Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 49

Thread: Ghostface

  1. #1

    Default Ghostface

    Who's excited to see Ghostface perform. I know I am. It will be a nice change from the norm of the festival.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Ghostface

    I'm VERY excited for Ghostface.

    I wish there was more hip-hop in the lineup.

  3. #3
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Ghostface

    Yeah every year a certain genre kind of suffers and Hip Hop did this year which dissapoints me. I want to see Ghostface, The Roots and Lupe Fiasco if possible...

  4. #4

    Default Re: Ghostface

    hell ya! ghostface is gonna be sick! wu tang clan aint nothin to FUCK with...

  5. #5
    Citizen Erased idrive1life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,176

    Default Re: Ghostface

    i'm excited but hopefully i have time to see him

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,664

    Default Re: Ghostface

    yeah, actually i dont think any of the hip hop acts are really any good this year, El-P is the exception, but even he isnt that good in my opinion.

    Where's Madlib, MF Doom, A Tribe Called Quest, Public Enemy, or Afrika Bambaataa?

  7. #7
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Ghostface

    I was slightly wishing for Wu Tang for a sec, that wouldve been near the top of the line up though.... Where is Saul Williams? Isnt he putting another record out?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Ghostface

    Oooh! Saul Williams would be fantastic!

  9. #9
    old school whynotsmile99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    LA, but I miss Ventura
    Posts
    5,304

    Default Re: Ghostface

    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    yeah, actually i dont think any of the hip hop acts are really any good this year, El-P is the exception, but even he isnt that good in my opinion.

    Where's Madlib, MF Doom, A Tribe Called Quest, Public Enemy, or Afrika Bambaataa?

    fatlip and pigeon john would be great for coachella. and where the hell is blackalcious. I could have sworn i saw somewhere they were confirmed. have they played coachella before?

  10. #10
    Member xxxxxxxxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    997

    Default Re: Ghostface

    The Coup will tear shit up. Best hip Hop group performing at the festival this year.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Ghostface

    I hear that Raekwon might make a special appearence to promote Cuban Links 2

  12. #12

    Default Re: Ghostface

    Oh God. I'd love if 'kwon came down.

  13. #13
    Member drowningmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    730

    Default Re: Ghostface

    Raekwon stayed at the hotel I work at about 5 weeks ago. Got to met him and U god. Super cool dudes, real friendly.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    THE INLAND EMPIRE
    Posts
    92

    Default Re: Ghostface

    busdriver.......

  15. #15

    Default Re: Ghostface

    I wanted the fugees to play this year but, maybe next year...and I agree The Coup and the Roots are best hip hop acts this year

  16. #16

    Default Re: Ghostface

    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    Where's Madlib, MF Doom, A Tribe Called Quest, Public Enemy, or Afrika Bambaataa?
    I saw Tribe last year and it was pretty underwhelming, I gotta say. Pfife sounded pretty bad, and Tip wasn't quite his old self either, plus they've got no new material whatosver. Wouldn't mind seeing Doom again, but he's been there twice recently.

    Overall, I think Ghost, Roots, Pharoahe, Lupe and The Coup is a nice start on the hip-hop side. How about Cannibal Ox and Deltron while we're at it?

  17. #17

    Default Re: Ghostface

    I'm way excited for Ghostface, Lupe Fiasco, The Roots, and Brother Ali. I hope at least one of them is unconflicted, because I'll generally choose a rock act over hip hop act (live, I just think it's more interesting to watch).

  18. #18

    Default Re: Ghostface

    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    Maybe a little rusty?
    For sure, but Pfife's voice sounded pretty jacked up in general, like in a it's not gonna get any better kinda way. I went in totally psyched up for the show, but without any new tunes it kinda felt like a big cash grab. Plus they only played for like 45 minutes, as headliners!

    edit: what's up with this board? why did my reply go above the message I was replying to?

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,664

    Default Re: Ghostface

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAmeche View Post
    I saw Tribe last year and it was pretty underwhelming, I gotta say. Pfife sounded pretty bad, and Tip wasn't quite his old self either, plus they've got no new material whatosver. Wouldn't mind seeing Doom again, but he's been there twice recently.

    Overall, I think Ghost, Roots, Pharoahe, Lupe and The Coup is a nice start on the hip-hop side. How about Cannibal Ox and Deltron while we're at it?

    hmm....really? Maybe a little rusty?

    I dont care about new material so much since i love their old stuff.

    question: does or did Madlib ever tour being his alter ego Quasimoto?

    ps. Deltron would be sweet too!

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,664

    Default Re: Ghostface

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAmeche View Post
    For sure, but Pfife's voice sounded pretty jacked up in general, like in a it's not gonna get any better kinda way. I went in totally psyched up for the show, but without any new tunes it kinda felt like a big cash grab. Plus they only played for like 45 minutes, as headliners!
    man, im kinda bummed to hear all this, i was really hopping they would make a strong comeback. I suppose good things cant always last.

  21. #21
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    28,099

    Default Re: Ghostface

    Ghostface will kill
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  22. #22

    Default Re: Ghostface

    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    man, im kinda bummed to hear all this
    I'm probably making it sound worse than it was. I mean, it was still cool in a nostalgia kinda way to hear "Award Tour" and "Check the Rhime" and so on and see those dudes interacting on stage again, but it wasn't the be-all end-all reunion I wanted it to be. I'd probably still wander over to see them at a festival, though.

  23. #23
    Member NoGwenPlease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tempe Aidz / Team Diamnd
    Posts
    676

    Default Re: Ghostface

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAmeche View Post
    Wouldn't mind seeing Doom again, but he's been there twice recently.

    when the fuck was doom at coachella before 05?

    i call bullshit and you an idiot.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Ghostface

    Quote Originally Posted by NoGwenPlease View Post
    when the fuck was doom at coachella before 05? i call bullshit and you an idiot.
    2004, nighttime, outdoor stage - late add, didn't make the poster. eat me

  25. #25

    Default Re: Ghostface

    ghostface should (and hopefully will) bring other members of the wu with him as a suprise

  26. #26

    Default Re: Ghostface

    I'm so pumped about Ghostface.

    ...but Deltron would be really really really awesome.

  27. #27
    Member NoGwenPlease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tempe Aidz / Team Diamnd
    Posts
    676

    Default Re: Ghostface

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAmeche View Post
    2004, nighttime, outdoor stage - late add, didn't make the poster. eat me
    doom can come every year if perry farrell can.

    as every different group he's been in.

    don't run away from the chat sissy boy

  28. #28

    Default Re: Ghostface

    Quote Originally Posted by triceratopp View Post
    ghostface should (and hopefully will) bring other members of the wu with him as a suprise
    He's been playing sets with Raekwon lately, so that seems fairly likely. GZA would be a nice surprise, but kinda doubtful.

  29. #29

    Default Re: Ghostface

    I second Blackalicious, Dilated Peoples would be cool too.

  30. #30
    Member davidsaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    81

    Default Re: Ghostface

    how about adding Madvillain? they have a new album coming out this year.

    or maybe MF Doom will just join Ghostface, they have a new album, Swift & Changeable, coming out in february.

    Either way, Ghostface is going to be ace!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •