Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: THE DO LAB 2012

old school

Default Re: THE DO LAB 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitrix View Post
    They need to bring Flying Lotus back to the doolab week 2 to make up for this Two Fingers and Machinedrum crap :\ Those 2 names alone destroy week 2.

Flying lotus would be the perfect starpower for week 2 to balance it out, and he could do it for old times sake
    Flying lotus has never played the do lab. And he would be too big to play it now, has been for a few years..
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

http://thedolab.com/blog/2012/03/29/...oachella-2012/ Has this been posted?

Week 1 Do Lab
    CHRISB. / CHRISTIAN MARTIN / DAVID STARFIRE / DERU / GLADKILL / GOLDRUSH / HOPSCOTCH / IDIOT SAVANT / INSPIRED FLIGHT / JOBOT / JUPIT3R / KRADDY / MACHINEDRUM / NASTYNASTY / NIT GRIT / PATRICIO / PUMPKIN / R/D / RUSS LIQUID / SALVA / SAMMY BLISS / STEPHAN JACOBS / SUGARPILL / TWO FINGERS / WORTHY

The only 2 I give a shit about are NOT on the weekend 2 lineup. Haha!
    Last edited by thedevious; 03-31-2012 at 08:21 AM.
    Years Attended:

Oh, well I guess Weekend 2's lineup sucks since you only care about Machinedrum and Salva.

And yes the lineups were posted like 5 pages ago. What do you think all of us have been discussing for the past few days?

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    Oh, well I guess Weekend 2's lineup sucks since you only care about Machinedrum and Salva.

And yes the lineups were posted like 5 pages ago. What do you think all of us have been discussing for the past few days?
    Your a sad stupid cunt.
    Years Attended:

Your mother

Quote Originally Posted by thedevious View Post
    Your a sad stupid cunt.
    And you're an illiterate dope who can't be bothered to take a second to read back a bit before posting redundant information.
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

This really hurts... 11 names on weekend one I would be incredibly excited to see... only 2 on weekend 2.

Guess there will be a lot of new DJ discoveries for me this year... anybody have weekend 2 suggestions to alleviate this pain?

aaronbk

But weekend two get David satori and Sidecar tommy of beats antique. We get like three beats antique sets!!!

...oh the lolz

only people Im really stoked for at the lab weekend two are: Griz, ill-esha, jupit3r(this guy is really good), love n light, lowriderz, minnesota, and ruff hauser(also really good). I have seen all of this fools except one or two. There are a couple names i duno. Listen to quade right now. Some alright midtempo.

jupit3r sounds like the do lab
    Stevie Wonder, Jurassic 5!!, Magnetic Man, Pogo, Tycho, Tears for Fears 2013

Coach 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13(1)
    Sasquatch 12
    Lolla 11(Chile)
    VOODOO 11
    Street Scene 07,08,09
    Rock the Bells 07

Nit Grit for Weekend 1 and ill-esha and minnesota for weekend 2

could people post some videos from the artist's performing week 1 in the do lab. would like to find some new tunes to play. any favorites of these artists would be great.

I'll be seeing Minnesota, opening for Paper Diamond, in a week. I'll let everyone know how the show is.

Quote Originally Posted by Genowarp View Post
    could people post some videos from the artist's performing week 1 in the do lab. would like to find some new tunes to play. any favorites of these artists would be great.
    People have already posted videos from artists performing weekend one.

Stop being lazy and just go back in the thread.

So I am really into Worthy, what Do Lab artists are similair that I should be checking out? Thank you Bassheads, I need some more derpy-derp.

Christian Martin.

And for not similar check out Machinedrum and Salva.

Those are probably the only people on the lineup I am familiar with. Besides seeing Patricio twice a day every year. Haha, thanks though.

aaronbk

Why do people find it so hard to research for themselves? I mean really? Come on search the artist names and they have there music all over the net. Listen see if you like it. I understand asking about how they perform and shit and sound live. But you people cant type a name in youtube, or soundcloud, or bandcamp, or facebook. LE SIGHHHH

Eh. It's a daunting task in a lot of ways. I at least have felt like I have come to respect a lot of people's musical tastes on this board, so when they recommend certain artists (and have something to say about them initially as a starting point for me) I feel like it's a good starting point. It's sort of the essence of what sharing musical interests is about.

8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

aaronbk

Honstly, I dont care for many of your guys musical taste. Tech house, And other annoying boring dance music, and indie music. But I for some reason love coming on the boards. Plus you boardies are funny, could swear I have heard these words come out of one of your guys mouth before. So Guedita, care to help show us some VIDS of do lab artist this year, dont know where to start. My google search bar is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    Flying lotus has never played the do lab. And he would be too big to play it now, has been for a few years..
    ah you're right. He played the dome in 2009, and the campgrounds in 2010 though. Thats what I was thinking of.

Amon Tobin is too big for the dolab but he's there as Two Fingers. I'm sure they could find a way for someone like Flylo to play a DJ set there instead of a "full live show" like he's doing now with Thundercat, etc.

I just wish week 2 had at least one recognizable name for me :P Guess I just need to do my research

russ liquid weekend one! i stumbled into his do lab set last year and was blown away. he plays a live horn into his mix!

There are some rad mixes on his soundcloud as well

Quote Originally Posted by aaronbk View Post
    Why do people find it so hard to research for themselves? I mean really? Come on search the artist names and they have there music all over the net. Listen see if you like it. I understand asking about how they perform and shit and sound live. But you people cant type a name in youtube, or soundcloud, or bandcamp, or facebook. LE SIGHHHH
    I do a rediculous amount of music research myself. It's like a part time job keeping up with new music while also researching what's been done in the past (albeit a job that's really fun and rewarding). There are alot of Do Lab artists this year I have not heard of, especially since I am going both weekends. I am checking them out on my own. However, one of the best ways to check out music is through those with similair tastes. So if I like Worthy, there may be a couple other artists some other boardie could point me towards saving me some time from listening to alot of stuff I don't particularly care for. There are like 50 artists playing the Do Lab this year, if I gave each just a modest 10 minutes it would take over 8 hours just "skimming the surface." Just looking for a quicker way to some more beats I will enjoy. What I don't understand is why so many people waste everyones time by making such unproductive comments.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronbk View Post
    in the time it took you to write that stupid paragraph, you could have posted 5 songs you liked. now get to work.

Dirtybird in the house... So pumped.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

Quote Originally Posted by blizzair View Post
    russ liquid weekend one! i stumbled into his do lab set last year and was blown away. he plays a live horn into his mix!

There are some rad mixes on his soundcloud as well
    His set last year was awesome, goddamn you Do Lab for having two different line ups.

Alright after giving everything a listen. I'm interested in quite a few acts. I'm guessing over the course of the weekend, only one or two of them will actually take priority over a stage/tent act but I'll definitely be aware of these set times just in case my schedule goes to shit, as it usually does.

Christian Martin
    Gladkill
    Inspired Flight
    Worthy
    Machinedrum
    Two Fingers (just because of amon tobin)

Couldn't really get into Salva. A little too abstract for me and hard to see how it would translate live. Maybe the live show is better idk. Feel kind of the same with Two Fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    I would love to see Flylo at a Do Lab event like Lightning In A Bottle. I could see him playing there.

Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
    Don't really know that many names on the weekend one lineup outside of Machinedrum, Kraddy, Christian Martian. Are there any tech-house artists in that group in the vein of Lee Burridge/Jessie Wright from last year?
    Jesse Wright is playing as 1/2 of the dj duo Idiot Savant. Sammy Bliss also plays tech-house.

And you would probably be into Worthy too...
    Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post
    it's like, at coachella, we can be a whole group of friends. a whole group of frogs jumping into the streets, jumping into the planet, climbing up the buildings, swimming in the lakes and in the bathtubs. we would be hundreds, thousands, millions. the biggest group of friends the world has ever seen, jumping and laughing forever. it would be great, right?
    Coachella 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012x2

MACHINEDRUM

/thread

A behind the scenes look at the Do Lab people preparing for Coachella 2012. The song featured in the video is a remix by Pumpkin.