Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Arctic Monkeys

Default Re: Arctic Monkeys

Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Please do tell.

Did you guys play close attention to the first 7 songs on that setlist? Shit is gonna get cray! My god, people will get hurt at coachella if they open with those songs.

Well that's just unwise!
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    Did you guys play close attention to the first 7 songs on that setlist? Shit is gonna get cray! My god, people will get hurt at coachella if they open with those songs.
    That's why.
    "It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge"

I don't plan on getting too deep into the crowd.

did anyone see the arctic monkeys in 07'? I tink that was the year I saw most of their set.. I was eating my ice cream cone and they came on and I stayed the entire set - i highly recommend seeing dem. They were one of the better live bands that day.
    2001, 2004, 2007, 2009

2013 EDM wishlish (please):

classixx, stanton warriors, logistics, jefr tale
    spencer & hill, bent, eric prydz, mike realm, nick thayer
    kruder & dorfmeister, young punx, phonat, treasure fingers
    Kraak & Smaak, sergio & benoit, kris menace, bassjackers, DJ Craze
    DIGITALISM, knifeparty, chemical brothers, bassbintwins, seth troxler

Quote Originally Posted by joppy-slow View Post
    did anyone see the arctic monkeys in 07'? I tink that was the year I saw most of their set.. I was eating my ice cream cone and they came on and I stayed the entire set - i highly recommend seeing dem. They were one of the better live bands that day.
    Their crowd was really tame and mild in 07 though it was pretty fucking hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    LOL at people thinking AM pit is actually rough. This is not rage or tool. This is a bunch of hipster teens jumping around and pushing each other. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

I think Sushov was being sarcastic.

The most "dangerous" crowd I think I was in was Franz Ferdinand, back in '06, but it wasn't because the crowd was going crazy, it was because we were all crushed together and it was a hotchella. I was running pretty low on water.

I was towards the front for Arctic Monkeys at OSL, it was intense. Super crowded, like hard to breathe crowded, with lots of enthusiastic dancing. It wasn't Rage crazy, but it was still intense. The Black Keys were on after that and I had to bail because it was just too many people. The moral of the story is that this year, I will be content watching from a safe distance. That and I will have already seen them at the super tiny Glasshouse.

BTW, that set at Outside Lands was great!

I am really that the main goes Madness>Arctic Monkeys>Pulp
    So much British goodness

Lurker

The most dangerous crowd I was in was Pantera at the Aragon Ballroom in 1993 or 1994. I feel so old right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jefferie View Post
    Their crowd was really tame and mild in 07 though it was pretty fucking hot.
    I tend to agree with this. It was sunset though not super hot and I was toward the back dancing on the grass, but definitely a much more chill vibe then when I saw them at the Palladium the same year and had to cling onto a tall british dude in front of me to maintain any kind of balance in that rowdy crowd.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheClaw View Post
    I was towards the front for Arctic Monkeys at OSL, it was intense. Super crowded, like hard to breathe crowded, with lots of enthusiastic dancing. It wasn't Rage crazy, but it was still intense. The Black Keys were on after that and I had to bail because it was just too many people. The moral of the story is that this year, I will be content watching from a safe distance. That and I will have already seen them at the super tiny Glasshouse.

AM at Coachella 2007 was similar. It wasn't an overly aggressive crowd, but it was hot and crowded (especially b/c we ran out of water). We were within the first 10 rows and would have moved back a few rows, except for wanting to remain close for JAMC.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I'd rather see my own gruesome rape and subsequent beheading than see Rammstein.

i wish i could quote this entire forum.

this thread is awesome. all i can do is add praises to their awesomeness. i am so excited to see them live again, they seem like they have the most potential to get the crowd... fun.

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    I am really that the main goes Madness>Arctic Monkeys>Pulp
    So much British goodness
    I like the way you think. And maybe Mazzy Star during part of Pulp at the Outdoor.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

A couple years back i missed Coachella and tried to make up the weekend by watching The Arctic Monkeys at Pappy's and Harriets around the same area.

I just really hope the crowd shows up to dance.

RESPECT ARCTIC MONKEYS!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheClaw View Post

God, the crowd was so fucking packed at the main stage that afternoon. Then it cleared out and the crowd split half and half at night for Muse or Girl Talk. But Black Keys was the most packed crowd I've seen at Outside Lands, and I've gone since the first year.

AM played an awesome set that afternoon though. I'd been wanting to see them for 5 years. They played an awesome set, and so did the Black Keys. Great day of music on the main stage that day. Can't wait to see both these bands again at Coachella and again on their tour when they come to the Bay Area!
    -Zach

freshening up on my AM lyrics... going through the entire catalog at work today. This is still my number one set for the entire weekend.

Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    freshening up on my AM lyrics... going through the entire catalog at work today. This is still my number one set for the entire weekend.

Might want to stick to remembering the more recent/faster paced songs though. No chance of Riot Van being played!

Lurker

They should be ending their set right around sunset. Can't wait!

"When The Sun Goes Down" at sundown will be perfect. Very stoked for this set.

Why isn't Arctic Monkeys getting more attention? they are easily one of the top see acts at Coachella, and I know that they won't disappoint, but what bummed me was that I saw that the crowd was dead during the live webcast, I hope that the crowd at weekend 2 will be energetic or I'll be pissed.

I'll admit I wasn't too energetic during their set, but I enjoyed it a heck of a lot. It was one of the tops over the weekend in my opinion.

These guys are badass. The Drummer really made the show for me.

I would really appreciate a setlist for weekend 2.

Setlist for Weekend 2 was the same as Weekend 1.