Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 151

Thread: The Real Coachella Scalpers

  1. #1

    Default The Real Coachella Scalpers

    The biggest Coachella scalper of them all is Goldenvoice.

    Yes...I said it. Goldenvoice.

    Its a scheme for The Corporation all you little Coachellers bow down to every year.

    They sold many of their tickets through ticketmaster; however, the rest of the tickets that The Corporation will be selling their tickets is the secondary market -- Stubhub.com. This is a way for The Corporation to make more money off the Coachellers. They can sell tickets they usually sell for $285 on the secondary market for $285++++. Its a good market scheme and allows The Corporation to sell at different price points on your Coachellers demand curves.

    Awesome strategy by The Corporation. So when you Coachellers cry about scalpers, just remember that the biggest scalper of them all is the person (remember, Corporations are people too) putting on your event :-)

  2. #2
    Member OnlyNonStranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    2,423

    Default Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

    "Coachellers."

  3. #3

    Default Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

    Im guessing you missed out on a ticket, correct?

  4. #4

    Default Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

    Quote Originally Posted by still_lurking View Post
    The biggest Coachella scalper of them all is Goldenvoice.

    Yes...I said it. Goldenvoice.

    Its a scheme for The Corporation all you little Coachellers bow down to every year.

    They sold many of their tickets through ticketmaster; however, the rest of the tickets that The Corporation will be selling their tickets is the secondary market -- Stubhub.com. This is a way for The Corporation to make more money off the Coachellers. They can sell tickets they usually sell for $285 on the secondary market for $285++++. Its a good market scheme and allows The Corporation to sell at different price points on your Coachellers demand curves.

    Awesome strategy by The Corporation. So when you Coachellers cry about scalpers, just remember that the biggest scalper of them all is the person (remember, Corporations are people too) putting on your event :-)


    Only 285++++ ?????

    What a deal! At least it isn't 285+++++

  5. #5
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,655

    Default Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    "Coachellers."
    "Little Coachellers..." Do you even have a clue how long it's been since I was referred to as a little anything???
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

  6. #6

    Default Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

    I have my tickets.

    Its an observation from an economic standpoint. Also, by saying tickets are sold out, Goldenvoice is creating more of a stir.

    Awesome move by The Corporation.

    God Bless America and Capitalism

  7. #7
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,560

    Default Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #8
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,013

    Default Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

    Let's say GV scalped 1,000 tickets for $250 over face value each.

    $250,000 is a drop in a bucket(0.5%) for a festival that just finished selling $50,000,000 worth of tickets today.

  9. #9
    Coachella Junkie M Sparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    12,119

    Default Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

    Quote Originally Posted by still_lurking View Post
    They sold many of their tickets through ticketmaster
    Not this year.

  10. #10
    Member Bob_Loblaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

    Quote Originally Posted by still_lurking View Post
    I have my tickets.

    Its an observation from an economic standpoint. Also, by saying tickets are sold out, Goldenvoice is creating more of a stir.

    Awesome move by The Corporation.

    God Bless America and Capitalism

    So you have no proof to this theory of yours? If anyone is trying to create more of a stir, it's you by saying dumb shit you can't prove.

    Capitalism is what allows you to have a computer to type on or a festival to see. Go act like an idiot on another forum.

  11. #11

    Default Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Let's say GV scalped 1,000 tickets for $250 over face value each.

    $250,000 is a drop in a bucket(0.5%) for a festival that just finished selling $50,000,000 worth of tickets today.
    Actually, week 1 has already sold 170 tickets on stubhub for a cost of anywhere between $550-700+. I didn't bother looking at week 2, but I assume its up there too. Since tickets sold out today, I'd say that "a shitload" more tickets will be sold on the Secondary market in places like Stubhub et al.

    Also, if they made $50,000,000 today that would assume they sold over 175,000 tickets, which would be almost 90,000 people each day. This would be another Clusterfuckchella. They probably are only selling 150,000 tickets max for both weekends since last year it was supposedly maxed out at 75,000. Thats about $40 million.

    If Goldenvoice can sell an extra 7,500 tickets (could easily be more) on the secondary market and claim that they sold out tickets for both weekends in 3 hours they are doing 2 things: 1] Making about $2.5 million more on the tickets (which is a 6% increase in revenue, and in the business world you don't meet your numbers, you find ways to exceed them. 6% gain is huge) AND 2]creating more demand for the following years with even shittier lineups because people are paying for the Coachella Brand that sells out quickly every year. Its all about the reputation.

    Ask yourself this: If you could buy tickets on the Coachella website 3 days before the event, would it be so popular???? People want what is difficult to get.

    Coachella should really be honest and have Something Corporate close out the festival each year.

  12. #12
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,560

    Default Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

    Keep in mind they make money off camping, shuttles, extra cost on safari and vip tickets, etc.

  13. #13

    Default Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw View Post
    So you have no proof to this theory of yours? If anyone is trying to create more of a stir, it's you by saying dumb shit you can't prove.

    Capitalism is what allows you to have a computer to type on or a festival to see. Go act like an idiot on another forum.
    Nope, no proof.

    Here is a list of things without proof:
    1) You are a human
    2) Anyone has landed on the moon
    3) there is life outside of Earth

    If you are looking for proofs in life, then...be prepared for disappointment.

  14. #14
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

    so who runs ''The Corporation''? I mean, this whole racket has to have a ringleader, right?


    Quote Originally Posted by still_lurking View Post
    Nope, no proof.

    Here is a list of things without proof:
    1) You are a human
    2) Anyone has landed on the moon
    3) there is life outside of Earth

    If you are looking for proofs in life, then...be prepared for disappointment.

    GUESS WHAT YOU IGNORANT MOTHERFUCKER. WE DONT NEED BATSHIT CRAZY IDIOTS LIKE YOU CRYING ABOUT HOW YOU DIDNT GET YOURS THIS MORNING. YOU JUST WANT TO POST FROM ANTI CAPITALIST HIGH CHAIR. CAUSE YOU AINT GETTING LAID RIGHT NOW CAUSE YOURE A FATASS PIECE OF SHIT SITTING AT HOME ON A FRIDAY AND HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN TO TRY AND GET ATTENTION FROM STRANGERS ON THE INTERNET..

  15. #15
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,130

    Default Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

    shit. just. got. real.

  16. #16

    Default Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    so who runs ''The Corporation''? I mean, this whole racket has to have a ringleader, right?
    Chris, google "who owns Goldenvoice" and you will have your answer.

  17. #17
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,560

    Default Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

    Lulz
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

  18. #18

    Default Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    so who runs ''The Corporation''? I mean, this whole racket has to have a ringleader, right?





    GUESS WHAT YOU IGNORANT MOTHERFUCKER. WE DONT NEED BATSHIT CRAZY IDIOTS LIKE YOU CRYING ABOUT HOW YOU DIDNT GET YOURS THIS MORNING. YOU JUST WANT TO POST FROM ANTI CAPITALIST HIGH CHAIR. CAUSE YOU AINT GETTING LAID RIGHT NOW CAUSE YOURE A FATASS PIECE OF SHIT SITTING AT HOME ON A FRIDAY AND HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN TO TRY AND GET ATTENTION FROM STRANGERS ON THE INTERNET..
    Excuse me Chris A.

    You must have misunderstood the following (I'm not surprised you didn't understand it)

    Nope, no proof.

    Here is a list of things without proof:
    1) You are a human
    2) Anyone has landed on the moon
    3) there is life outside of Earth

    If you are looking for proofs in life, then...be prepared for disappointment.


    For those that didn't understand this (looking at you, Chris), this post was made to point out that just because there is no proof for something, it does not mean it did not happen or does not exist.

    For example -- I believe 1)the person is human, 2)people have landed on the moon, 3)there is life on other planets. I used these examples because I assumed other people would see them as obvious truths and would understand the analogy. I guess I was wrong, at least with you. You aren't much for parallels.

    Also, the caps make you look fatter than you are.

  19. #19

    Default Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

    you are truly awful

  20. #20
    Member Twattycakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Posts
    923

    Default Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

    Quote Originally Posted by still_lurking View Post
    I have my tickets.

    Its an observation from an economic standpoint. Also, by saying tickets are sold out, Goldenvoice is creating more of a stir.

    Awesome move by The Corporation.

    God Bless America and Capitalism
    Fuck capitalism! Yeah! In a demonstration of anti-capitalism, adopt communism, where there is no property! Now your Coachella wristband belongs to everyone! Good riddance.
    The Knife - Beck - The Cult - Motorhead - QOTSA - Outkast - The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Pet Shop Boys - Temples - Crosses - Washed Out - The Preatures - Little Dragon - Mogwai - Broken Bells - Jon Spencer - Tiga - The Internet - Blood Orange - Naked and the Famous - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife

  21. #21

    Default Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

    Actually there is a reflective plate that the astronauts placed on the surface of the moon. Scientists/astronomers can shine a high powered lazer on the exact spot of the plate and due to its precise shape and design, the lazer will reflect back to the earth exactly where it came from.

    Coachella Weekend #1

  22. #22

    Default Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

    Quote Originally Posted by still_lurking View Post
    Actually, week 1 has already sold 170 tickets on stubhub for a cost of anywhere between $550-700+. I didn't bother looking at week 2, but I assume its up there too. Since tickets sold out today, I'd say that "a shitload" more tickets will be sold on the Secondary market in places like Stubhub et al.

    Also, if they made $50,000,000 today that would assume they sold over 175,000 tickets, which would be almost 90,000 people each day. This would be another Clusterfuckchella. They probably are only selling 150,000 tickets max for both weekends since last year it was supposedly maxed out at 75,000. Thats about $40 million.

    If Goldenvoice can sell an extra 7,500 tickets (could easily be more) on the secondary market and claim that they sold out tickets for both weekends in 3 hours they are doing 2 things: 1] Making about $2.5 million more on the tickets (which is a 6% increase in revenue, and in the business world you don't meet your numbers, you find ways to exceed them. 6% gain is huge) AND 2]creating more demand for the following years with even shittier lineups because people are paying for the Coachella Brand that sells out quickly every year. Its all about the reputation.

    Ask yourself this: If you could buy tickets on the Coachella website 3 days before the event, would it be so popular???? People want what is difficult to get.

    Coachella should really be honest and have Something Corporate close out the festival each year.
    Ok. Got it.

  23. #23

    Default Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

    The real villain is all of the people who knew they wanted to go to Coachella last June, and decided to pay the reasonable price of monthly payments every month to go to the festival. Said evil Corporation gave these people the opportunity to do so! Truly atrocious (and well planned) people, aren't many of us.

  24. #24
    Member Foucault's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Trans-California
    Posts
    938

    Default Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Keep in mind they make money off camping, shuttles, extra cost on safari and vip tickets, etc.
    Not to mention concessions... I guarantee you that Heineken doesn't take in 100% of those $10 beers...

  25. #25
    Member Twattycakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Posts
    923

    Default Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

    I'm loving the complaining people who didn't get tickets. It's a nice change from people bickering about Bjork being a singer or something.
    The Knife - Beck - The Cult - Motorhead - QOTSA - Outkast - The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Pet Shop Boys - Temples - Crosses - Washed Out - The Preatures - Little Dragon - Mogwai - Broken Bells - Jon Spencer - Tiga - The Internet - Blood Orange - Naked and the Famous - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife

  26. #26
    Member Citizen Snips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Under the rainbow
    Posts
    85

    Default Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

    And merch. Anything that says "Coachella" on it that is sold is profit.
    Just trying to get a word in.

  27. #27
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,655

    Default Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

    Quote Originally Posted by still_lurking View Post
    Nope, no proof.

    Here is a list of things without proof:
    1) You are a human
    2) Anyone has landed on the moon
    3) there is life outside of Earth

    If you are looking for proofs in life, then...be prepared for disappointment.
    You're just peeved because Daft Punk isn't on the poster, huh?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

  28. #28

    Default Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

    Quote Originally Posted by still_lurking View Post
    The biggest Coachella scalper of them all is Goldenvoice.

    Yes...I said it. Goldenvoice.

    Its a scheme for The Corporation all you little Coachellers bow down to every year.

    They sold many of their tickets through ticketmaster; however, the rest of the tickets that The Corporation will be selling their tickets is the secondary market -- Stubhub.com. This is a way for The Corporation to make more money off the Coachellers. They can sell tickets they usually sell for $285 on the secondary market for $285++++. Its a good market scheme and allows The Corporation to sell at different price points on your Coachellers demand curves.

    Awesome strategy by The Corporation. So when you Coachellers cry about scalpers, just remember that the biggest scalper of them all is the person (remember, Corporations are people too) putting on your event :-)
    I'm glad you broke all of this down...I've just been to lazy to type it all up.

    Seriously guys - he's right. I mean, it's still Coachella, and it's still gonna be hella fun - but if Goldenvoice (a subsidiary of AEG) can make 2 - 4 millions dollars more by selling to Stubhub...they will. Plain and simple. That's what they do - they make money. This isn't fuckin' Lighting In A Bottle, this isn't some fun little hippie fest...this is where the big boys come play.

    I wonder where Paul Tollett ate dinner tonight?
    Cooler than a polar bears toenails.

  29. #29
    Lurker ManInTheBowlerHat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

    I feel his pain. I was going to buy my wristband for last year's festival the day they sold out and and to up paying like $600 on Ebay in March. I literally had to endure months of bitterness before I finally was able to get a wristband. Then, I was still pissed knowing how much I had to pay. Needless to say, I did the layaway option this year... but it still sucks watching your friends scramble for a ticket.

  30. #30
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,732

    Default Re: The Real Coachella Scalpers

    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 70
    Last Post: 01-28-2011, 04:59 PM
  2. The REAL Reason Coachella is a SELL OUT
    By SPX_clothing in forum Polls
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-28-2011, 02:08 PM
  3. The REAL Reason Coachella is a SELL OUT
    By SPX_clothing in forum Polls
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-28-2011, 02:01 PM
  4. 2009 Really Real Super Real Headliners
    By PassiveTheory in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-13-2008, 11:24 AM
  5. stick it to the scalpers.....cancel Coachella!!
    By crazzz2007 in forum Passes
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-07-2007, 01:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •