Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

Went with the dinner option myself. Craigslist here in San Diego has been overly flaky and frustrating this year for tickets for some reason. Made the mistake in 2010 to wait till day of and couldn't find a ticket anywhere at the festival or around. Granted every year since there has been people on every corner in la Quinta selling tickets but the stress of waiting and then meeting up with someone off craigslist or a fellow boardie to get a ticket wasn't worth passing up a nice dinner and open bar with the security of knowing I have my pass and it's legit. Anyways I'm keeping an eye on craigslist still out of curiosity and noticing not very many weekend 1s for sale and cheapest is 500 and only the one. Hope everyone gets one that needs one. If not you can always get weekend 2 tickets for basically buy one get one free it seems like.
    Coachella 08,09,10,11,12.1,13.1,14.1
    Wakarusa Fest 05,06,07
    Woodstock 99

When does the shipping window close for weekend 1? tuesday?

Quote Originally Posted by feo62 View Post
    Went with the dinner option myself. Craigslist here in San Diego has been overly flaky and frustrating this year for tickets for some reason. Made the mistake in 2010 to wait till day of and couldn't find a ticket anywhere at the festival or around. Granted every year since there has been people on every corner in la Quinta selling tickets but the stress of waiting and then meeting up with someone off craigslist or a fellow boardie to get a ticket wasn't worth passing up a nice dinner and open bar with the security of knowing I have my pass and it's legit. Anyways I'm keeping an eye on craigslist still out of curiosity and noticing not very many weekend 1s for sale and cheapest is 500 and only the one. Hope everyone gets one that needs one. If not you can always get weekend 2 tickets for basically buy one get one free it seems like.
    Yeah, I'm in SD too and this year there hasn't been too many legit sellers; mostly scam artists.

same in LA

A lot of pranksters too. Somebody posts a weekend 1 ticket for an excellent price and assuring you that they will prove legitimacy and leave a phone number of a friend that way that friend's phone becomes blown up with texts,emails, and calls.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

once, a guy i worked with posted a craigslist ad advertising an HIV + female looking for an HIV+ male for guilt free sex, then added his ex-girlfriends number for contact info.

as he was a severe homophobe, we posted a similar ad, without the HIV caveat. the ad detailed his interest in role playing, and when someone responded we told the guy what was up. he was to come to our office posing as a potential employee coming in for an interview.

lulz ensued.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by AldoZarate92 View Post
    When does the shipping window close for weekend 1? tuesday?
    I contacted StubHub and they said all Weekend 1 passes will fall off the site on Tuesday at 12pm Pacific.

At which point, sellers will be forced to move their inventory to the local Craigslist market and (hopefully) bring prices down.

I guess we'll have to wait and see I can imagine prices floating around 500-550 for tuesday and 450-500 wednesday thursday we might be looking at around 400-425 dont really see it going for less than that

only 4 people have bought one of those $800 stubhub tickets in the past 8 hours or so....or maybe some sellers withdrew their tix from stubhub to sell locally

I suspect many of the Stubhub listings are not for tickets that *must* get dumped. Two possibilities I can think of:

1. Sellers, without passes in hand, looking for arbitrage opportunities (hint: sort by price high to low). These have been disappearing in recent days as the timing needed to successfully flip a pass (W1) is almost gone.
    2. People who intend to go to Coachella, but will opt out for the right price. Those passes will disappear by Tuesday and not reappear anywhere else.

I think too many people, Stubhub sellers and buyers, observed what happened last year and let that affect their planning. Sellers listed early, and buyers waited too long. Supply vs. demand did what it did, and here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by FelonyFruitFlinger View Post
    I suspect many of the Stubhub listings are not for tickets that *must* get dumped. Two possibilities I can think of:

1. Sellers, without passes in hand, looking for arbitrage opportunities (hint: sort by price high to low). These have been disappearing in recent days as the timing needed to successfully flip a pass (W1) is almost gone.
    2. People who intend to go to Coachella, but will opt out for the right price. Those passes will disappear by Tuesday and not reappear anywhere else.

I think too many people, Stubhub sellers and buyers, observed what happened last year and let that affect their planning. Sellers listed early, and buyers waited too long. Supply vs. demand did what it did, and here we are.
    Accurate on both fronts. Also.
    3. Parents buying their kids out of Easter Weekend. "Fine, I'll be there for Easter, you just have to pay for my weekend 1 ticket then"
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Accurate on both fronts. Also.
    3. Parents buying their kids out of Easter Weekend. "Fine, I'll be there for Easter, you just have to pay for my weekend 1 ticket then"
    Cant tell if this is serious...

Still waiting for tickets! I think $500 is the lowest Weekend 1 will go...demand is still too high.

I sold for less than $500, in person, and am grateful for the nice people who bought but also because we needed the little extra we got to buy something crucial for the trip to go smoothly. For all those honestly selling and buying, wishing everyone luck. For the a$$es scamming people... karma is a beautiful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace44 View Post
    I sold for less than $500, in person, and am grateful for the nice people who bought but also because we needed the little extra we got to buy something crucial for the trip to go smoothly. For all those honestly selling and buying, wishing everyone luck. For the a$$es scamming people... karma is a beautiful thing.
    How much did you originally buy yours for?
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

There's a fine line between scamming & scalping.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Stick it out boys, our time to strike will come

My finger hurts from f5ing Craigslist...

Add to it Easter is 2nd weekend. You can bet a good percentage didn't think of it and have family saying,'you are going to be here on Easter.' They are all scrambling now to get to weekend one.

I've seen tickets on stubhb at $544 now

^^ On what planet? They've been $800+ all day. At $880 now.

Planet earth homieee there was only 2 that popped up I even added to cart and went through the checkout to see if it was really there and it was $550 is over my budget if they don't go lower than that I just won't go seems like someone else capitalized on them literally a minute after I cancelled

Sounds like you reamed some hungry suckers face to face. I sold my extra ticket for $300. I could have used $500, but I'm a fan of festivals, and I know that person having extra pocket cash will make out easier for everyone. But that's just me.

I think we can all agree that Grace should go fuck herself.

12/16: A Winged Victory for the Sullen @ The Independent
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar
    12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    1/8: Tamaryn @ The Chapel
    1/28: Beacon @ The Rickshaw Stop
    1/29: Ty Segall, Wand, Cold Beat @ GAMH
    2/7: Robag Whrume, Daniel Bell, Sassmouth, The Black Madonna @ Public Works
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood

There were around 650 tickets available a few hours ago on stubhub ..now it says 790 tickets for sale

Yet the prices haven't budged. Something definitely fishy going on.

Come Tuesday we'll know if its going to drop or not. Don't think anything will change til then if Wednesday is still at $800 its not gonna happen for us buyers

Is it somehow possible for GV to release an extra amount of face value GA wristbands just to stop the scalpers?

Quote Originally Posted by AldoZarate92 View Post
    I met someone on Facebook selling me his two wristbands at face value but he claims he is from the Netherlands and that Coachella doesn't ship to Europe and so he had his passes shipped to the states where his family lives and he can no longer go...does Coachella ship to Europe? Obviously I'm not going to give this guy money straight up we'd probably go through PayPal or eBay since they guarantee your money. Does anyone else have any better ideas on making a transaction like this? Please help meh out
    seen it before. Clearly fake, c'mon people how does that not sound sketch to you in the slightest?

It was sketch to me that's why I posted for second thoughts but after I posted here he asked for western union haha made me laugh

It was sketch to me that's why I posted for second thoughts but after I posted here he asked for western union haha made me laugh