Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Arctic Monkeys

Default Arctic Monkeys

Very much enjoyed their set in 07! So I'm very glad to see these boys back in the Polo Fields for 2012! Hope they play on the Main before The Black Keys.

Default Re: Arctic Monkeys

can't wait for this!

Saw them at Outside Lands last year. Ready to see them at night finally!
    -Zach

they're ridiculously amazing! i've seen them in two different settings, excited to see them at a festival!

Its gonna be tough to beat the UK fans singalong, but i can't wait to hear this song....

aaaaaahhhgagagagagagagagoooooooo

They are a good live band, very solid showmanship.

They're easily one of my favorite bands. I've probably seen them live at least five time thus far. They're a great live act! Alex Turner and Matt Helders (the drummer) are beasts.

they're honestly my number one favorite everything about them is amazing
    i've seen them four times and coachella will be number five
    i'm thinking of maybe going to oakland or sacramento to see them but that's so far /:

by the way, i fucking love that glasto video, the one of mardy bum from that performance too is fucking phenomenal

just, holy shit.

I hope they are on the main right before Pulp. That would be a great one-two punch for me.

i wonder what the crowd will be like in terms of size and temper
    i feel like their crowds can get rowdy but i don't know how crazy it'll be
    when i saw them at the hollywood palladium back in june i was EXHAUSTED by the end, i could barely hear, my voice was gone, i was so sore and sweaty and gross
    i got there early and we got pretty close but the intermission after the vaccines got crazy
    i couldn't breathe whatsoever so we had to move more toward the middle and when they went on, people were just pushing and shoving a lot but not horribly but i did see a lot of people who were running toward the back to escape the craziness up front
    there were certain spots in the crowd where it was worse but it was bearable

Quote Originally Posted by KidRobot View Post
    I hope they are on the main right before Pulp. That would be a great one-two punch for me.
    I can see this happening.
    The Knife - Beck - The Cult - Motorhead - QOTSA - Outkast - The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Pet Shop Boys - Temples - Crosses - Washed Out - The Preatures - Little Dragon - Mogwai - Broken Bells - Jon Spencer - Tiga - The Internet - Blood Orange - Naked and the Famous - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife

Quote Originally Posted by taylorf View Post
    they're honestly my number one favorite everything about them is amazing
    i've seen them four times and coachella will be number five
    i'm thinking of maybe going to oakland or sacramento to see them but that's so far /:

by the way, i fucking love that glasto video, the one of mardy bum from that performance too is fucking phenomenal

just, holy shit.
    For someone from Simi Valley, you have amazing taste. You help me to forget that your city was the one that fucked up on the Rodney King cops trial. Don't worry, your city is about to be liberated from the clutches of Congressman Elton Gallegy very soon.

i was not born and raised in simi. i hate it here. it's a horrible place to live considering many people here are jesus freaks and meth addicts, according to my friend who knows many people in simi. there's a house not too far from me that has the confederate flag hanging up on their porch.
    i only moved here about a year ago, but i was born & raised in woodland hills/tarzana, very near sherman oaks.
    besides the people i work with, i have yet to make friends in simi valley lol

Quote Originally Posted by KidRobot View Post
    yes plz

These guys make me feel old (26) cause their crowd is always 5-7 years younger than me and kick the shit out of me at their shows. Cannot wait to get a solid rock and roll beating yet again!

"Bite the lightning, tell me how it tastes."
    "It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge"

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    These guys make me feel old (26) cause their crowd is always 5-7 years younger than me and kick the shit out of me at their shows. Cannot wait to get a solid rock and roll beating yet again!

"Bite the lightning, tell me how it tastes."
    dude, mid-20's fucking rock. also people mosh @ arctic monkeys shows? that's what you meant by kick the shit out of you right?

Was obsessed with these kids in 07, saw them at Coachella & The palladium that year. Both awesome sets. Went off them a bit, but saw them at the Hollywood Bowl this summer and remembered why I used to like them so much. Great shows, catchy tunes. Their newest album is a lot better than their last and I really dig the neo-greaser stylings they're rocking these days even if it is affected as hell. Barring any conflicts (I am putting emphasis on seeing less repeat acts this year), I'd be down for another roll in the hay with Alex & Co. on the polo fields!
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

Yes. I'm just saying: I've been to a lot of hardcore and old school punk shows in my hey day. I can handle a rough crowd. I must be getting old cause the fucking mosh pitt for these guys is always insane. Coachella crowd won't be as nuts as their own shows, but I'd still expect some high energy from the band and crowd.
    "It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge"

Saw them in 07'.....right before the Jesus and Marychain if i remember correctly. They brought the house down ! Great set.

Arctic Monkeys are a must see for me.
    2012: Coachella Weekend Two & Roskilde

I was disappointed with Artic Monkeys when they played Cosmopolitan, Las Vegas. The set lacked balanced, I felt. They seemed to go through the motions of playing new stuff then switched to older material. When I saw them previous year at House of Blues they were amazing with a mixed set list.

Think I'd prefer them closing a stage.

Quote Originally Posted by tigermilkboy View Post
    I was disappointed with Artic Monkeys when they played Cosmopolitan, Las Vegas. The set lacked balanced, I felt. They seemed to go through the motions of playing new stuff then switched to older material. When I saw them previous year at House of Blues they were amazing with a mixed set list.

Think I'd prefer them closing a stage.
    I feel ya. I saw them twice last year and the first show in June was a bit lackluster. The second one was awesome. But, out of the many times I've seen them... only one of those shows was disappointing.

Saw them at OSL last year and had so much fun. The crowd was crazy. I hadn't been in a crowd like that in a very long time. I'm still kicking myself for not getting tickets for their Friday show at the Fillmore. Hopefully, they don't conflict with Pulp.

Pretty excited for their set, though I hope they play a good mix of songs from all their albums (esp the second, my favorite)... not a big fan of "Suck it and see" at all. But I still love them and they are amazing musicians. Their set in 07 was fantastic. I love all the members' various side projects too and I'm pretty sad that the ones that have been booked for Coachellas past always seem to drop out... (I know Last Shadow Puppets and Reverend and the Makers both had that happen..)
    Coachella 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011!!!, 2012 (w1), 2013 (w2), 2014! (w2)...

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Flowers are born to die, bro

I wouldn't mind seeing these two songs off their latest albums.

Lightbulb Re: Arctic Monkeys

Quote Originally Posted by TheClaw View Post
    Saw them at OSL last year and had so much fun. The crowd was crazy. I hadn't been in a crowd like that in a very long time. I'm still kicking myself for not getting tickets for their Friday show at the Fillmore. Hopefully, they don't conflict with Pulp.
    I would love to say you missed one hell of an intimate show, they were amazing at the fillmore...
    But the crowd was so lame that it took away some of the reason i love to see them live.
    Can't hate them for a crappy crowd though!

They are one of my must see acts, been a fan since high school.

library pictures is so great live. i think SIAS is so much better live than just listening to the album.
    and i agree with people saying that their shows get rowdy. when i saw them at the palladium back in june, it was pretty crazy in there.
    i really hope they switch up their setlist because it's been really predictable lately. their setlist has been practically the same since they started touring for SIAS. i'm hoping for something new.

Lurker

They're gonna blow everyone's minds seen them too many times now and can't wait to see them again