Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Real Coachella Scalpers

Default Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    with all the pain in the world and Urban Outfitters sadding the navajo yall should not use the word "scalpers" please increase the peace.
    Sigged.
    with all the pain in the world and Urban Outfitters sadding the navajo yall should not use the word "scalpers" please increase the peace.

Can I make a request for the original poster to live up to his name and go back to lurking.

There was a full presale months ago with fucking LAWAWAY.

Cool Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

Here is a list of people that have made it clear, some speaking with profanity, that Goldenvoice IS NOT selling tickets on the secondary market. You are all wrong, plain and simple.

Neighborhood Creep
    Bumblebee
    Bob_Loblaw
    suprefan
    bganch
    chucky_canuck
    TomAZ
    FaxMan75

Yes, at first I did not have "evidence" that Goldenvoice was selling tickets on stubhub except for the fact that selling on stubhub is the most logical strategy for a company in this situation to play its hand. To the list of Coacheller posters above, be prepared to be schooled:

Here are snippets from an interview Evolver.fm did with the head of communications at STUBHUB, Glenn Lehrman:

Evolver.fm: With scalping, it seems like on the fan side, prices just go up while bands, venues and promoters donít see any of that extra money.

Lehrman: Well, I donít know if I agree with that notion. Thereís a transparency issue. You donít know how many of the tickets are actually making it on sale to the public. Weíve seen reports where only 13 percent of the tickets ever went on sale to the public. Thereís a vibrant business ó with the promoters, venues and artists ó on our website. I can tell you for a fact that I know a number of artists and promoters list substantial amounts of tickets for their tours through StubHub, because thatís probably what they want to charge for a ticket, but canít do so publicly.

Evolver.fm: Really.

Lehrman: Yes, and this is the way of the world forever. Youíve had promoters selling tickets in back alleys, and now they have found a legitimate way to do it. People condemn us for having the brokers, resellers, scalpers or whatever you want to call them buy up all the tickets and list them on our site. But those are not necessarily the people who list them on our site. Yes, they exist, but theyíre a smaller percentage than you would ever believe....

Lehrman: This goes back to my transparency answer. Thereís just not enough tickets being made available to the public. If thereís only 3,000 tickets going to the public from a 20,000 seat venue, then, of course, prices are going to be high.

Evolver.fm: To be clear, where are the other 17,000 tickets?

Lehrman: I think whatís happening is, say 20,000 tickets are available for a show. Of those, 4,000 go to a pre-sale, 2,500 go to a fan club, and then it comes time for the actual public sale, say 10am on a Saturday, and only 3,000 are on sale there.

Youíve got about 10,000 tickets that have gone on sale, and 10,000 that have been held back in some capacity. Most of those held-back tickets are funneled onto the secondary market. Enough tickets were never available in the first place, so people are able to get a premium for them.

http://evolver.fm/2011/04/04/stubhub...ket-shortages/

This information comes directly from the horse's mouth -- Stubhub. For you Coachellers, IT IS OBVIOUS that THE CORPORATION is selling tickets on Stubhub. I don't fault them for it, it makes complete business sense. Just understand -- Coachella is not an event to make everyone happy, it is all about $$$$$$$$$, and $$$$$$$$$ they get. And yes, Goldenvoice and Coachella care about you(r money). Especially with 2012's shitty lineup and the double weekend.

Request to Message Board -- make this thread a sticky ;-)

a number of artists and promoters list substantial amounts of tickets for their tours through StubHub
    This is not the same thing as "Goldenvoice lists tickets for Coachella on StubHub".
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by theresalwaysone View Post
    Only 285++++ ?????

What a deal! At least it isn't 285+++++
    lol. ha ha i laugh laf laf
    2001, 2004, 2007, 2009

2013 EDM wishlish (please):

classixx, stanton warriors, logistics, jefr tale
    spencer & hill, bent, eric prydz, mike realm, nick thayer
    kruder & dorfmeister, young punx, phonat, treasure fingers
    Kraak & Smaak, sergio & benoit, kris menace, bassjackers, DJ Craze
    DIGITALISM, knifeparty, chemical brothers, bassbintwins, seth troxler

Well, coacheller me yellow...
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Sure glad I didn't get schooled.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Retarded yawpings aside, I wonder if maybe they limited the capacity to something really reasonable this year since they are doing the two weekends (and they did go faster than ever)

Maybe its 60k a day now.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

ó Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I thought we heard in an interview early on it would be capped at 65k though I can't source it at the moment. Maybe an L.A. Times story from 7 months ago or something?

Retarded yawpings aside, I wonder if maybe they limited the capacity to something really reasonable this year since they are doing the two weekends (and they did go faster than ever)

Maybe its 60k a day now.
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Time will tell I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

old school

Quote Originally Posted by still_lurking View Post
    Here is a list of people that have made it clear, some speaking with profanity, that Goldenvoice IS NOT selling tickets on the secondary market. You are all wrong, plain and simple.

Neighborhood Creep
    Bumblebee
    Bob_Loblaw
    suprefan
    bganch
    chucky_canuck
    TomAZ
    FaxMan75

Yes, at first I did not have "evidence" that Goldenvoice was selling tickets on stubhub except for the fact that selling on stubhub is the most logical strategy for a company in this situation to play its hand. To the list of Coacheller posters above, be prepared to be schooled:
    It's well known "secret" that some major promoters cream loads of tickets for high profile show in certain markets.

My point is that why was there more LCD/MSG tickets on various broker sites than both Coachella weekends, despite having 10 times as many tickets? Not to mention that Coachella is a GA festival that took a week to sell out in both 2011 and 2012 factoring in the presales. The GA weekend pass bought a milisecond into the onsale is worth the same as the one bought 6 days later - different from shows where there is assigned seating with good seats going for major premium.

I'm a banana!
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

If GV really wanted to fuck us over Coachella would be $400-$500 for the weekend by now as opposed to $325. Its been around $325 since it went 3 days, really not unreasonable.

Go look at the prices for Ultra and bitch in the ultra thread

@op
    Lay off the sativas brah

Sometimes some people do certain things and that means logically all people do these things actually.

Edit: Derp.

Hey OP ... some people have sex with animals. You are a person.
    By your logic, YOU are havign sex with animals.
    2014 completely unrealistic wishlist: Radiohead, Atoms For Peace, Elbow, Doves, Kristin Hersh, David Bowie, Kate Bush, Chemical Brothers, Faithless, Shy Child, Massive Attack, Zero 7, The Dickies, Holy Fuck, Seun Kuti and Egypt 80, The Flaming Lips

Quote Originally Posted by psycobetabuckdown View Post
    is that chucky canuck guy kroqken?
    Quote Originally Posted by higgybaby23 View Post
    Naw, too much hair.

you want to talk about getting fucked over? go to any show put on by LiveNation. those fucking bastards do ANYTHING they can to squeeze every last dime out of you. ticket prices, service charges, food prices, advertisements everywhere, $5 water bottles which you are not allowed to keep the cap to, or its poured into a plastic cup to prevent refills or saving of said water for later. i've snuck in plastic bottle caps to LiveNation shows for this reason alone.

if you REALLY want to feel the burn go to a fest put on by LiveNation. the difference is night and day

<3 goldenvoice!!!

As a Sasquatch vet, I'll have to agree with you there anonimouse. LiveNation is pretty fucking awful.

You guys have obviously never promoted a show before. A promoter is selling a product! get it? it's a product that you either make money on, or lose money on. Guess what GV wants to do? I don't blame them...I really don't...but don't play stupid guys. You are buying a product, just like Cocacola or Nike, and you buy it because you like the product. Sure Coachella will look towards ways to make their product better, but they are also looking to make sure that their product makes more money. That's the goal at this point - to do what they love to do (put on a festival) and make a shit ton of cash while doing so.
    Cooler than a polar bears toenails.

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    you want to talk about getting fucked over? go to any show put on by LiveNation. those fucking bastards do ANYTHING they can to squeeze every last dime out of you. ticket prices, service charges, food prices, advertisements everywhere, $5 water bottles which you are not allowed to keep the cap to, or its poured into a plastic cup to prevent refills or saving of said water for later. i've snuck in plastic bottle caps to LiveNation shows for this reason alone.

if you REALLY want to feel the burn go to a fest put on by LiveNation. the difference is night and day

<3 goldenvoice!!!
    you have no idea what you're talking about.
    Cooler than a polar bears toenails.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFunkyPrecedent View Post
    you have no idea what you're talking about.
    thank you for refuting my point with concrete proof of your conspiracy theories

Here's the thing -- Maybe Goldenvoice/AEG are selling the 1000+ tickets on Stubhub right now.. maybe not.

What fucking difference does it make? Is it somehow immoral for Goldenvoice to sell tickets to their own event at whatever price point they choose? Is it wrong of them to make money? They're a fucking business. Get over it. They exist to make a profit. That's what businesses are.

If you think they exist to promote art and push some global agenda of caring about others through music.. you need to grow the fuck up. Those cats are after your dollars, and if you don't understand that, then you're the one with the problem...not them.
    Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    you shut your whorish mouth when talking about the sea king.

I was pretty sure Swedish House Mafia was after my heart

old school

Quote Originally Posted by DANCE MAGIC View Post
    What fucking difference does it make? Is it somehow immoral for Goldenvoice to sell tickets to their own event at whatever price point they choose? Is it wrong of them to make money? They're a fucking business. Get over it. They exist to make a profit. That's what businesses are.
    Promoters/artists like giving the perception of affordability while maximising profit. Doubling all ticket pricing will end any sense of community and will end being some country club for a younger generation.

Artist build pricing structures into contracts. If they publically sell them more than the contract stipulates then the act can bring legal action.

I think it's abundantly clear it's all about the money this year.
    Fuck "themule"

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Promoters/artists like giving the perception of affordability while maximising profit.
    So fucking what? Again, it's their business and they're free to run it however they see fit. That's pretty much what a free market is all about. What the fuck are you some kind of communist?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Doubling all ticket pricing will end any sense of community and will end being some country club for a younger generation
    Oh... so.. yes. You are some kind of communist. I see what this is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensuality View Post
    I think it's abundantly clear it's all about the money this year.
    Really? I think it's abundantly clear that it's always been "all about the money" every year. It's a fucking BUSINESS you assholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    you shut your whorish mouth when talking about the sea king.

I heard coca cola was withholding a part of their diet coke production and selling it on eBay for 3x the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Tom, hey Tom. I've got this idea and it's sort of groundbreaking. What if you and I join together to bring an entertainment service to people, where they can enjoy experiencing something they like? And at the same time, we can make money for putting together this service? I'm not sure how well the idea will go over, and at some point, we may have to resort to actually physically forcing people to give us money to experience this service with scare tactics and/or guns, but tell me what you think.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Dance magic... My comment was cynical, but still stands. Of course the festival is about money, this is America. I don't harbor any delusions regarding the intentions of businessmen here, GV included. What pisses me off is the lineup... Have you even compared it to past years? Either you're ignorant or stupid (or both) if you believe this years lineup isn't catering to the masses with big money, mainstream names that are only billed to attract the most people possible. This kind of shit isn't what has made Coachella as popular as it is today, so it's obvious GV is moving in a different direction... Towards money.

Check yourself before you post stupid crap again. Thanks.
    Fuck "themule"