Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: empire of the motherfucking sun

Default empire of the motherfucking sun

Was quite possibly one of the coolest shows I have ever seen live. I hate starting multiple threads but I didn't see any discussion about this visually stunning masterpiece of music. I hope you people witnessed this shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceArthur32 View Post
    what happens if someone makes a masturbation while i dancing so fast?
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Ohh are you laughing Lithium??! You are soooo cool. You know so much more than everyone else don't you? Nerd.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbellingham View Post
    Thanks for your comment, Major Asshole (Lithium )

Default Re: empire of the motherfucking sun

It was amazing!. I'm so glad I got to see EOTS. Definitely a highlight.

they were fantastic! loved them

they were so much fun
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Beyond awesome! Can't wait to tell everyone, but noone will believe me!

It could just be me but the volume seemed pretty low at Empire. Anyone concur?
    I'd do suprefan.

Awesome show. Lots of fun, lots of endearing weirdness.

I'dDoItAllAgain

Freakin' amazing, even from a distance. Loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by david.sound View Post
    It could just be me but the volume seemed pretty low at Empire. Anyone concur?
    The volume did seem low, especially compared to Crystal Castles on the same stage the night before. CC sounded loud and great, btw.

I was rolling for the first time at EotS. It was so overwhelming, I just wanted to run away. I was so scared until I hit a different wave in my high and then it became one of the happiest, most amazing shows ever.
    Reggae on the River 2010 - Coachella 2011 - Railroad Revival Tour 2011 - Explosions In The Sky 2011 - HARD Summer 2011 - Outside Lands 2011

Gahh, I was at Animal Collective and I overheard " I know everything thing about you, you know everything about me." I was fucking hating myself for missing that show! Still am
    Friday Lou Reed, Modest Mouse,Beach House,Infected Mushroom, Johnny Marr,Wolfgang Gartner, Four Tet, TNGT, Earl Sweatshirt, Lee Scratch Perry, Dam Funk

Saturday
    the XX, New Order, Knife Party, Violent Femmes, SMD, Major LAzer, 2 Chainz, Danny Brown, Booka Shade, Bingo Players, Pusha T, Trash Talk

Sunday
    RHCP, Nick Cave, Vampire Weekend, Social D, Wu Tang,Eric Prydz, Lumineers, James Blake, Grimes, Raider Klan, Roni Size, Smith Westerns

I'm not a huge fan of their music, I like a couple of remixes that have been done, but that's more cause of the artists who did the remixes (Shazam, Cassian, Treasure Fingers) then anything else... I don't hate it, I just don't find it exciting...

That said, I was really happy to have stayed right up front after B.A.D. for this. They put on an amazing live show and it's hard not to just be overwhelmed by it. I may not appreciate their music any more, but I certainly appreciate the level of production they put into their live sets!

I thought they entire set was awesome, at times a little slow....but man how many costume changes did their dances have?

Cheers to Empire for putting on a fantastic show. More bands should have put that kind of effort into making something fun to watch as well as listen to.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I REALLY tried to enjoy this set because what was happening on stage was fucking ridiculous, but where I was in the crowd i had landed on Planet Douchebag and it was fucking intolerable. i wanted to murder everyone around me. Only setof the whole weekend that was ruined for me by the crowd
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

A girl in our group had expressed interest in checking them out, so we saw the last two thirds or so of their set. I was blown away, thought they were fantastic. Not only was their production both conceptually fantastic and incredibly well executed, but their sound was amazing live. The singer's voice sounds even better live than it does recorded. An absolutely pleasant surprise and I would check them out again in a heartbeat.

its called space, dude-and we're goin there

Top three shows of the weekend for me. Was pretty much right up front, everyone around me was awesome and we were all complete strangers but we were dancing our asses off all together in unison.

Amazing CD. Amazing show. I couldn't tear myself away to catch Animal Collective. They brought the fire to Coachella.
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    Amazing CD. Amazing show. I couldn't tear myself away to catch Animal Collective. They brought the fire to Coachella.
    I love their album and had heard great things about their live show so I'm really bummed I didn't see them but I couldn't tear myself away from Animal Collective to go see EOTS. Animal Collective just hit the spot for me at the point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I REALLY tried to enjoy this set because what was happening on stage was fucking ridiculous, but where I was in the crowd i had landed on Planet Douchebag and it was fucking intolerable. i wanted to murder everyone around me. Only setof the whole weekend that was ruined for me by the crowd
    I have to agree that the crowd for this was SHITTY... We were pretty much right up front for Big Audio Dynamite and stayed for Empire of The Sun. Just before EotS took the stage I posted this to twitter:
    Difference between crowds for Big Audio Dynamite & Empire of The Sun? One's a gigantic asshole. I'll let you guess which (clue: hipsters)

I don't really like the band but Walking On A Dream sounded good as I was walking over to Arcade Fire

add me to the list of people who think the crowd practically ruined this set. we got there about 15 minutes before the start and had a really good spot, but right before they came on we decided to move to the back because of the people around us. one of the douchiest crowds i have ever been a part of.

Yeah some of the douches in that crowd started to make their way up to the front towards the end of BAD. I got the fuck out of there as soon as BAD was done.

Douche-bags indeed, they knew none of the songs except for Walking on a Dream...

Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Douche-bags indeed, they knew none of the songs except for Walking on a Dream...
    who cares what songs they knew? As long as people were there to be fun and share the moment with the crowd, then that's great...

What makes the people douchebags is how entitled they acted in every manner. And how they were just shitty to people around them... not whether they only knew one or two of the songs!

weird, everyone i was around did not act ''entitled'' and was very polite and chill. and knew more than just walking on a dream. i am curious as to what made the crowd you guys were around so unstandable?

yea, everybody around me was getting down hard and having a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by thewoodenman View Post
    weird, everyone i was around did not act ''entitled'' and was very polite and chill. and knew more than just walking on a dream. i am curious as to what made the crowd you guys were around so unstandable?
    I was right around the left rear speaker for the outdoor (a bit behind the handicap viewing thing) and EVERYONE in the vicinity was beyond annoying:

-dancing wildly with no respect for the people trying to watch stage, there was plenty of room for people to dance and they still had to invade my space and elbow me/run into me. Every time i tried to move up forward they just followed me and kepy mushing into me. Some shirtless bro covered in glitter was practically grinding on me no matter how i tried to move away

-eevry fucking asshole had these crazy powerful lazer pointer (many of them the ones that spread) and it was superdistracting

- most of these people wrren't even looking at the stage and were being loud as fuck the entire time.

i tried to tolerate it for as long as I could, but after 25 minutes I had to leave. I couldn't believe it. I didn't experience anything remotely like this during any other set the whole weekend. it was really weird.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

damn drinkey that sucks, i can get where you are coming from, those lazers did distract me too. they really need to check for those at security better cus they fuck everything up every time. if i ever see some one with one, i'm doing my best to snatch it and stomp it lol. we were about 30 feet in front of the handicap rail/set up thing on the left. everyone was paying complete attention to the band and being polite, so i am very sorry and sad to hear that others had a bad time at what was probably my favorite or second favorite set of the entire weekend.

Well, i guess i'm glad it wasn't that way for everyone. I may have just picked the absolute worst spot ever. but i was really happy with my view and the sound of the location there, so it seemed perfect. Oh well. One bad apple in an otherwise amazing entire grocery store.
    last.fm