Thread: Baauer

Default Baauer

I know this song is probably mostly Just Blaze but the kid has probably learned a thing or two. I'm seeing them both on the 9th and will let you know how he is live.. but this track they put out is fucking huge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDEXUaAjh7E
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

Default Re: Baauer

saw him at day of the dead. dropped that shit like blaow. if you dig trap don't miss him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega man View Post
    Anybody know where I can find pics of when Magnetic Man had the crowd sit down. That moment was epic

Can anyone let me know if he'll play Harlem Shake during his set? I'll enjoy my 30 seconds of ______!

11/24 Interpol @ T5
    11/26 Joris Voorn @ Output
    11/28 & 29 Time Warp
    11/30 Run the Jewels @ Stage 48

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Can anyone let me know if he'll play Harlem Shake during his set? I'll enjoy my 30 seconds of ______!
    Please die and just don't go to his set if you are asking this question. I do not need my enjoyment of Baauer to be ruined by all the idiots who are going to be there just to hear that.

He kills it! If you are into electro/trap/dubstep/dirtyfilthy drops YOU CAN'T MISS HIM!

When I saw Baauer with Just Blaze in NYC they played Harlem Shake about 6 times, HIGHER about 9 times, and the RL Grime "Mercy" about 3 times. It was awesome, tbh. It was just after the peak of the harlem shake (mid February) and they had a long set mixing B2B, so IDK how indicative that is of what Baauer will do at a fest.

Baauer is an incredible producer, but he seems like he is new to Djing with Ableton. I could tell that he just ran out of prepared songs had to play the same songs over and over. Just Blaze KILLED it on the cdjs though. He has been touring ever since though, and I'm sure he has his festival sets down by now. Try to see him if you haven't seen him before.
    DRUGS ON KIDS

Quote Originally Posted by blizzair View Post
    Please die and just don't go to his set if you are asking this question. I do not need my enjoyment of Baauer to be ruined by all the idiots who are going to be there just to hear that.
    why is someone an "idiot" for wanting to hear a massively popular song?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

this dude cant/doesnt dj. prerecorded set/ableton. he didnt touch is laptop once, no headphones. what a piece of shit. he literally didnt do anything up there.

Isn't that what they all did? Moby put on a decent set, but he spent just as much time standing with his arms in the air seeking adolation.

The sad part was the set had no life to it. Every track sounded like a slight variation from Harlem Shake. I thought people said he was a decent producer and shouldn't be judged only off Harlem Shake. Well why not when everything he played sounded like that? Save for a short d&b lick he threw in towards the end there was no variety whatsoever. And doing an 'encore' to come back out and play Harlem Shake was just plain stupid and cheesy. He could've easily used a couple tracks to build into that and make it much more surprising and exciting.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

I had a blast at his set and so did everyone else that I overheard when it was over. Top 5 most fun sets of the weekend for me.

The best part of his set was the boob flash.

I popped into this set for a laugh expecting it to be dumb. I actually kind of liked it! It was silly & stoopid and we had a good 15 minutes of goofy fun in there.
    I've got no problems with trap music. It's way better than derpstep, which I didn't hear at ALL anywhere all weekend, thank God.

Forget Harlem Shake, this shit is awesome.

https://soundcloud.com/baauer/disclo...ou-me-ft-eliza
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Bauuer is LEGIT. Just like most of the time on these boards people are full of shit

Paul is dead

Update: When I saw them I realized how awful Baauer is. I liked that song he did with Just Blaze and some of his others are ok, but he's shit live.

After I left Jamie xx I rolled by the Sahara and stood far outside the tent waiting to meet a friend and Baauer was playing Harlem Shake and I saw people literally running to the tent. It looked like the most elaborate joke of the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

I expected him to do Harlem Shake for an extended length, or perhaps multiple times, but he really only brought it out at the very end, and it was abridged.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Yeah that Harlem Shake 'encore' where he just pressed play and watched people be stupid was very comical. I think he realizes how comical it is so it's a bit of irony in the way he played it.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella