Thread: James

Default Re: James

All I want is Sit Down. Please James!

Quote Originally Posted by SSFCPea View Post
    All I want is Sit Down. Please James!
    Signed.

Their set list changes greatly from one show to the next, most of the time they are still arguing about it until right before they come onstage to perform for the night. They have always been sticklers about having flow and progression of lyrics and music within an album in order for it to build up to something complete and get pretty PO'd at you if you listen to the songs out of order. In the same way, when they are picking songs across multiple albums for these shows, they most likely have some music/lyrical theme in mind that will influence their final set list. I can also pretty much guarantee that they that the set list for weekend 2 will be quite different as well... I'm going to be at their LA, Coachella, Tempe, Tuscon and San Diego shows, hope to see you all out there supporting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    But if he's coming out and saying something like this:

It doesn't seem to me like they give a shit about appeasing their casual fans. And because they haven't sustained success like Radiohead would make me think that gives them LESS a reason to play the song, out of disappointment that the United States treats them like a one hit wonder.

Though, there is a much better chance of them playing "Laid" than of Radiohead playing "Creep." That's for sure.
    Given their attendance figures, it appears that they have about 300 more-than-casual fans at any one venue. It would seem to me that they should turn those casual fans into something more. Bill Veeck (legendary baseball owner and showman) used to say something like "if you catered to only the most ardent fans, you'd go broke in a few weeks."

legendary. there are legends.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

James songs worth hearing and getting to know:
    Space
    Sound
    Born of Frustration
    Sometimes
    Out to Get You
    Fine
    Sit Down
    Come Home

They seem to have played Laid on all of their festival dates last summer. I would hope they know how to create a setlist for a festival crowd.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

BAM. Laid and Sit Down. What a great fucking set.