Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: buying ticket on craigslist??

Default buying ticket on craigslist??

I need one ga week 1 pass.if i buy one off craigslist, how do i know if its realy? especially since wristbands dont get shipped till march..what is the whole process on buying tickets from other people? i just dont want to get ripped off..already got fucked by not getting my ticket(even though i was in the waiting area a minute before 10am -.-)

Default Re: buying ticket on craigslist??

Quote Originally Posted by pheelgood View Post
    I need one ga week 1 pass.if i buy one off craigslist, how do i know if its realy? especially since wristbands dont get shipped till march..what is the whole process on buying tickets from other people? i just dont want to get ripped off..already got fucked by not getting my ticket(even though i was in the waiting area a minute before 10am -.-)
    Last year there were people selling fake wristbands that looked IDENTICAL to the real ones... Proceed with caution, be prepared to get burned.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

Personally, I wouldn't buy Coachella tickets on craigslist... ever.

Quote Originally Posted by eMpTyFox View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't buy Coachella tickets on craigslist... ever.
    Basically, this.

last year the forum was filled with horror stories of people being defrauded by counterfeiter with incredibly realistic knock-off wristbands.

If you're absolutely buying one third party, get it through a ticket broker who will insure your purchase... at least it's not a total loss that way.

Stay away from Craig's List
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

i bought coachella tickets through craigslist the last two years. iv got fooled into buying a fake ticket in 2010 before they had rfid bracelets. i have a few good tips for you if youre thinking about purchasing tickets through craigslist.

Tip#1 if the tickets are advertised for below value or face value most likely its a fake! dont waste your time. no one will sell you their ticket below or face value when theres people out there willing to purchase for $400,$500,$600+ so if you do want to purchase the tickets real bad be ready to shell out $400+ off the bat.

Tip#2 dont buy anything until the bracelets are mailed out and when they are mailed out, look around google/coachella forum to see what they look like, how its described and what comes inside the package of the coachella bracelets.

Tip#3 ask the seller on craigslist to bring a receipt, email confirmation, and the entire package that was shipped out to them so you can see the complete order.

Tip#4 ask if you can meet up with the seller at their house (if they refuse, thats fine) just make sure when you do feel comfortable with the entire sale to ask the seller if you can see his/her identification or drivers license so you have a reference to who sold you the tickets. WRITE DOWN/TAKE A PICTURE OF THEIR INFORMATION, that way you dont get ripped off on fake coachella bracelets. and if they are fake at LEAST you'll have their name/home address/phone number (id even go as far as getting their license plate number). someone who has legit tickets and are trying to get rid of them wont be to hesitant on letting you know their personal info but someone who is trying to sell off some fake bracelets WILL. its always better to be safe and annoying then screwed over on the day of the festival.

the year i bought those fake tickets i didnt know they were fake until i arrived at the camp grounds with my entire car packed. when i found out they were fake i walked up and down the car line looking for anyone with an extra ticket. it was one of the most miserable feeling ever. not only had i got ripped off for $200 (below face value) but tickets were already sold out. luckily with 25 emails going out that night to craiglist sellers i was able to find someone willing to go to the front gates of coachella and sell me their extra ticket for $550!!! basically spending a total of $750 for coachella.

Tip#5 have the cash in hand when you make those phone calls to ticket sellers. your best bet is to let the seller know that you have the cash in hand and that youre willing to meet up with the person ASAP. if you think ticket sales go quick on here, those craiglist tickets get grabbed up real quick as well.

Tip#6 dont bother with craiglist sellers that dont have their phone numbers posted up. those transactions usually take longer cause youll be expecting for an email back. look for sellers with their phone # on their ads. quicker response, quicker transactions.

Tip#7 dont spend more than $700 on coachella tickets unless you have that kind of money to dispose. remember, theirs sasquatch music festival on may 25-28 thats cheaper and in a more beautiful scene (look up pictures) and lineup is usually decent + they have camping! also, theirs LIGHTNING IN A BOTTLE arts and music festival!

Tip#8 dont buy tickets off any secondary ticket sell websites unless its www.stubhub.com. no other site can be trusted, in my opinion.

so, thats about it. thats all the advice i have to offer. goodluck to you guys who plan on purchasing tickets off craigslist. see you guys there weekend 1 and weekend 2
    Last edited by pinkandbrown; 01-13-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Paragraphs motherfucker, do you use them?!

fuck your paragraphs

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

but how does he know its really?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

If tl;dr then just read his 3 and the first part of 4 to get the clue. Good luck

I wouldn't do it, at all. Period.

Last year I sold a wristband to a friend who wasn't attending with me, and I was panicked all weekend that they would get denied entrance and not be with me (the wristbands are tied to your name).... if I knew I was 100% legit and I was still worried about their security measures, buying from a stranger seems nuts.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

bonnaroo had an option to adjust the name attached to the wristband on their website once it was mailed to you, for that reason. i'm sure coachella could do it as well.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    bonnaroo had an option to adjust the name attached to the wristband on their website once it was mailed to you, for that reason. i'm sure coachella could do it as well.
    What Coachella are you thinking of?

It clearly states tickets are non transferable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    What Coachella are you thinking of?

It clearly states tickets are non transferable.
    Non-transferable and you don't know they're defective till you can't get in. Even if you know the original holder's name and phone #, what's the chance of having cell service in that 75k mosh pit?

I bought an extra ticket for my daughter's friend and I'm already worried that any problems and the teenage geniuses will be sitting outside the Polo Fields crying all day while I'm having a good ole time inside. And I've bought and sold tons of tickets online in the past. This is a whole new set of problems.

so i shouldn't buy $2700 worth of festival and camping passes off of craigslist? i mean they text me a pic of the tix and everything, so it seems legit. right?

I'm a Craigslist scalper...I say GO FOR IT.
    Cooler than a polar bears toenails.

Obviously a name is linked to the order, but lots of people buy multiple passes in one order (friends, family, etc.) Unless GV/Frontgate registers each wristband to a specific person at the time of order (haven't done that yet), there really isn't a name of a person associated with a wristband. They can (and did) link camping passes to the wristband(s) order.

It's hard to reduce scalping and protect festival goers against counterfeiters without reducing flexibility for legit purchasers too.

We bought one ticket and a camping ticket in separate purchases on Craigslist last year and each one was fine, and they sold at cost because they actually bought them to go and were unable to do so in the end. Not every ticket on Craigslist is fake but it is a risk.

What about if someone you know can't go and they want to sell you their ga pass? Can you contact Frontgate and give them your name and info so it clears?

I think you missed the point. There isn't a specific person's name attached to a specific wristband, so I don't see why you would need to contact Frontgate in the situation you describe. I suppose hypothetically there could be a situation where your wristband doesn't scan properly for some reason and the staff checks the serial number against the order, but that's really to see if the wristband wasn't already voided and replaced for some reason.

I'm NOT suggesting it's OK or risk-free to buy passes on craigslist.
    Last edited by Stickjohn; 01-14-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Ah! Thanks Stickjohn. I did miss the point. I haven't been in the years they've had wristbands. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

any ticket off craigslist is a scam ...100% scam.....
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Don't use Craiglist! Even with the precautions the seller can be long gone once the festival begins. Police will only do a cursory investigation because they have little to go on.

Another thing to watch for, which has been happening a lot in Vegas, is the seller agrees to meet you but the buyer is robbed at the meet place. A couple of nasty robberies, where buyers have driven to houses to meet the seller and got robbed. The houses were foreclosed properties.

Yeah maybe you should just goto Bonaroo or another festival that hasn't sold out yet buddy.

Coachella is sold out, accept it, and whoever that guy was who complained about not feeling entitled anymore with two weekends: It sold out even faster.

SO ENTITLED.

I have bought coachella tix off Craigs List and had no issues. Just gotta use your 6th sense in these things.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidL View Post
    I have bought coachella tix off Craigs List and had no issues. Just gotta use your 6th sense in these things.
    How the hell is seeing dead people going to help me out here?!?!?

Can't you meet up with the person and register your wristband online in person to assure that its legit?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekanawi View Post
    Can't you meet up with the person and register your wristband online in person to assure that its legit?
    Yup. Very public place with wifi and a laptop.

AND demand the entire Coachella package that came with it. Just an added hurdle for scalpers.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidL View Post
    Agreed! Got mine off craigslist, no problems. Decided to pay a little more to a legit seller, who provided plenty of proof of purchase. It is possible to find legit stuff on there!!

I just bought 3 tickets from Craigslist. The seller had the tickets inside the UPS package and his payment plan receipt. After purchasing I was still worried that he might have just re-sealed the packaging or something. Went home and registered the wristband and they are real! If I did that again I would try to register one at the meeting spot just to make sure.