Thread: A Thread for New Reissues, Compilations & Anthologies

Default A Thread for New Reissues, Compilations & Anthologies

Kind of like the Tell Us About except it's older material being re-packaged or anthologized or seeing the light of day for the first time after a long period of obscurity. Let us know what's out there, what's coming up, what's catching your ear, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Default Re: A Thread for New Reissues, Compilations & Anthologies

I've spent the morning downloading Detroit techno comps and anthologies, if that counts for anything. Too much good music.

The overpriced 20th anniversary of In Utero in September, which will include nothing that hasn't already been released 2-3 times already. I'll still buy it though.

Quote Originally Posted by bballarl View Post
    I've spent the morning downloading Detroit techno comps and anthologies, if that counts for anything. Too much good music.
    Oooh. Which ones? There's a really good non-official one I found on Soulseek years ago called Welcome To The Detroit Sound that's amazing, has almost every major classic. Its like 75 tracks. There's pretty much no info on the web about it.

Oh shit, that sounds awesome. You should upload that shit. Do people still use Soulseek?

I've been downloading both volumes of Deepest Shade of Techno, Model 500's Classics, Kevin Saunderson's Faces & Phases, etc. I'm trying to find a work link for Joey Beltram's Classics (I know he isn't technically Detroit but whatever), and that is proving impossible. Been downloading some Underground Resistance and Jeff Mills stuff as well, though neither were comps. Also getting some CJ Bolland and Speedy-J, which also isn't Detroit but still rules.

Also, check out this Derrick May mix...it fucking rules. I was listening to Innovator earlier and screwing around on the Transmat website and came across it.

https://soundcloud.com/transmat/01-d...i-tek-soul-mix
    Last edited by bballarl; 05-19-2013 at 11:10 AM.

I'll try to get around to it. The bitrates on the files are all over the place, I've been meaning to replace them all with 320s but never got around to it. I have Beltram's Classics too. Which UR stuff did you get? Interstellar Fugitives is absolutely essential. That whole catalog is pretty stunning, I'd say about 2/3rds of the best Detroit techno artists were connected with UR at one point or another. Do you have any Anthony "Shake" Shakir or James Pennington (aka Suburban Knight/Dark Energy)? Frictionalism (Shakir) and Collided Energy (Dark Energy) are both fantastic comps.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    I'll try to get around to it. The bitrates on the files are all over the place, I've been meaning to replace them all with 320s but never got around to it. I have Beltram's Classics too. Which UR stuff did you get? Interstellar Fugitives is absolutely essential. That whole catalog is pretty stunning, I'd say about 2/3rds of the best Detroit techno artists were connected with UR at one point or another. Do you have any Anthony "Shake" Shakir or James Pennington (aka Suburban Knight/Dark Energy)? Frictionalism (Shakir) and Collided Energy (Dark Energy) are both fantastic comps.

It would be awesome if you could upload Classics...all the links I've tried are dead. The UR I snagged was actually Interstellar Fugitives, which I'm looking forward to listening to later. I don't have any Anthony Shakir or James Pennington, but I have heard of both and will track down those comps, thanks.