Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

Day of passes you never know...lot of people will have friends that didn't make it -last minute. They won't check the market and they'll post on palm springs craigslist....you'll have to pop quick as they'll all get a ton of texts and calls on em. 1st one to em wins.

You can get a cheap ticket as many people hate dealing in the ticket market
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

tickets are over $2100 on stubhub now.
    44 tickets in total...fucking insane.

there were 130 this morning last I checked and the prices were over $800

Screen Shot 2014-04-08 at 4.47.03 PM.jpg

These are the most expensive ones bought today on StubHub that I've seen. Can't believe someone would ever buy a GA pass for that price. Kind of makes me want to try to sell mine on there and then buy one day of...

but... they also stopped all "mail" orders. since if you bought one today, it wouldn't go out until tomorrow, and maybe guaranteed thursday.

thats why they all say local pickup..

and anyone paying that much for a pass needs to learn priorities.

but... they also stopped all "mail" orders. since if you bought one today, it wouldn't go out until tomorrow, and maybe guaranteed thursday.

thats why they all say local pickup..

and anyone paying that much for a pass needs to learn priorities.

Lurker

I gave up the Coachella dream today, maybe next year! I'll be watching you guys on YouTube

I can't tell if people are now selling tickets in a panic, or if people are following your advice to try and artificially drive the price down. On CL, a whole bunch of options are popping out at a low price. Now if people drive them up with bidding is a completely different thing.

Quote Originally Posted by iwantmesomemusic View Post
    I can't tell if people are now selling tickets in a panic, or if people are following your advice to try and artificially drive the price down. On CL, a whole bunch of options are popping out at a low price. Now if people drive them up with bidding is a completely different thing.
    I'd say it's probably the latter. But there is a pretty plausible conspiracy theory going around that the inflated prices are a result of 'shorting'. IF it's accurate, we might finally start to see huge drops in prices over the next two days. Getting a ticket before everyone else will be another matter though...

you can read more about it here if you want: http://www.reddit.com/r/Coachella/co...y_the_current/

SELLING WEEKEND ONE JW Marriott Hotel Package -- 2 GA Passes and 2 shuttle passes
    Selling Coachella weekend one JW Marriott GA Travel Package: ($2447)
    -King bed
    -2 GA Passes
    -2 Shuttle passes
    --> Both of these are on VIP will call per Coachella regulations, and the package can be transferred.

It costs 100 dollars for the transfer from person to person. Ask and I'll send a pic of my receipt. I paid 2447 and am looking to sell the package at cost. I'm not trying to scam, and refused to be scammed.

Will accept payment in cash, paypal or direct wire transfer to a bank account, and will transfer after payment per the instructions included below. This transaction feels sketch, so obviously we'll both have to come to terms with it. Am willing to meet at my apartment and do all the copying and exchanging at the same time. I'm in west LA.

If necessary, willing to drive to indio at the JW and do the whole process in person, then drive back to LA (really, would rather not do this)

text (925) 487-4844 or email derekedgingtonproductions@gmail.com

Information on transfer:
    "If the original purchaser will not be present to check-in, please have the purchaser contact us to change the check-in name. There is a $100 name transfer fee. Name changes can be made until Thursday, April 3, 2014. After April 3, 2014 name changes can be made during check-in. Please provide our check-in staff with a copy of the original purchaser's ID, a copy (front and back) of the original purchaser's credit card, a copy of the original purchaser's receipt and a signed note authorizing the person picking it up to pick up the order with nothing blacked out on any of those copies. This name change policy is part of the festival's standard policy and is for verification to prevent fraudulent pick ups."

Someone explain the listings starting at $2069 right now on stubhub? The screenshots of $1000+ selling are already hard to believe but if any of the 2k listings are actually moving I'll fucking sell my weekend 1s right now and go pick up some weekend 2s. It just makes no sense to me.

I honestly don't get it. Here were the actual sales from today. Where these <$600 tickets are coming from, who knows? But seriously, I've never seen where people are paying 2-3 times the price for the same ticket on the same day as other people.

General Admission Pass $484.00 1
    General Admission Pass $494.00 1
    General Admission Pass $505.00 1
    General Admission Pass $525.00 1
    General Admission Pass $525.00 1
    General Admission Pass $535.00 1
    General Admission Pass $535.00 1
    General Admission Pass $542.00 1
    General Admission Pass $543.00 2
    General Admission Pass $548.00 1
    General Admission Pass $551.00 1
    General Admission Pass $554.00 1
    General Admission Pass $554.00 1
    General Admission Pass $555.00 1
    General Admission Pass $555.00 2
    General Admission Pass $556.00 2
    General Admission Pass $560.00 1
    General Admission Pass $576.00 1
    General Admission Pass $577.00 1
    General Admission Pass $578.00 2
    General Admission Pass $580.00 1
    General Admission Pass $581.00 4
    General Admission Pass $581.00 1
    General Admission Pass $581.00 2
    General Admission Pass $583.00 1
    General Admission Pass $583.00 1
    General Admission Pass $585.00 1
    General Admission Pass $588.00 1
    General Admission Pass $588.00 1
    General Admission Pass $589.00 2
    General Admission Pass $596.00 1
    General Admission Pass $597.00 1
    General Admission Pass $598.00 1
    General Admission Pass $599.00 1
    General Admission Pass $599.00 1
    General Admission Pass $605.00 1
    General Admission Pass $605.00 3
    General Admission Pass $605.00 3
    General Admission Pass $607.00 1
    General Admission Pass $620.00 1
    General Admission Pass $630.00 4
    General Admission Pass $640.00 1
    General Admission Pass $640.00 1
    General Admission Pass $660.00 2
    General Admission Pass $720.00 1
    General Admission Pass $775.00 2
    General Admission Pass $840.00 1
    General Admission Pass $885.00 1
    General Admission Pass $994.00 1
    General Admission Pass $995.00 1
    General Admission Pass $1,050.00 1
    General Admission Pass $1,050.00 1
    General Admission Pass $1,050.00 2
    General Admission Pass $1,170.00 2
    General Admission Pass $1,200.00 1
    General Admission Pass $1,215.00 2
    General Admission Pass $1,245.00 1
    General Admission Pass $1,248.00 1
    General Admission Pass $1,270.00 1
    General Admission Pass $1,303.00 1
    General Admission Pass $1,320.00 1
    General Admission Pass $2,236.00 4
    General Admission Pass - VIP $551.00 1
    General Admission Pass - VIP $565.00 1
    General Admission Pass - VIP $575.00 1
    General Admission Pass - VIP $575.00 1
    General Admission Pass - VIP $576.00 1
    General Admission Pass - VIP $1,300.00 1
    General Admission Pass - VIP $1,655.00 2
    General Admission Pass - VIP $1,799.00 2
    General Admission Pass - VIP $1,820.00 1
    General Admission Pass - VIP $1,936.00 1
    General Admission Pass - VIP $1,976.00 1
    General Admission Pass - VIP $2,206.00 1
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

General Admission Pass $2,236.00 4
    WTF?
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

If I was a local I would be selling mine for that price asap. Could go buy a new motorcycle with that kind of money.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

http://www.reddit.com/r/Coachella/co...y_the_current/

Read the page that Mad-Dog posted. It makes some good sense. It's not backed with solid evidence, but it does break down logically.

Read the page that Mad-Dog posted. It makes some good sense. It's not backed with solid evidence, but it does break down logically.[/QUOTE]

PlayaDelWes posted a bunch of sales data for today's StubHub sales. I don't know how reliable this data is but two things strike me as odd. First of all, there are numerous tickets that have been sold below $650 (I have had a price alert set at $650 for almost a week now) and I have not had a single email from StubHub, which makes me think that they have kept these tickets for themselves.

Then there are the tickets going for $2,000+. I don't care how high demand is, there is no way tickets are really getting sold for those prices unless something very odd (like StubHub buying them) is going on

What do you think?

I think it makes perfect sense now. When people are posting passes for sale on Stubhub for anything less than $800, Stubhub is instantly buying them for their guarantee, which means those tickets never make it to the public market. All we see is the excessively high listings that even stubhub won't touch.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    I think it makes perfect sense now. When people are posting passes for sale on Stubhub for anything less than $800, Stubhub is instantly buying them for their guarantee, which means those tickets never make it to the public market. All we see is the excessively high listings that even stubhub won't touch.
    I think you're spot on there.

Where did you get your sales data by the way?

So basically a bunch of BS and crap is what we get. How is it that Stubhub never though this was an issue that could come up? It's the most basic of economic rules. Don't let people sell stuff they don't have when you have a liability like a customer guarantee to have to worry about. I really think that prices will readjust at some point, whether or not it's at a time for people to take advantage of is up in the air. My friends are going to go to the event and try to pick up passes in person if they can't find any on any site tomorrow.

I hope they can find some. I hope I can find a camping pass. I never thought a camping pass would go for $650 at any point. I guess we'll see what happens.

Here is the thing about the sales data you're posting:

When SH covers a short or a dropped order or whatever you want to call it, the completed sales price (which is what is listed above - you can see them yourself if you start to create a listing for tickets as SH shows you the last 100 or so sales), the sales price that shows on their site is the ORIGINAL price the shorter sold at that SH is forcing them to cover. When sales come in for a shorted event, the seller sees two prices, the short price that SH covers and the adjustment. it looks like this:

Your price $100.00
    Quantity x 3
    Total sale $300.00
    Commission - $90.00
    Adjustment +/- $300.00
    Other Fees/Credits $300.0
    Your payment $510.00

However in the sales history for this event, it will show a sales price of $100 (the short price), not $200 (the sellers price).

SH is known for being pretty brutal when filling shorts and even for GA events they don't always take the cheapest ticket, especially if you're a dick about it. There is also a rumor that the reps get commission based on sales so they have an incentive to fill with higher priced tickets but that's only a rumor I can't confirm. The sales history is showing some legit sales around $1200 but the lower priced tickets are covered shorts by Stubhub.

Quote Originally Posted by BCSBuzz View Post
    Here is the thing about the sales data you're posting:

When SH covers a short or a dropped order or whatever you want to call it, the completed sales price (which is what is listed above - you can see them yourself if you start to create a listing for tickets as SH shows you the last 100 or so sales), the sales price that shows on their site is the ORIGINAL price the shorter sold at that SH is forcing them to cover. When sales come in for a shorted event, the seller sees two prices, the short price that SH covers and the adjustment. it looks like this:

Your price $100.00
    Quantity x 3
    Total sale $300.00
    Commission - $90.00
    Adjustment +/- $300.00
    Other Fees/Credits $300.0
    Your payment $510.00

However in the sales history for this event, it will show a sales price of $100 (the short price), not $200 (the sellers price).

SH is known for being pretty brutal when filling shorts and even for GA events they don't always take the cheapest ticket, especially if you're a dick about it. There is also a rumor that the reps get commission based on sales so they have an incentive to fill with higher priced tickets but that's only a rumor I can't confirm. The sales history is showing some legit sales around $1200 but the lower priced tickets are covered shorts by Stubhub.

That's exactly right. As far as the price alert above goes:
    set a price alert for any event. Stubhub emails once a day on those. I personally saw 4 pairs yesterday at different times from 550-650. There's no foul play, it's just people that are camping their f5 keys and are faster than you. Next year buy earlier. Simple as that

Finally heard back from someone close to the inside on this. We've got a regurlar case study on our hands.

The 2011 BCS NC game is exactly what I was thinking as I read this. 98% of the time ticket prices drop over time as the event approaches. A lot of ticket brokers take advantage of this speculation by pre-selling tickets way in advance with the idea that they will buy tickets later when the price drops and make the difference in profit. This works in those 98% of cases.

Occasionally in high demand events the price ends up going up. Lots of factors can cause that. So what happens is a flood of demand driving up prices. A lot of brokers went out of business because of the 2011 BCS game and some may very well go out of business because of this . StubHub is to big a company and publicly traded so they can't just walk away from these orders. In most cases they get the broker to pay the difference but in some StubHub just eats it because they can't take the PR hit.

This is so crazy. A few minutes ago saw 3 tickets left: $3244.50 for 1 VIP ticket, or $4495/each, for 2 GA tickets. Now, 10 listings were posted for $11,000+ each.
    Upcoming: 04/11/14-04/13/14 - Coachella Weekend One; 04/18/14-04/20/14 - Coachella Weekend Two; 08/19/14 - NIN/Soundgarden (Isleta Amphitheater - Albuquerque, NM)

Those are tickets that just arrived at StubHub Los Angeles at their Last Minute Service center. This close to an event you cannot list hard stock tickets until Stubhub has them in hand. Whoever shipped them wasn't sure where prices would be at today so they just listed them at 10k and shipped them out.

Quote Originally Posted by nationocean View Post
    Now it is rising for Weekend 2.

UGHS.
    Ya but if you look on craigslist all the postings for Weekend 1 are WANTED and all the postings for weekend 2 are FOR SALE. That is the difference. I know you guys are looking at Stub hub but if you look for locally at what tickets are actually available, there aren't any Weekend 1 tickets available. Less people want to go the second weekend

Quote Originally Posted by BCSBuzz View Post
    Those are tickets that just arrived at StubHub Los Angeles at their Last Minute Service center. This close to an event you cannot list hard stock tickets until Stubhub has them in hand. Whoever shipped them wasn't sure where prices would be at today so they just listed them at 10k and shipped them out.
    Ah, that makes sense. But then, that must mean they all came from the same place. The prices are all similar. This has been fascinating.
    Last edited by nahuatldream; 04-09-2014 at 11:31 AM.
    Upcoming: 04/11/14-04/13/14 - Coachella Weekend One; 04/18/14-04/20/14 - Coachella Weekend Two; 08/19/14 - NIN/Soundgarden (Isleta Amphitheater - Albuquerque, NM)

The local market is absolutely insane. I haven't seen it like this, this close to the event.

Here's a bro with a solid game plan:
    http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/tix/4414998447.html
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

In all honesty, anyone with tickets should figure out what their cost would be for them to NOT go (i.e. if I came up to you and told you "I'll give you $x to skip coachella this year - what's your price?", list them on SH at that price and ship or take them to last minute services. I think at this point that SH is screwed and may not be able to cover the shorts entirely, but they will be paying $3500+ this afternoon.

I think for quite a few people the opportunity cost involves a lot more than just the wristband, there is the accommodation, flights, shuttles etc that have already been booked.

Truly...

This is interesting. I would love to read more about this when it is all finished. Just like all other markets, there are risks.

I'm glad that I got my ticket with the dinner while still available. They just sent me an email saying that I get VIP access to the Rose Garden for the day of the feast!
    They heard me singing and they told me to STOP.

It is likely just a rumor, however there is talk circulating that GoldenVoice has made an agreement with the fire marshal to release a few extra tickets at midnight tonight.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Coachella/co...with_the_fire/

We can still dream, right.?

Has anyone else heard of anything similar to this?