Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coachella to be 3 weekends in 2013

Default Re: Coachella to be 3 weekends in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by witham View Post
    Why don't they just raise the ticket price? Scalped tickets for 600 right. The equilibrium price now if they hold both weekends must be somewhere between 400 and 600.
    Shhhhhh. None of that.
    1 Coachella before I got sober, 7 since. I support both versions. If you wanna do the sober version, roll with us:
    Click Soberchella 2013 for meeting details
    -------------------------------

It might be possible they are planning an EDM festival to compete with Insomniac. Just my opinion. Nothing to back it up other than Insomniac is going unchallenged in So Cal (I don't count Hard because it is an entirely different vibe / show). Big bucks in the untz untz untz these days.
    Four Tet - Mohawk - 3/1
    Mac Demarco - Mohawk - 4/13

Quote Originally Posted by hippityhip View Post
    It might be possible they are planning an EDM festival to compete with Insomniac. Just my opinion. Nothing to back it up other than Insomniac is going unchallenged in So Cal (I don't count Hard because it is an entirely different vibe / show). Big bucks in the untz untz untz these days.
    That's what my friends and I think. GV already does Country music, and has hosted Heavy Metal, and Punk Rock concert/festivals. I wouldn't be surprised if they host an all EDM festival. That's where all the money is these days

^ Indeed. By taking a look at past Coachella line ups and this years you can be sure Goldenvoice can pull any EDM act they want from obscure to mega popular. I can see a two day EDM festival going down. Goldenvoice has the ability and potential to one-up Insomniac.
    Four Tet - Mohawk - 3/1

I'd also like to add the fact that if Goldenvoice doesn't do a big EDM festival in that new spot in Irvine they will be missing out on a gold mine. Insomniac has amazng production and quality acts no doubt. I think they fail in the fact that they use the same venue (NOS) over and over and over and over again that it gets to be boring. They also are lacking in creativity. Look at their parties you have Beyond Wonderland, Nocturnal Wonderland, Escape Wonderland, Winter Wonderland. I mean how many more fucking Wonderlands to we have to go to? The one party they DID have that was much different and amazing in LA was EDC but now that has been outsourced to Vegas leaving imo a big hole for a destination EDM festival in So cal. That my friends is where Goldenvoice can step in. Just my thoughts anyways...
    Four Tet - Mohawk - 3/1

the Great Park in Irvine may work out they have a festaval grounds place on the ground already or oak creek near irvine lake would work out if they where to have a fest out in the park and lots of concerts in the great park. oak creek would not be unlikely they have the pacifc fest there and a few other mutie day events there irvine desprtly needs to stop sucking up to the irvine co

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    AND FRIDAY AND SATURDAY GO UNTIL SUNRISE!!!!!!!!!
    I like the way you think dahg.

Are people actually taking this thread seriously? Hilarious.
    "It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge"

Well what are we supposed to think? At this rate next year tickets are going to sell out in the presale right after the festival. I'd rather they raise the price of a ticket than institute some sort of lottery.
    '10, '11, '12.1, '13.1, '14.1

Quote Originally Posted by tmac View Post
    daft punk coachella residency april 2013
    haha this

Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Why not relocate the festival to bigger, more accomodationg venue/site?
    They would have to change the name if the venue was somewhere else. LAME!

Not gonna happen. My thought is back to one weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by tigermilkboy View Post
    More likely they would do a new festival....probably Great Park, Irvine
    that would be cool, i live 30 seconds away

Quote Originally Posted by glacealamode View Post
    Guys I just heard from a trusted source that works for GV that they are in negotiations with the polo grounds to just BUY the grounds and have Coachella year round, every weekend. EVERY. SINGLE. WEEKEND. She says that because of the legal implications including but not limited to this decision's effect on local tourism and sound curfew laws, it might not be until next year that this goes through. I can't wait!
    I heard that GV actually did purchase the Polo fields recently. Anyone know if there is truth to that?
    --->Living-Silver.com <---

They bought the fields, the proff is in the Misc. Babble section and several articles about the past two weekends have mentioned the purchase. The year round thing is, however, bull.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Weekchella is real.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by Living Silver View Post
    I heard that GV actually did purchase the Polo fields recently. Anyone know if there is truth to that?
    They bought 280 acres of land that includes Eldorado Polo Club, but they did not purchase the Empire Polo Club.

i heard 2 weekends of coachella and 2 for stagecoach and another festival of some sort

NO WAY IN HELL does Coachella sell out both weekends during presale before the lineup comes out. Even with its popularity, Coachella is driven by its lineup. I dont see why people think this is going to happen, and its seems as if the majority of people think this will occur.

They think this will occur due to scalpers making a speculative bet. I have heard that a lot of scalpers got burned last year though. Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by rasooli View Post
    NO WAY IN HELL does Coachella sell out both weekends during presale before the lineup comes out. Even with its popularity, Coachella is driven by its lineup. I dont see why people think this is going to happen, and its seems as if the majority of people think this will occur.
    Based on the demand for this year, don't be too sure.

^I didn't buy in presale this past year and ended up paying $475 on Craigslist because I couldn't get tickets because too many people were in the queue, so it doesn't really matter if presale sells out or not, you're not guaranteed a ticket just for showing up anymore.

Glastonbury sells out before the acts are announced
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Because Glastonbury is hands down the best and most prestegious music festival in the world. Coachella is up there (probably in the top 5), but its not at that level yet.

Would you believe they could have sold out a 3rd weekend this year if they were selling one?

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Would you believe they could have sold out a 3rd weekend this year if they were selling one?
    I think they wouldnt but it would be close. They would definitely make a profit though.

I believe yes, if they had added a 3rd weekend due to the instant sell out of the first two, but a lot of extra tickets would be for sale under face the week of the show, just like weekend 2 this year. A lot of scalpers who held out for big money got burnt, while the ones who made a quick 150 per ticket came up right during Feb-early March.

Coachella is pretty much selling out in presale for the first weekend, but I feel like the music isn't standing up as strong as it used to. That could definitely affect attendance of the folks who have been to the festival in the golden age, but with how popular Coachella is now, they can probably keep selling two weekends out. International folk with money are spending it on trips to America.

Quote Originally Posted by rasooli View Post
    I think they wouldnt but it would be close. They would definitely make a profit though.
    "There were enough buyers in queue to buy online that we probably could have added another two Coachella weekends, and another Stagecoach weekend," said Randy Phillips, president of AEG Live

but by all means, wait for the lineup.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

guessing that doesn't take into account the people who were on multiple computers with multiple windows open, as well as groups of friends who were trying for each other but once one person got through the rest dropped out of line.

with or without that quote, Ive felt that weekend one will sell out presale. I dont believe it will ever become 3 weekends, i was simply backing up what ivankay was saying.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -