Thread: Oberhofer

Default Oberhofer

I have been loving their EP and singles for over a year. Should be a really good set.

Default Re: Oberhofer

I'm liking what I hear thus far. Interested to know if anyone has seen them. I'm hoping for a 12.30 pm Outdoor or Tent set with 30 others.

They were one of the openers when I saw Asobi Seksu in NYC back in 2010. Had never heard of them before but I enjoyed it.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

New album comes out today. Thoughts? Sounds much cleaner than his early stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Saw them at SX at the KCRW showcase. Really fun set. Energetic and somewhat goofy. The new songs were great live. Will definitely catch them again.

I like the new album. Definitely want to catch this guy on Sunday.

where's the drop?

Anyone else make it out to this set? This was one of the best early sets I saw all weekend. They had great energy and their songs are so damn catchy. I'm not a fan of how clean the songs sound on the new album, but it's growing on me.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Caught the end of their set. Great energy from the band. Not so much from the crowd. Not sure how it will go this weekend when it is 20 degrees hotter. Look forward to hearing more of their stuff in the future.
    Go Green.
    Coachella '05-'13
    Outside Lands '12-'13

Excellent set, tons of energy. Lots of potential! Look forward to keeping my eye on these guys for the next couple of years.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Also caught their set towards the middle / end. Wasn't up in the crowd but laying down in the back. Definitely enjoyed it and will be checking out some of their albums. Got a pretty decent pick of the lead singer climbing one of the poles.

IMG_0226.jpg

very enjoyable set from these guys, they're definitely a fun band to see! actually chatted with the singer for a bit in the food court area, very nice and humble guy.. i would definitely not miss the chance to see these guys again.
    '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 w1, '13 w2..

He made me dizzy watching him spin endless counter-clockwise circles.
    Even though I look it, I'm not a cop.

Coachella 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.2
    SXSW 14
    Lalapalooza 94

I thought the music was excellent but his theatrics a bit forced and contrived.

Totally awesome, loved the climbing and flower throwing.

I was right up front for weekend 2, whole set. Not because they're my fav band but mainly because there were so few people in the Venue early on Sunday. I was really impressed, I thought they sounded great and loved how they fit in a lot of songs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMagnanimous View Post
    I was right up front for weekend 2, whole set. Not because they're my fav band but mainly because there were so few people in the Venue early on Sunday. I was really impressed, I thought they sounded great and loved how they fit in a lot of songs.
    Did they cut out after a half-hour or play the full 40 minutes

Full 40 from what I remember. They basically took 5 seconds or less between each song. The lead singer is a little ADHD with all his spinning around and climbing but it's nice to see someone so eager to give the fans their moneys worth.