View Poll Results: how will the comedians setup affect friday coachella?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • they will be spread out around different stages as warmups in betweeen sets

20 45.45%
  • they will perform on one of the stages and get a huge block of time

9 20.45%
  • they will perform together in a huge maybe 90min- 2 hr block.

6 13.64%
  • who gives a shit! this comedian group sucks balls.

9 20.45%

Thread: COMEDIANS OF COMEDY SETUP? YOUR OPINION

Banned

Default COMEDIANS OF COMEDY SETUP? YOUR OPINION

ok, well they have 10 comedians in their group so what will it be...

Default Re: COMEDIANS OF COMEDY SETUP? YOUR OPINION

I say none of the above..........

I'm guessing there will be a small tent reserved for comedy only, and that each comedian will do 2 sets, a daytime set and a night set.

At Bonnaroo, they have a stand-up comedy tent with a whole lineup of comedians performing all 4 days, Most of them doing multiple sets. Bonnaroo's comedy tent is basically run just like a comedy club... they have rows of chairs and clear the tent after each performance before they let in the next group of fans, who line up outside the tent.

Bands I'd love to see at Coachella '08: West Indian Girl, Menomena, The 88, Pigeon John

while it would be cool to see patton oswalt interact with bjork onstage, I think they will get their own tent.

I hope they have a tent all to themselves so I can send one of my friends who gets depressed all the time over there. Would be a good meeting spot, fo sho.
    I love music, and I hate vowels.

i'm thinking either in between acts or in a seperate tent. i highly doubt they would go on the main stage in one big block.

I hope they play between acts, thatd be best
    Stevie Wonder, Jurassic 5!!, Magnetic Man, Pogo, Tycho, Tears for Fears 2013

Coach 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13(1)
    Sasquatch 12
    Lolla 11(Chile)
    VOODOO 11
    Street Scene 07,08,09
    Rock the Bells 07

Quote Originally Posted by brycerosen View Post
    I hope they play between acts, thatd be best
    Yeah, I'm worried because I'm probably going to be camped at the main stage that night. I'd love if the topliners were out there filling time between sets.

If they have their own tent, I'd probably miss almost everybody.

I'm guessing between acts or everyone does a set during a 2+ hour block in the Gobi.

im guessing a 10-12 slot in the gobi.
    lollipops and crisps

The Gobi sounds right.

Yeah, I'm almost certain the Gobi. It would be difficult to hear them in any of the other stages, I imagine.

Stupid Idea. Was the "Blue Man Group" not enough? Keep Vegas acts in Vegas. You know what they say: What happens in Vegas....
    attended '01,'02,'04,'05,'06,'07,'08,'09,10

Quote Originally Posted by joebizz View Post
    Stupid Idea. Was the "Blue Man Group" not enough? Keep Vegas acts in Vegas. You know what they say: What happens in Vegas....
    Blue Man Group had barely started getting huge and becoming a Vegas staple when they even did Coachella. The How To be A Megastar tour was just underway and that was with the 3 original members. It was fun, it was different its totally a Coachella act. Leave it be. I think in between acts woudl be cool but a 2 hour block would be interesting. Or they could do 1 hour on one stage and 1 hour on another..

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Blue Man Group had barely started getting huge and becoming a Vegas staple when they even did Coachella. The How To be A Megastar tour was just underway and that was with the 3 original members. It was fun, it was different its totally a Coachella act. Leave it be. I think in between acts woudl be cool but a 2 hour block would be interesting. Or they could do 1 hour on one stage and 1 hour on another..
    Don't get me wrong, I love stand up and all. But, well, ummmm..O.K. It is a Music AND arts festival. I'm ok with it. Hope there is a good band playing while the comedians are on.

Huh? What does CoC have to do with Vegas?

Comedians Of Comedy was formed because Patton Oswald hated comedy clubs and most of the people that go to them. He admired the indie-rock scene and hired an indie-rock promoter to put the first tour together. They play all-ages shows in college towns in the same rock-clubs most of the other Coachella bands do. (Technically, David Cross did it first, touring rock clubs with Ultrababyfat opening up for him.)

You don't have to like it...I'm sure you probably wouldn't. But it doesn't show much intelligence to insult something you're so ignorant about. If you said "I've seen Patton Oswalt, he sucks", that would be a valid opinion.

As for Blue Man Group...well they have been around since the 80's. By the time they opened a show in Vegas, they had been playing in New York for 9 years straight, as well as 5 years in Boston and 3 in Chicago. (Most people thought the Vegas show would fail, because it was so "un-Vegas-like".) Those 4 shows are still running, along with shows in Berlin, London, Amsterdam, & Oberhausen. (The Toronto show recently closed due to a dispute with labor unions.) They will soon open at Universal Studios Orlando. So which is it...are they a "Vegas" act, or a "Theme Park" act? After all, 10% of their audience is in Vegas, and 10% is in a Theme Park. That must be what they're all about, right?

AND, the show they did at Coachella bears little resemblance to any of those shows. It was the kick off of their "Complex Rock Tour." ('Complex' is not describing 'Rock' there...it was just the name of their album- a concept album about an office complex.) It was, essentially, making fun of a typical generic rock show- a-la Bon Jovi or something. Seems like a perfect fit for Coachella, to me. I didn't see the Coachella performance, but I saw that tour. It was OK, but far inferior to their other shows. Especially their Vegas show, which is probably the best stage show I've ever seen. Ever.

So that's 2 things you don't know anything about, but insist on insulting.

If Tom Jones was playing Coachella this year, and Sigfried & Roy had played in 2003, then you might have some kind of valid point. Except I'd still be telling you to go screw yourself, because Tom Jones is a frickin bad-ass.

it's not unusual...

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Blue Man Group had barely started getting huge and becoming a Vegas staple when they even did Coachella. The How To be A Megastar tour was just underway and that was with the 3 original members.
    "How To Be A Megastar" is the new tour show. That show was just called "The Complex Rock Tour". And the original members were not on the tour. (They might have been at Coachella though...I really don't know.)

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    Huh? What does CoC have to do with Vegas?

Comedians Of Comedy was formed because Patton Oswald hated comedy clubs and most of the people that go to them. He admired the indie-rock scene and hired an indie-rock promoter to put the first tour together. They play all-ages shows in college towns in the same rock-clubs most of the other Coachella bands do. (Technically, David Cross did it first, touring rock clubs with Ultrababyfat opening up for him.)

You don't have to like it...I'm sure you probably wouldn't. But it doesn't show much intelligence to insult something you're so ignorant about. If you said "I've seen Patton Oswalt, he sucks", that would be a valid opinion.

As for Blue Man Group...well they have been around since the 80's. By the time they opened a show in Vegas, they had been playing in New York for 9 years straight, as well as 5 years in Boston and 3 in Chicago. (Most people thought the Vegas show would fail, because it was so "un-Vegas-like".) Those 4 shows are still running, along with shows in Berlin, London, Amsterdam, & Oberhausen. (The Toronto show recently closed due to a dispute with labor unions.) They will soon open at Universal Studios Orlando. So which is it...are they a "Vegas" act, or a "Theme Park" act? After all, 10% of their audience is in Vegas, and 10% is in a Theme Park. That must be what they're all about, right?

AND, the show they did at Coachella bears little resemblance to any of those shows. It was the kick off of their "Complex Rock Tour." ('Complex' is not describing 'Rock' there...it was just the name of their album- a concept album about an office complex.) It was, essentially, making fun of a typical generic rock show- a-la Bon Jovi or something. Seems like a perfect fit for Coachella, to me. I didn't see the Coachella performance, but I saw that tour. It was OK, but far inferior to their other shows. Especially their Vegas show, which is probably the best stage show I've ever seen. Ever.

So that's 2 things you don't know anything about, but insist on insulting.

If Tom Jones was playing Coachella this year, and Sigfried & Roy had played in 2003, then you might have some kind of valid point. Except I'd still be telling you to go screw yourself, because Tom Jones is a frickin bad-ass.
    Damn dude. I was just messing around. I can't stop laughing after reading your die-hard dedication to side show acts. I had no I idea they were a comedy troupe before googleing them. Pardon my "ignorance". I just thought it would be funny to reference any act other than a musical act on stage as "Vegas". I guess not. But, from now on, I will ask you first when in doubt.
    Last edited by joebizz; 03-21-2007 at 06:26 PM.

[QUOTE=M Sparks;109327]

"You don't have to like it...I'm sure you probably wouldn't."

Now who's judging who? Pot calling the kettle black......
    Last edited by joebizz; 03-21-2007 at 06:23 PM.

WEINBACH

I think it's cool they will be there.. although I don't know if i will catch them.. i hope they do their thing between acts or their own tent..

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    (Technically, David Cross did it first, touring rock clubs with Ultrababyfat opening up for him.)
    I must admit I didn't expect to hear Ultrababyfat mentioned 'round here.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by full.on.idle View Post
    WEINBACH
    I totally know his younger brothers, and his sister used to play shows in Santa Cruz, CA where I go to school. He's a weird, yet funny guy.

He's hiLARious.

Don't get me wrong, I love stand up and all. But, well, ummmm..O.K. It is a Music AND arts festival. I'm ok with it. Hope there is a good band playing while the comedians are on.
    stand up is an art form.......

Quote Originally Posted by captain radero View Post
    stand up is an art form.......
    Shall I repeat myself?

I think they will be in one tent together given the fact that friday does not have as much artists as the other days.