Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camping passes are non transferable by themselves.

Default Camping passes are non transferable by themselves.

Camping passes are non transferable by themselves. They will only work when scanned with the festival pass it was ordered with originally.
    How strict do you guys think this is going to be? How will they even enforce this unless your GA ticket number is printed on the camping pass or something?

Default Re: Camping passes are non transferable by themselves.

I'm curios about this as well, but all we can do is wait and see. I'm certain that the website will be updated with this information soon.
    When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power…like God must feel when he’s holding a gun.

The passes and wristbands all have bar codes and are scanned.

From another thread:

"Please note: Camping passes are non transferable by themselves. They will only work when scanned with the festival pass it was ordered with originally. If you bought multiple festival passes and one camping pass, the camping pass will only be valid with the first one from your group that arrives. This is to help thwart scalping of camping passes and making camping available to actual onsite campers."
    When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power…like God must feel when he’s holding a gun.

I'm sure they'll clarify this as it gets closer, but that quote is a little confusing. "they'll only be valid with the first one from your group that arrives" ... so what if security scans someone's wristband first before scanning the wristband of the person who bought the camping pass? As in, if there are 4 people in a car waiting to go in, only one persons wrist band will correlate to that camping pass and if security doesn't scan that person's pass first, then they're screwed?

That can't be the case. I'm confident this won't be a problem come April, because that makes no sense. I'm sure it's something more along the lines that as long as someones pass in the car matches the camping pass you're all good.

any wristband from the order will work with the camping pass. will only scan once so you can't go out and come back in and get another spot with another wristband from the order. what is there to clarify?

Makes sense sir, but I think the idea was that the four people had ordered separately (and one of them had bought the camping pass.)

It should still be fine - people just need to be aware who purchased the camping pass and make sure that person is there first or at the same time as the others.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    any wristband from the order will work with the camping pass. will only scan once so you can't go out and come back in and get another spot with another wristband from the order. what is there to clarify?
    So if you bought 4 tix + camping pass, somehow the camping pass will know which 4 tix exactly were from the same order?

Quote Originally Posted by mmsk123 View Post
    So if you bought 4 tix + camping pass, somehow the camping pass will know which 4 tix exactly were from the same order?
    No, the camping pass will not know which tics were from the same order. But Goldenvoice's computers do/will. As will the scanners that security will be using to check your camping pass and festival passes. Is this really that hard to comprehend?

Was scalping of camping tickets actually a problem, as opposed to scalping of festival tickets? *puzzled look*

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Ahhhh, the rudeness of the messages boards is certainly a welcome reprise from the idiocy of the facebook page!!

There's nothing to clarify from your post. I was posing a different angle from which to view this "issue" from. Stickjohn hit the nail on the head in that I can see it causing issues in the security lines if people aren't made aware that they're camping pass will be invalidated if the proper wrist band isn't scanned first.

I don't personally have an problem as I ordered my camping pass with my wristband, so there's no confusion on my end, just someone pointing out something that could become an issue, that's all!

Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post
    Was scalping of camping tickets actually a problem, as opposed to scalping of festival tickets? *puzzled look*
    Yes. Camping passes have always been the biggest problem from a scalping standpoint. They are cheaper than festival passes and there are far less to go around. In previous years I believe you could buy as many as 8 camping passes on a single order, and there were people selling them for 10x face value. This needed to be done.

well i'm screwed then. not that i want to scalp mine, but my friend and i were both trying for tickets all morning and apparently both got car camping passes for weekend two. i was only able to pull up one festival pass, as was she. obviously we don't need two car camping passes, nor will we even be able to use both spaces since we're going in one car. i was going to just sell it for face or best offer...and now...bah.

Quote Originally Posted by imapixie View Post
    well i'm screwed then. not that i want to scalp mine, but my friend and i were both trying for tickets all morning and apparently both got car camping passes for weekend two. i was only able to pull up one festival pass, as was she. obviously we don't need two car camping passes, nor will we even be able to use both spaces since we're going in one car. i was going to just sell it for face or best offer...and now...bah.
    One of you can trade your festival pass + car camping pass to someone else for a weekend 2 festival pass + cash. Problem solved.

It's several months away. You can easily find some people willing to buy that camping pass from you that are also willing to drive in with you at the same time so that they could actually use it.

Or what bobert said.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    One of you can trade your festival pass + car camping pass to someone else for a weekend 2 festival pass + cash. Problem solved.
    I thought of that, then I read on the frontgate facebook that all someone would have to do to make their wristband not valid is call and report it stolen...I'm scuuuurrreeeddd...

Well then do what I said. Problem solved. If you put out an ad or even just on facebook to your personal friends that says "Hey I have an extra car camping pass for sale - the catch is, we have to meet up and drive in together and be neighbors all weekend" you'll still sell that thing easily. Unless you're a douche and no one wants to be your neighbor.

And also back to bobert's idea - just trade with someone you know personally that won't scam you. Everyone has friends going to Coachella that aren't in their groups - there's a good chance you know someone personally that can trade with you.
    Last edited by ManImCool; 01-13-2012 at 03:37 PM.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen

Quote Originally Posted by imapixie View Post
    I thought of that, then I read on the frontgate facebook that all someone would have to do to make their wristband not valid is call and report it stolen...I'm scuuuurrreeeddd...
    You're right. There is no logical or reasonable solution to your problem.

There are bound to be issues with this. My husband purchased one ticket and one camping pass but now he has to fly down to Palm Springs and not arrive until Friday and will take a shuttle or something for a ride from the airport to the venue. The rest of us are driving down in multiple cars and want to arrive on Thursday morning so we need to work it out for one of us to be able to use his camping pass because we will have his vehicle. We will call next week and see what can be done. The rules change each year it would seem.

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    Well then do what I said. Problem solved. If you put out an ad or even just on facebook to your personal friends that says "Hey I have an extra car camping pass for sale - the catch is, we have to meet up and drive in together and be neighbors all weekend" you'll still sell that thing easily. Unless you're a douche and no one wants to be your neighbor.

And also back to bobert's idea - just trade with someone you know personally that won't scam you. Everyone has friends going to Coachella that aren't in their groups - there's a good chance you know someone personally that can trade with you.

I shall try. *crossing fingers* I'm not a douche...I'm pretty friendly. Thanks!

I will trade with you! I have a weekend two 3 day pass, but did not get the car camping with it unfortunately. We could figure out a way to exchange!!!! I am in your exact opposite position, so that would make my dreams come true! Since I can't just buy a car camping pass alone now that I already have my normal ticket. Please let me know, I am very serious and very trustworthy!

Cool Re: Camping passes are non transferable by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by crunkchick96 View Post
    Please let me know, I am very serious and very trustworthy!
    I Like how your name is "crunk chick".

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I can't see them turning you down if you show up with a legit camping pass if it isn't under your name. Who knows though

Quote Originally Posted by moxie990 View Post
    Ahhhh, the rudeness of the messages boards is certainly a welcome reprise from the idiocy of the facebook page!!
    Aint that the truth.
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

Quote Originally Posted by Inthecolumbiagorge View Post
    There are bound to be issues with this. My husband purchased one ticket and one camping pass but now he has to fly down to Palm Springs and not arrive until Friday and will take a shuttle or something for a ride from the airport to the venue. The rest of us are driving down in multiple cars and want to arrive on Thursday morning so we need to work it out for one of us to be able to use his camping pass because we will have his vehicle. We will call next week and see what can be done. The rules change each year it would seem.
    Extremely easy solution...

You give your husband your wristband (one not linked or solely linked to a camping pass)

Your husband gives you the camping pass and his wristband it's linked to

Problem solved.
    ______
    1999, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

I'm bumping this thread because of the number of solo car camping passes I see on eBay/Stubhub. People are buying these up but from the way things look they'll be turned down. I see this being a big disaster for the people buying them and getting turned away as well for those selling them on Stubhub (unknowing of the non-transferability).
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

The people buying will be taken care of by stubhub via their guarantee. Those selling deserve to be screwed. Their own problem for not reading the restrictions before trying to scalp.
    ______
    1999, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by dancefreak View Post
    The people buying will be taken care of by stubhub via their guarantee. Those selling deserve to be screwed. Their own problem for not reading the restrictions before trying to scalp.
    The people buying will NOT be taken care of by Stubhub. How can Stubhub help you when you have no place to stay? Big fucking deal, you've gotten your money back. You think they will refund what you paid for the wristbands as well because you've been turned away? Howabout no place to park your car overnight? Unfortunately there is nothing Stubhub can do to make you whole here.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

While I think something like this was necessary, I'm imagining it causing quite the clusterfuck in the security check in lines for car camping. So many people are going to get to the front of the line in their cars and have their camping pass fail because they're not with the original purchaser.

Now if everyone read the instructions carefully and followed the rules accordingly, there wouldn't be much of an issue. But as we all know, and coachella's facebook page will attest to, the large majority of people are idiots. Here's to arriving early Thursday!

This is the first year I can remember that Camping passes did not sell out before festival passes.