last year with 2 mates, looking forward to meeting some chill Cali people, and we were surrounded by Aussies and Canadians! The few Americans we did meet loved our accents though, I met some girl from LA who obsessed with it, i was down though since she was mega hot.

The one thing i would say is dont expect it to be like an English festival after the music, its not like over here where we have campsites raves/silent discos/party tents etc, apart from Thursday night everyone seemed to chill after the bands. But it didnt spoil it, still my favourite festival i've been to yet, and its killing me i cant afford to go again this year

And i expect there to be more Brits this year, Coachella seems to be getting alot more exposure this year compared to last.
    You must have been in the wrong camp-site, because the party is non-stop from Thurs-Monday. Especially in the Campgrounds AFTER the festival stops -- that's when the party picks up momentum into the early hours of the morning.

I was in the car camp pretty much right outside the main entrance to the festival.

Thursday was decent, the roller disco went on for quite awhile and when we got back everyone was up to god knows how long (cant really remember the end of the night)

But yeah, all the others nights were pretty timid to be honest. One night I think it was the Saturday we went on a massive walk trying to find something decent, but there was nothing.

The Aussies we were with who had been the year before said it was shit compared to 2010? And that there was some tent/room or something in the camp ground which had DJs in but they got rid of it for '11.
    @dannycradden

Friday.

Saturday.

Sunday.

*please*

Quote Originally Posted by belfast2coachella View Post
    belfast to coachella
    not long now
    woop woop
    We are going over from Belfast too - our 2nd year - have a good one !

I asked a Brit (I think he was British, he sounded pretty British) for the time back in 2009 and he responded in a think English accent "It's four past the docks!" and left me bamboozled.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

I dont even know what that means.

One think i was confused about was when americans asked us for the time, they didnt understand 'quarter past' and 'quarter too'??
    @dannycradden

Friday.

Saturday.

Sunday.

*please*

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I was in the car camp pretty much right outside the main entrance to the festival.

Thursday was decent, the roller disco went on for quite awhile and when we got back everyone was up to god knows how long (cant really remember the end of the night)

But yeah, all the others nights were pretty timid to be honest. One night I think it was the Saturday we went on a massive walk trying to find something decent, but there was nothing.

The Aussies we were with who had been the year before said it was shit compared to 2010? And that there was some tent/room or something in the camp ground which had DJs in but they got rid of it for '11.
    2010 was nuts, but last year was just as fun. My campsite was in the very far corner right by the swings, and after hours party with DJ's -- no one near us stopped the party until around 5 or 6 am. I can't wait to get back there!

We walked over there! was some guy in a van DJing, but to about 10 people just stood around, so we moved on!

I do think it could be even better if they put a silent disco tent in the camping grounds, would be unreal.
    @dannycradden

Friday.

Saturday.

Sunday.

*please*

Lurker

Brits don't know what a 40oz is..
    Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    yeah the whole thing struck me as kind of a scumbag operation, honestly

Because we use milliliters to measure liquid, other than when buying pints of course. But for us, a pint is 100 ml bigger than you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Riflesmile View Post
    We are going over from Belfast too - our 2nd year - have a good one !
    happy days ;-)
    what are your plans ?. we have been planning our trip since before last years Coachella! we are away over to LA for 3 nights on Sat 31st March before a week in French Polynesia then back to LAX then over to Indian Wells for 4 nights for the festival then fly back Monday 16th

looking forward to a couple of weeks off the council estate

http://youtu.be/s8GvLKTsTuI

Quote Originally Posted by belfast2coachella View Post
    happy days ;-)
    what are your plans ?. we have been planning our trip since before last years Coachella! we are away over to LA for 3 nights on Sat 31st March before a week in French Polynesia then back to LAX then over to Indian Wells for 4 nights for the festival then fly back Monday 16th
    French Polynesia - nice! We are doing a flying visit in comparison - into LA on the 10th for 2 nights then onto Indian Wells for 4 nights and then back on the 16th as well. You will have a blast - simply the greatest festival in the world. End of. Any Q's just send me a PM

Last edited by SepaGroove; 03-16-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by clleadz View Post
    Because we use milliliters to measure liquid, other than when buying pints of course. But for us, a pint is 100 ml bigger than you guys
    yess the metric system is hands down superior to the US way. Im a chef so i only use the metric system. Anyways, iv meet a handful of brits and they've all told me that in the US they sell alcohol in much bigger bottles than in the good old UK.....

40oz.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    yeah the whole thing struck me as kind of a scumbag operation, honestly

Quote Originally Posted by birdusmaximus View Post
    yess the metric system is hands down superior to the US way. Im a chef so i only use the metric system. Anyways, iv meet a handful of brits and they've all told me that in the US they sell alcohol in much bigger bottles than in the good old UK.....

40oz.jpg
    It's true you can't get 40oz bottle in the UK, but in the US it's pretty much either malt liquor or coors/bud that you can get as a 40. Although I do love playing Edward 40hands or whatever it's called

But while we're on this subject, the canned beer we get is 440ml standard

I like hearing British people say bottom

From what i remember its anything with a double t in, since you guys basically say it as a 'D' 'harry pod-er' 'bod-le'
    @dannycradden

Friday.

Saturday.

Sunday.

*please*