Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
Results 331 to 360 of 432

Thread: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

  1. #331

    Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

    Here is what happened:

    1) A lot of people (brokers) thought the lineup was weak and started shorting the event.
    2) They got stuck in what's called a "short squeeze" where it basically has become a game of chicken between those with legit tickets and those who shorted at prices at which they can no longer make a profit.
    3) Some of the less scrupulous shorters put up dozens of listings to make it appear as if there were 800+ passes available on Stubhub. Those fake listings amounted to about 600 tickets and were taken down not too long ago by SH who realized what they were.
    4) The low completed sales prices are, in fact, shorters original prices. At this point SH is starting to cover their collective asses by filling orders that have not yet shipped. Final ship deadline is tomorrow at noon PST after which you'll probably see prices take off as SH starts to fill unshipped orders from whatever inventory they have in hand at last minute services and elsewhere. However this is going to substantially deplete any inventory on SH. It also, however, will likely be the only legit market for tickets at $1300+.
    5) Prices will settle around $800 tomorrow night (IMO) depending on what is left after SH fills the shorts.

  2. #332
    Member ManImCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Los Gatos, CA
    Posts
    1,527

    Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

    Yeah I cannot believe there were so many not-actual-tickets and there are actually only a little over 100 left of them. Will we see a sellout on stubhub before noon tomorrow? Wonder how much that last ones goes for.
    Why ______________________ ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

  3. #333
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by chonkyfire View Post
    what in the Actual Fuck is going on with Stubhub. Two GA tickets appear on my cell phone every once in a while for 644, with 700+ total and now all of a sudden there is only 113 tickets remaining? I'm so frustrated and so confused. All I want is to pay 200 dollars above face value for a fucking festival wristband....
    Buy an Outstanding in the Field... They're $600 with a $225 dinner included one night

  4. #334

    Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

    If you want to really mess up a scalper, make a very overpriced listing at whatever price you'd be willing to change weekends. Ship your tickets to Stubhub in LA:

    StubHub Last Minute Service Center
    261 S. Figueroa St. #280
    Los Angeles, CA 90012

    If they don't sell, just pick them up in La Quinta on your way to the show. But come noon tomorrow, SH is going to be filling dropped orders at whatever price they have to in order to not cause a PR nightmare for themselves. I don't see $2k/ticket sales being out of the question.

  5. #335

    Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

    Based on the last 100 sales from stub hub at around 5PM for Weekend 1

    Average of Price Max Price Min Price Quantity sold of GA (not including VIP)
    766.7746479 1643 452 79

  6. #336

    Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

    Based on the last 100 sales from stub hub at around 5PM for Weekend 1

    Average of Price
    766.7746479

    Max Price
    1643

    Min Price
    452

    Quantity sold of GA (not including VIP)
    79
    Last edited by stranger123; 04-07-2014 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Formatting

  7. #337

    Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by stranger123 View Post
    Based on the last 100 sales from stub hub at around 5PM for Weekend 1

    Average of Price Max Price Min Price Quantity sold of GA (not including VIP)
    766.7746479 1643 452 79

    Again, those are not legit prices. Those are original sales prices of people who dropped an order and which StubHub later filled at current market prices.

  8. #338

    Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

    Do you guys think that weekend 2 prices will drop closer to $300 or is it better to buy now at face value?

  9. #339

    Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

    if you're planning on going to weekend 2 strike now while you can what do you think all the people that can't go weekend 1 are gonna do? scalpers will then bump wk2 prices up

  10. #340
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,219

    Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyjet12 View Post
    Buy an Outstanding in the Field... They're $600 with a $225 dinner included one night
    Weekend 1 is now sold out for this.

  11. #341

    Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

    So why exactly is everyone dying to go weekend 1 over weekend 2, to the point of paying $1000+ for the wristband?? I know why we're going weekend 1, but it isn't really THAT deep a reason, so I really don't understand. It can't be Easter falling on Weekend 2, can it? Are there really this many Easter-serious hipsters in the LA area or around the world who love Coachella but love their Easter as well?

    Nothing against Easter, just can't figure out why else Weekend 1 tix are selling for over $1000 and there are plenty of people selling Weekend 2 for face or below...

  12. #342

    Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

    And I know you're all focused on this year, but is anyone else petrified for what this will mean for original ticket prices for Coachella next year? If Golden Voice and Front Gate watch this board and the secondary market at all... what will basic GA cost next year? I'm afraid to ask...

  13. #343
    Member amma_sol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    594

    Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

    This happened last year too. Weekend 1 tickets were so expensive and weekend two were cheap. I got 2 passes and a camping pass the Wednesday before Weekend 2 for $600. There were way less people and a ton of empty camping spaces... I was a weekend two convert after that.

  14. #344
    Member dcbell05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    519

    Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by amma_sol View Post
    This happened last year too. Weekend 1 tickets were so expensive and weekend two were cheap. I got 2 passes and a camping pass the Wednesday before Weekend 2 for $600. There were way less people and a ton of empty camping spaces... I was a weekend two convert after that.
    I've gone Wk2 the past couple years and totally enjoyed it. I get to watch live feed of Wk1 to watch acts to confirm if I want to go or catch ones I know I will miss.

    However this year we decided to go Wk1 because Wk2 has always been worse work-wise (I'm a tax consultant so pre- April 15th is always a bit worse and my friend always has a work conference Wk2 that he skips). Plus, we have a bunch of Catholics joining us this time. However, now that we have one extra guy looking for a ticket, I'm super annoyed we're going Wk1.

  15. #345

    Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    Weekend 2 was better, IMO. Less crowded, no dust storm, nicer people.
    Quoted for TRUTH.

    2012- Weekend 1 was full of a bunch of rowdy assholes who completely killed the normally chill Coachella atmosphere.
    2013- Weekend 2 was a bunch of chill-ass mutherfuckers who were happy, mellow and peaceful.

    Quote Originally Posted by BCSBuzz View Post
    Here is what happened:

    1) A lot of people (brokers) thought the lineup was weak and started shorting the event.
    2) They got stuck in what's called a "short squeeze" where it basically has become a game of chicken between those with legit tickets and those who shorted at prices at which they can no longer make a profit.
    3) Some of the less scrupulous shorters put up dozens of listings to make it appear as if there were 800+ passes available on Stubhub. Those fake listings amounted to about 600 tickets and were taken down not too long ago by SH who realized what they were.
    4) The low completed sales prices are, in fact, shorters original prices. At this point SH is starting to cover their collective asses by filling orders that have not yet shipped. Final ship deadline is tomorrow at noon PST after which you'll probably see prices take off as SH starts to fill unshipped orders from whatever inventory they have in hand at last minute services and elsewhere. However this is going to substantially deplete any inventory on SH. It also, however, will likely be the only legit market for tickets at $1300+.
    5) Prices will settle around $800 tomorrow night (IMO) depending on what is left after SH fills the shorts.
    I'm not familiar with the lingo here (obviously I'm an industry outsider): what does it mean to "short" an event?


    Quote Originally Posted by Grace44 View Post
    So why exactly is everyone dying to go weekend 1 over weekend 2, to the point of paying $1000+ for the wristband?? I know why we're going weekend 1, but it isn't really THAT deep a reason, so I really don't understand. It can't be Easter falling on Weekend 2, can it? Are there really this many Easter-serious hipsters in the LA area or around the world who love Coachella but love their Easter as well?

    Nothing against Easter, just can't figure out why else Weekend 1 tix are selling for over $1000 and there are plenty of people selling Weekend 2 for face or below...
    My guess is that it's a lot of groups of people where half of them have a ticket and other other half planned flights and took time off work expecting to get a ticket on the 2nd hand market. It seems like every person here, on Reddit, and on Facebook has the same story: "We need X more tickets for our group." Or "My sister is trying to take me for my 1st Coachella- she has her ticket now I need mine".

    Finally, last year a lot of the guest stars who showed up for W1 didn't return for W2. Where was R. Kelly W2? Where was the Daft Punk/Get Lucky promo video W2? All of the artists made it seem like W1 was the main event, and all of these Coachella newbies are coming because of the celebrity. Us veterans know that Coachella is about the experience, and it's much more than the celebrities and stunts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grace44 View Post
    And I know you're all focused on this year, but is anyone else petrified for what this will mean for original ticket prices for Coachella next year? If Golden Voice and Front Gate watch this board and the secondary market at all... what will basic GA cost next year? I'm afraid to ask...
    the last time this happened, Golden Voice didn't raise the price: they created Weekend 2.
    --->Living-Silver.com <---

  16. #346

    Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by AldoZarate92 View Post
    if you're planning on going to weekend 2 strike now while you can what do you think all the people that can't go weekend 1 are gonna do? scalpers will then bump wk2 prices up
    Because Coachella hasn't happened yet there's still a lot of hype behind it. After weekend one, when all the surprises are over, the reports are out and Coachella is old news, demand quickly fails and prices do too. The people who will drop $1000 on a ticket are there for the reasons, they won't drop big bucks for "repeatchella."

  17. #347

    Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by WilsonFisk View Post
    Because Coachella hasn't happened yet there's still a lot of hype behind it. After weekend one, when all the surprises are over, the reports are out and Coachella is old news, demand quickly fails and prices do too. The people who will drop $1000 on a ticket are there for the reasons, they won't drop big bucks for "repeatchella."
    Is your username a Daredevil reference?

    I sold my extra Weekend 2 pass for $150 under face last year. I would guess that even with the hype of Outkast this year, you will still be able to find something close to face.
    --->Living-Silver.com <---

  18. #348

    Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

    I guess I don't know about you guys, but I thought weekend 2 last year was somewhat a dust bowl. I was in the back lot though. Got there WAY too late last year into the security line. Foxtails, dust, and lameness. The people were nice, but I think I've gotten pretty lucky every year to have nice people camp around me and in the event. I usually have no issues. The environment is just as important as the people at the event. I feel that a sloppy seconds of the field and everything else out there isn't granted for what I do every year.

    The one problem really I have is the elitist feel I have that I can afford to go to Coachella weekend 1. Granted I purchased my passes early, but seriously, I've been checking out some tickets for a few friends that it would be there first time, but are so damn off put by the fact that people are scalping their asses off right now and killing it for people that just want to go for the music and the experience. Someone was trying to sell, highest bid, on JUST a camping pass for $1000 on cl. They are F)*%ing crazy. Thing is that's the highest bid. Sure he may be lying, but people are willing to pay that just for a camping pass. I don't get where these people are coming from. Is it that all of Beverly Hills and Malibu are trying to go last minute. Last I checked, normal people couldn't afford a freaking house payment just for a 3 day weekend.

    I hold out that ticket prices will drop. I really want my 2 friends to come with us. It would be their first and might be my last consecutive year. I hope all crazy scalpers get mono and have to sell their own personal ticket.

    Really though, Outkast is going to kill.

  19. #349

    Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

    12:48 am Tuesday. 156 tickets on Stubhub beginning at $1200.

  20. #350
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

    All of us without Wristbands are SOL I believe

    Quote Originally Posted by ANDITWASSUMMER View Post
    12:48 am Tuesday. 156 tickets on Stubhub beginning at $1200.

  21. #351

    Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

    Just pulled one for 540
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

  22. #352

    Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    Just pulled one for 540
    from where?

  23. #353

    Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

    Stubhub , it's gone now . This is crazy for you guys .
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

  24. #354

    Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    Stubhub , it's gone now . This is crazy for you guys .

    driving me insane. I can't handle this man I just need one GA ticket. fuk

  25. #355

    Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

    Just pulled it again , this might be a good time keep refreshing.
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

  26. #356

    Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    Judith pulled it again , this might be a good time keep refreshing.
    fuk man I just keep seeing that stupid ass $644 ticket

  27. #357

    Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

    C'mon got it again you have to get it
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

  28. #358
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

    I keep alternating between convincing myself I'm not going to be able to make it, and then talking myself back into my ability to get a ticket about every half an hour

  29. #359

    Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

    There's a 540 that keeps popping up.
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

  30. #360

    Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    There's a 540 that keeps popping up.
    mobile app ya? my browser aint showin shit!

Similar Threads

  1. Here's why you've been paying high prices at Whole Foods Market
    By gaypalmsprings in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 06:15 PM
  2. Ticket prices?
    By vercetti0014 in forum Passes
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 06:21 AM
  3. Ticket Prices Raised...
    By theburiedlife in forum Passes
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 01:02 AM
  4. Ticket prices next year...
    By rage patton in forum Passes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2007, 03:49 PM
  5. Complaining about ticket prices...
    By cheap_delirium in forum Passes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 05:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •