Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jacques Lu Cont / Stuart Price / Les Rythmes Digitales / Thin White Duke

Default Jacques Lu Cont / Stuart Price / Les Rythmes Digitales / Thin White Duke

Has a boatload of remixes under several different monikers.

Recommend his FabricLive .09 Mix.
    ass on the grill

Default Re: Jacques Lu Cont / Stuart Price / Les Rythmes Digitales / Thin White Duke

I have no idea what kind of stuff he'll be playing in 2012 but it will probably be awesome. Any seen him DJ lately or is like a super rare thing that never happens nowadays?

Default Re: Jacques Lu Cont / Stuart Price / Les Rythmes Digitales / Thin White Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post

Has a boatload of remixes under several different monikers.

Fully agree on this! I had an extra ticket in '09 that I was able to sell to a guy from Morongo Valley, and upon meeting up to do our exchange he gave me a copy of that fabric live mix as a thank you... I'm hoping to see him there this year to return the thanks cuz it sure got a lot of play by me since then.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

I am looking forward to his set. Should be a good early sahara act.

Last edited by concertgoer; 01-14-2012 at 10:25 AM.

looking forward to this. he opened for SHM @ MSG recently. no idea how the set was

Quote Originally Posted by bender View Post
    I have no idea what kind of stuff he'll be playing in 2012 but it will probably be awesome. Any seen him DJ lately or is like a super rare thing that never happens nowadays?
    it's pretty rare. he started playing again a few months ago after a 5+ years hiatus. i haven't seen any of his new track listings but apparently the shows were as good as his old sets. hopefully he'll play some Les Rythmes Digitales material. Darkdancer was a really fun album.

Damn, this is going to be good.

one of my favorite discoveries so far

Definitely check out his Fabric mix if you haven't already. Easily one of the best in the series.

I'm not holding out much hope, but it would be great if his set is more like that and less like SHM.

oh man i really hope he plays jacques your body i would just fucking lose it

I love this guy so far. I'm assuming happy daytime dance party in the Sahara? A la The Twelves last year? Sign me up.

That was my thought exactly. Damn that Twelves set was fun.

Two I'm really, really hoping to hear. Especially the first one.

2010 | 2011 | 2012 weekend 2 | 2013 weekend 1 | 2014 weekend 1

loops of funk over hardcore beats

I don't know what this is but there is only one guy called "The Thin White Duke" and it is not the asshat that did these remixes. (They might be great. I didn't listen to them.)
    Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    you shut your whorish mouth when talking about the sea king.

Quote Originally Posted by DANCE MAGIC View Post
    I don't know what this is but there is only one guy called "The Thin White Duke" and it is not the asshat that did these remixes. (They might be great. I didn't listen to them.)
    Both of them are great men!

Quote Originally Posted by bender View Post
    I saw him djing at fabric in London in November. he mostly played his classics, opened with royksopp remix. it was literally AMAZING! place just went off. funny how low down on the line up he is, apart from him and modeselektor there is so much shite. I would absolutely recommend going to see him, potential highlight of the weekend, would love to be there, enjoy!
    User hippielove has entered this room.
    [innergorilla] anyone like adrian sherwood?
    [innergorilla] he's got this album, 'never trust a hippy'....its good.
    [innergorilla] no offense hippie love
    User hippielove has logged out.

If he drops a set of all new shit it will be the turd cherry on the top of my Coachella's shit EDM cake.
    Years Attended:

one of my favorites of Les Rhythm Digitales
    "The Coachella Valley wasn't always like this, there's been a great many changes made since I came here some 67 years ago"

Absolute genius.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmontonian
    The Sahara's sole purpose these days is to serve as bro-filter.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaoq View Post
    he...opened with royksopp remix.
    I am so happy to hear this.

Surprised no one posted this in here yet. I'm really liking his new stuff so far. This is gonna be fun

I'm surprised no one has mentioned his show @ the Detroit bar w/ Jason bently..anyone else going? For someone not actually going to coach this year I'm super excited about the show..

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    Thank you for this. Loving this mix!

I had no idea this guy was all these....can't wait
    Coachella 2013
    The Stone Roses-Blur-Yeah Yeah Yeahs-Grinderman-Dog Blood-Beach House-Metric-Stars-Johnny Marr-Wolfgang Gartner-Nicky romero-Tommy Trash-Sparks-The XX-The Postal Service- New Order-Knife Party-Benny Benassi-Moby-Franz Ferdinand- SMD-Cafe Tacvba-Bat for Lashes-Richie Hawtin-Major Lazer-Fedde Le Grand-Bingo Players-Savages-3Ball MTY- Nick Cave-Vampire Weekend-Eric Prydz-Grimes-The Faint-Hardwell-Paul Oakenfold-Dinasaur Jr-OMD-Rodriguez-Parov Stelar Band

Stuart Price was so ahead of the pack, a full decade and almost a half before the whole 80s revival became the trend

Quote Originally Posted by Oolong View Post
    Surprised no one posted this in here yet. I'm really liking his new stuff so far. This is gonna be fun

I saw this track on some blogs a few weeks ago and have been loving it ever since. I think Jacques might be one of the best Sahara sets of the weekend...

wow def gonna check out his show at detroit bar! its right by my house so i have too,i also have a feeling i would prob end up missing him at coachella..i did a lot of searches for the fabric live mix torrent but got a bunch of dead links...any links? or am i gonna have to buy it?

Paul is dead

Lurker

Saw him three weeks ago at XOYO.. He was as good as expected.

Church - His latest tune that i know of bought the place down