Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 210

Thread: British People

  1. #151

    Default Re: British People

    If there's one thing I love more than a dutch accent, it's a dutch dj.....

  2. #152
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,734

    Default Re: British People

    Cats are people too...


  3. #153

    Default Re: British People

    belfast to coachella
    not long now
    woop woop

  4. #154

    Default Re: British People

    yeeeeaaaaah, Shropshire via Florida to Indio, cannot wait! Any other shire people going? I strangely really miss UK accents these days... get my fix with MOTD & Radio1 online!

  5. #155
    Member profchaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Santa Monica
    Posts
    210

    Default Re: British People

    Another shrimp on the barbieeeeee...

  6. #156
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: British People

    its called a prawn

  7. #157
    Member clleadz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Francisco / London
    Posts
    446

    Default Re: British People

    ^ different animals

  8. #158

    Default Re: British People

    Ok, so I know this isn't exactly the right thread but.....me and the girlfriend (both Londoners but living in Oz) are looking for car camping spot to share. Thought I'd see whether there are and fellow Brits that fancy helping us out and giving us a place to crash. Happy to give lifts from LA on the Thursday (wk 2) and provide beers, pay for petrol (its not gas) and share supplies. Easy goin, not looking to cramp anyone's style, just a place to park, drink, crash and call home for four glorious days.

    Cheers,

    James.

  9. #159
    Lurker xmtthwx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leeds, England
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: British People

    What beer do they sell at Coachella? American shite?

  10. #160
    Member Iamwelting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Portland, Maine
    Posts
    676

    Default Re: British People

    Quote Originally Posted by xmtthwx View Post
    What beer do they sell at Coachella? American shite?
    They sell Heineken. Also, there is loads of great American beer, but the only stuff that makes it across the pond is the budwieser/miller/coors schwill. California has some great breweries you can visit while you're there.

  11. #161
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    56

    Default Re: British People

    Sierra Nevada, Brooklyn, Goose Island and Anchor sell quite well over here too Welting lad.

  12. #162
    Member Danny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    185

    Default Re: British People

    I went last year with 2 mates, looking forward to meeting some chill Cali people, and we were surrounded by Aussies and Canadians! The few Americans we did meet loved our accents though, I met some girl from LA who obsessed with it, i was down though since she was mega hot.

    The one thing i would say is dont expect it to be like an English festival after the music, its not like over here where we have campsites raves/silent discos/party tents etc, apart from Thursday night everyone seemed to chill after the bands. But it didnt spoil it, still my favourite festival i've been to yet, and its killing me i cant afford to go again this year

    And i expect there to be more Brits this year, Coachella seems to be getting alot more exposure this year compared to last.
    @dannycradden

    Friday.
    Austra > Jagwar Ma > A$AP Ferg > Flume > The Glitch Mob > Bonobo > Haim > Broken Bells > Outkast


    Saturday.
    Temples > Blood Orange > Warpaint > Banks > Washed Out > Solange > CHVRCHES > Lorde


    Sunday.
    Jhene Aiko > AlunaGeorge > The 1975 > Classixx > Chance the Rapper > James V. McMorrow > Lana Del Rey > Disclosure

    *please*

  13. #163
    Member Danny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    185

    Default Re: British People

    Oh and if anyones travelling after the fest, the more east you go the more obsessed people become about you being British! Georgia/Texas/Tennessee/Louisiana all stick out as the main ones.
    @dannycradden

    Friday.
    Austra > Jagwar Ma > A$AP Ferg > Flume > The Glitch Mob > Bonobo > Haim > Broken Bells > Outkast


    Saturday.
    Temples > Blood Orange > Warpaint > Banks > Washed Out > Solange > CHVRCHES > Lorde


    Sunday.
    Jhene Aiko > AlunaGeorge > The 1975 > Classixx > Chance the Rapper > James V. McMorrow > Lana Del Rey > Disclosure

    *please*

  14. #164

    Default Re: British People

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I went last year with 2 mates, looking forward to meeting some chill Cali people, and we were surrounded by Aussies and Canadians! The few Americans we did meet loved our accents though, I met some girl from LA who obsessed with it, i was down though since she was mega hot.

    The one thing i would say is dont expect it to be like an English festival after the music, its not like over here where we have campsites raves/silent discos/party tents etc, apart from Thursday night everyone seemed to chill after the bands. But it didnt spoil it, still my favourite festival i've been to yet, and its killing me i cant afford to go again this year

    And i expect there to be more Brits this year, Coachella seems to be getting alot more exposure this year compared to last.
    You must have been in the wrong camp-site, because the party is non-stop from Thurs-Monday. Especially in the Campgrounds AFTER the festival stops -- that's when the party picks up momentum into the early hours of the morning.

  15. #165
    Member Danny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    185

    Default Re: British People

    I was in the car camp pretty much right outside the main entrance to the festival.

    Thursday was decent, the roller disco went on for quite awhile and when we got back everyone was up to god knows how long (cant really remember the end of the night)

    But yeah, all the others nights were pretty timid to be honest. One night I think it was the Saturday we went on a massive walk trying to find something decent, but there was nothing.

    The Aussies we were with who had been the year before said it was shit compared to 2010? And that there was some tent/room or something in the camp ground which had DJs in but they got rid of it for '11.
    @dannycradden

    Friday.
    Austra > Jagwar Ma > A$AP Ferg > Flume > The Glitch Mob > Bonobo > Haim > Broken Bells > Outkast


    Saturday.
    Temples > Blood Orange > Warpaint > Banks > Washed Out > Solange > CHVRCHES > Lorde


    Sunday.
    Jhene Aiko > AlunaGeorge > The 1975 > Classixx > Chance the Rapper > James V. McMorrow > Lana Del Rey > Disclosure

    *please*

  16. #166
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    N.Ireland
    Posts
    133

    Default Re: British People

    Quote Originally Posted by belfast2coachella View Post
    belfast to coachella
    not long now
    woop woop
    We are going over from Belfast too - our 2nd year - have a good one !

  17. #167
    Member phonographer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    An hour from Coachella
    Posts
    675

    Default Re: British People

    I asked a Brit (I think he was British, he sounded pretty British) for the time back in 2009 and he responded in a think English accent "It's four past the docks!" and left me bamboozled.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

  18. #168
    Member Danny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    185

    Default Re: British People

    I dont even know what that means.

    One think i was confused about was when americans asked us for the time, they didnt understand 'quarter past' and 'quarter too'??
    @dannycradden

    Friday.
    Austra > Jagwar Ma > A$AP Ferg > Flume > The Glitch Mob > Bonobo > Haim > Broken Bells > Outkast


    Saturday.
    Temples > Blood Orange > Warpaint > Banks > Washed Out > Solange > CHVRCHES > Lorde


    Sunday.
    Jhene Aiko > AlunaGeorge > The 1975 > Classixx > Chance the Rapper > James V. McMorrow > Lana Del Rey > Disclosure

    *please*

  19. #169

    Default Re: British People

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I was in the car camp pretty much right outside the main entrance to the festival.

    Thursday was decent, the roller disco went on for quite awhile and when we got back everyone was up to god knows how long (cant really remember the end of the night)

    But yeah, all the others nights were pretty timid to be honest. One night I think it was the Saturday we went on a massive walk trying to find something decent, but there was nothing.

    The Aussies we were with who had been the year before said it was shit compared to 2010? And that there was some tent/room or something in the camp ground which had DJs in but they got rid of it for '11.
    2010 was nuts, but last year was just as fun. My campsite was in the very far corner right by the swings, and after hours party with DJ's -- no one near us stopped the party until around 5 or 6 am. I can't wait to get back there!

  20. #170
    Member Danny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    185

    Default Re: British People

    We walked over there! was some guy in a van DJing, but to about 10 people just stood around, so we moved on!

    I do think it could be even better if they put a silent disco tent in the camping grounds, would be unreal.
    @dannycradden

    Friday.
    Austra > Jagwar Ma > A$AP Ferg > Flume > The Glitch Mob > Bonobo > Haim > Broken Bells > Outkast


    Saturday.
    Temples > Blood Orange > Warpaint > Banks > Washed Out > Solange > CHVRCHES > Lorde


    Sunday.
    Jhene Aiko > AlunaGeorge > The 1975 > Classixx > Chance the Rapper > James V. McMorrow > Lana Del Rey > Disclosure

    *please*

  21. #171
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Riverside
    Posts
    39

    Default Re: British People

    Brits don't know what a 40oz is..
    Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    yeah the whole thing struck me as kind of a scumbag operation, honestly

  22. #172
    Member clleadz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Francisco / London
    Posts
    446

    Default Re: British People

    Because we use milliliters to measure liquid, other than when buying pints of course. But for us, a pint is 100 ml bigger than you guys

  23. #173

    Default Re: British People

    Quote Originally Posted by Riflesmile View Post
    We are going over from Belfast too - our 2nd year - have a good one !
    happy days ;-)
    what are your plans ?. we have been planning our trip since before last years Coachella! we are away over to LA for 3 nights on Sat 31st March before a week in French Polynesia then back to LAX then over to Indian Wells for 4 nights for the festival then fly back Monday 16th

  24. #174

    Default Re: British People

    looking forward to a couple of weeks off the council estate

    http://youtu.be/s8GvLKTsTuI

  25. #175
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    N.Ireland
    Posts
    133

    Default Re: British People

    Quote Originally Posted by belfast2coachella View Post
    happy days ;-)
    what are your plans ?. we have been planning our trip since before last years Coachella! we are away over to LA for 3 nights on Sat 31st March before a week in French Polynesia then back to LAX then over to Indian Wells for 4 nights for the festival then fly back Monday 16th
    French Polynesia - nice! We are doing a flying visit in comparison - into LA on the 10th for 2 nights then onto Indian Wells for 4 nights and then back on the 16th as well. You will have a blast - simply the greatest festival in the world. End of. Any Q's just send me a PM

  26. #176
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,217
    Last edited by SepaGroove; 03-16-2012 at 01:11 PM.

  27. #177
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Riverside
    Posts
    39

    Default Re: British People

    Quote Originally Posted by clleadz View Post
    Because we use milliliters to measure liquid, other than when buying pints of course. But for us, a pint is 100 ml bigger than you guys
    yess the metric system is hands down superior to the US way. Im a chef so i only use the metric system. Anyways, iv meet a handful of brits and they've all told me that in the US they sell alcohol in much bigger bottles than in the good old UK.....


    40oz.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    yeah the whole thing struck me as kind of a scumbag operation, honestly

  28. #178
    Member clleadz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Francisco / London
    Posts
    446

    Default Re: British People

    Quote Originally Posted by birdusmaximus View Post
    yess the metric system is hands down superior to the US way. Im a chef so i only use the metric system. Anyways, iv meet a handful of brits and they've all told me that in the US they sell alcohol in much bigger bottles than in the good old UK.....


    40oz.jpg
    It's true you can't get 40oz bottle in the UK, but in the US it's pretty much either malt liquor or coors/bud that you can get as a 40. Although I do love playing Edward 40hands or whatever it's called

    But while we're on this subject, the canned beer we get is 440ml standard

  29. #179
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,217

    Default Re: British People

    I like hearing British people say bottom

  30. #180
    Member Danny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    185

    Default Re: British People

    From what i remember its anything with a double t in, since you guys basically say it as a 'D' 'harry pod-er' 'bod-le'
    @dannycradden

    Friday.
    Austra > Jagwar Ma > A$AP Ferg > Flume > The Glitch Mob > Bonobo > Haim > Broken Bells > Outkast


    Saturday.
    Temples > Blood Orange > Warpaint > Banks > Washed Out > Solange > CHVRCHES > Lorde


    Sunday.
    Jhene Aiko > AlunaGeorge > The 1975 > Classixx > Chance the Rapper > James V. McMorrow > Lana Del Rey > Disclosure

    *please*

Similar Threads

  1. The British are coming...
    By idlestar in forum Carpools
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-02-2013, 06:02 AM
  2. The British are coming...
    By idlestar in forum Camping/Lodging
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-10-2011, 08:35 AM
  3. British, first coachella
    By razzthekiddd in forum Camping/Lodging
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-15-2010, 12:51 PM
  4. Best British Albums Ever: Oasis #1 & #2 ?!?!
    By Cpt. Funkaho in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 09:52 AM
  5. Before the British people wake up...
    By breakjaw in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 02:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •