Thread: Madeon

Default Re: Madeon

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    BUTTONS, YA'LL!
    Your pushing mine...and I love it
    You wanna fook on me?!

just listened to this guys music.

don't care how talented a person is, if the music they play is dull, it's dull.

next
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurgasm View Post
    just listened to this guys music.

don't care how talented a person is, if the music they play is dull, it's dull.

next
    so you think that kid is talented then?

I have a feeling that this kid is going to outshine Justice. At least this kids' music has got some soul.

Quote Originally Posted by foaminjectedaxlrose View Post
    Completely in love with this video right now. This kid is going to be big.

Song of Coachella '12 possibly?

this is my first post and i just wanted to say...madeon=garbage

Quote Originally Posted by welgo800 View Post
    insightful

Thank you for contributing, please GTFO.
    2010 and 2012. -- Check out r/coachella
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick o View Post
    no, stop posting bull shit and trying to hate on every artist who achieves success and isnt considered underground. we get it youre a hipster, now fuck off

No, please stay. You're correct. Great first post, you'll like it here.

ya heard this guy on new years and totally killed my buzz, he played after hardwell and before porter robinson & fedde le grand. i really did give him a chance, i stood around waiting for him to drop something good, it never came. all i could think of was avicii wanna-be. my girlfriends friend works in the "scene" in SD and she says he had to play a shitty set so the other dj's could play all the good stuff, i dont buy that.

i looked at these kids who were really enjoying the show. they're like, "ya this kids amazing, and he's only 17".

meh...i was there, with my best friend lucy, the whole show was good except madeon's set

madeon....YOU BLEW IT!!!!!!!
    No Shirt
    No Shoes
    No Dice

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

But Fedde was the business?

El oh el
    You wanna fook on me?!

As French button-pushers go, this was the correct choice:

Quote Originally Posted by TrigoLoc View Post
    here's a video of his live performance, apparently this is his second ever live performance and this video is only from August 2011. this set at coachella could really be huge for him

in case people here dont know how ableton works, let me give you a quick rundown of what's happening in this video. the launchpad to his right (our left) always has one solid green button lit while another button right below remains blinking. that's called a clip launch which is done via a simple function in ableton that allows the user to automatically launch the next clip after a certain number of bars play of the previous clip. so basically madeon is clip launching his whole set, which is basically one step removed from prerecording his entire set and pressing play. here, all he has to do is remember to launch the next column of clips once the previous column of clips reach the bottom (presumably because he didn't set up the action to follow a snake pattern).

make of this information what you will. but let's not get too ahead of ourselves in thinking that he is re-inventing the wheel. my guess is he's triggering samples on the other launchpad.

Remembering to launch clips is hard. Props to the kid if he gets smashed before his set and performs, that ups the difficulty level a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

He has some 20 minute set streaming this friday night (UK time). Could be interesting to watch. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...24650574258090
    2010 and 2012. -- Check out r/coachella
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick o View Post
    no, stop posting bull shit and trying to hate on every artist who achieves success and isnt considered underground. we get it youre a hipster, now fuck off

no no no no no. not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kananilove View Post
    a better version of the twelves! and i was stoked on them last year!
    Sub par trolling. Try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

the worst wrestler out of the ministry of darkness hands down

Ok, I understand that some of you aren't into Madeon's sound, which is fine, but I really don't get why people are trying to downplay his set by boiling it down to just "pushing buttons." The kid is nearly half the age of some of the other Sahara performers and is doing a helluva lot more work than the majority that will be using CDJs. And ultimately, unless live instruments are involved, isn't most live electronic music a series of a button pushes/knob turns?

Madeon BBC Radio 1 Mix (Live in Hull)
    http://hulkshare.com/fiwrso7uxtwo

^ready
    2009, 2010, 2011, 2012w1, 2013w1, 2014w2

Last edited by over1/2decade; 02-23-2012 at 11:41 AM. Reason: messed up

Getting super duper stoked to see this kid do his thing!
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

Quote Originally Posted by weezy f baby View Post
    in case people here dont know how ableton works, let me give you a quick rundown of what's happening in this video. the launchpad to his right (our left) always has one solid green button lit while another button right below remains blinking. that's called a clip launch which is done via a simple function in ableton that allows the user to automatically launch the next clip after a certain number of bars play of the previous clip. so basically madeon is clip launching his whole set, which is basically one step removed from prerecording his entire set and pressing play. here, all he has to do is remember to launch the next column of clips once the previous column of clips reach the bottom (presumably because he didn't set up the action to follow a snake pattern).

make of this information what you will. but let's not get too ahead of ourselves in thinking that he is re-inventing the wheel. my guess is he's triggering samples on the other launchpad.

Ok, so I really have no opinion on the kid. The song is ok I guess, it'll get people moving. My question is are other DJ's that are working with Abelton or similar tools live doing something different than what this kid is doing or are they all pretty much pre-recorded sets as well?
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

ya heard this guy on new years and totally killed my buzz, he played after hardwell and before porter robinson & fedde le grand. i really did give him a chance, i stood around waiting for him to drop something good, it never came. all i could think of was avicii wanna-be. my girlfriends friend works in the "scene" in SD and she says he had to play a shitty set so the other dj's could play all the good stuff, i dont buy that.

i looked at these kids who were really enjoying the show. they're like, "ya this kids amazing, and he's only 17".

meh...i was there, with my best friend lucy, the whole show was good except madeon's set

madeon....YOU BLEW IT!!!!!!!

I was at the show, and I disagree with you. His music did not suit the crowd, and being put after Hardwell, and before Porter didn't make sense. His set wasn't bad but they completely turned down his music compared to everyone else's. I felt like I could barely even hear it. (which was a buzz kill) I think in a different environment he would be awesome. If he gets an early set like the Twelves last year I think he set will be just as awesome as theirs was.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I don't know how you expect my prediction to be wrong. People will have fun. It's still mindless bullshit.
    Hah, you're THAT person on these boards I see.

Really excited for his set!

Quote Originally Posted by Ross1492 View Post
    As French button-pushers go, this was the correct choice:

god yes. OR is such a powerhouse

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    Ok, so I really have no opinion on the kid. The song is ok I guess, it'll get people moving. My question is are other DJ's that are working with Abelton or similar tools live doing something different than what this kid is doing or are they all pretty much pre-recorded sets as well?

A lot of your "live" sets have tons of prerecorded samples programmed into whatever it is that they are using. That doesn't make them fully pre-recorded sets. What Madeon does actually requires SOME skill as opposed to, say, Steve Angello did on his infamous youtube video where he just did absolutely nothing to mix or loop samples in.

Live mixing or programming is different from "set it and forget it" style shit.

Playing with the flange and pressing the air horn button is different than arranging and queuing up pre recorded tracks.

Both are button pushing but one requires an attention span and a lil bit of skill.

So what is all the fuss about with this Kid? Do people just not like what he is playing or do they think he's not really doing anything that special? Or do they think the adoration that he is getting isn't deserved? I'm impressed so far by what I have heard/seen and usually I could care less about dudes like this, but I have no idea how those samplers work.

Or is this just the board being the douchey board as usual?
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    So what is all the fuss about with this Kid? Do people just not like what he is playing or do they think he's not really doing anything that special? Or do they think the adoration that he is getting isn't deserved? I'm impressed so far by what I have heard/seen and usually I could care less about dudes like this, but I have no idea how those samplers work.

Or is this just the board being the douchey board as usual?
    Not sure and I am usually one of the biggest assholes around here. I'm actually intrigued by this kid and as someone who has DJ'd and dabbled in producing for a while I can tell you that what he produces isn't "mindless". He could develop into the next popular run-of-the-mill cheeseball act, but I don't mind what I have heard from him overall. He has a few tracks that I can't stand, but for the most part he seems to have a lot of potential.

My feelings on Madeon are pretty much on par with your entire post here.
    Last edited by GuyInTucson; 02-23-2012 at 01:52 PM.