Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ghostface

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Default Re: Ghostface

i'm excited for ghostface! and also want to see who else he brings with him, da wu never travels alone!
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

i wouldn't be surprised to see any member of the wu tang clan (more likely raekwon the chef) and mf doom

Love the man but until I see Ghost on the damn stage, I refuse to get excited. Dude is notorious for cancelling shows at the drop of a hat.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxxxxxxxx View Post
    The Coup will tear shit up. Best hip Hop group performing at the festival this year.
    without a doubt. Does anyone know if they perform any of their older stuff live?

Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I'm way excited for Ghostface, Lupe Fiasco, The Roots, and Brother Ali. I hope at least one of them is unconflicted, because I'll generally choose a rock act over hip hop act (live, I just think it's more interesting to watch).
    The Roots do not fit under that category, though. Their live show is every bit as good as any rock band out there. See them, conflicted or not.

Ghost is for sure the most exciting name on the hip-hop roster. I saw Busdriver in LA last year... it was cool to see him spit so fast, but he didn't "perform" all too well. Still, the likely Wu-cameos are one of the things I'm most looking forward to. It'd be badass if old Dirt, undead wise, rose from the ground and ate El-P.

right now ATX (that's Austin, TX for you squares)

they should get deltron 3030 ...even though they ain't together....they get get together for a show... immortal technique...
    dude i t would be awesome to get digital undergorund....hell they got RATM...i think aft there... coachella can get anyone.....oh wait except the smiths
    see kids, Lily Allen is proof, you can go from being a drug dealer in Ibiza, to a musical star, and eventually play at coachella

I've never seen him, but Del is kind of notorious for being weak live.

How about Dead Prez? Based on their footage from Chapelle's Block Party, I'd like to see more.

Quote Originally Posted by maddjester View Post
    they should get deltron 3030 ...even though they ain't together....they get get together for a show... immortal technique...
    dude i t would be awesome to get digital undergorund....hell they got RATM...i think aft there... coachella can get anyone.....oh wait except the smiths
    ...and Portishead.

Some other hip hop acts I would like to see (I know some have played previous years)

Rza
    Pigeon John
    Sage Francis
    Immortal Technique
    Abstract Rude
    Blackilicious
    Common Market
    Dead Prez
    Trick Daddy
    Outkast

excited that the Roots and the Coup are playing on the best day though...

i think MURS would be nice again.

any MF DOOM sideproject ( king ghidora, metalfingers, vick vaughan, madvilain, DANGERDOOM etc...) or People Under The Stairs. Living Legends would be dope too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CiderMouseRules View Post
    I've never seen him, but Del is kind of notorious for being weak live.
    del was pretty dope @ rock the bells.

but wu-tang killed @ rock the bells. im pretty sure other members of the wu will be there....

I'd like to see the reunited Ultramagnetic MC's. The hip hop is really lacking on saturday...

Banned

pharoahe monch will put ghostface to shame. I still love Ghosty but Pharoahe's live shows are insane with energy. He will have the crowd going crazy.

I'm digging the hip hop so far (Pharaohe Monch, Ghostface, Roots, Brother Ali, etc.). Its nice that they're integrating more and more every year.

Since we know they're adding more, I'd like to request:

Haiku D'etat
    Crown City Rockers
    Hiero
    and bring back Lyrics Born

wat about dan the automator? or sage francis would be sick, or maybe tech n9ne?

Sage played either last year or the year before. He was good.

sage played 2004 and 2005.
    i say no to lyrics born, totally disappointed at coachella.
    we need a hip-hop "headliner".
    in addition to the roots, we need public enemy, ultramagnetic mc's, atcq, and/or wu-tang.
    "That's the most gangster punk rock shit out there."- Z-Trip showing his love for Paul Tollett