Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

Oh, and at some point, Stubhub got rid of the Car Camping category and now grouped them into the 3-day GA sales (noting the GA pass includes car-camping in the notes field). This is something they should have done early-on so that car camping passes ARE sold with the GA bracelet they came. Nevertheless, it's progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Oh, and at some point, Stubhub got rid of the Car Camping category and now grouped them into the 3-day GA sales (noting the GA pass includes car-camping in the notes field). This is something they should have done early-on so that car camping passes ARE sold with the GA bracelet they came. Nevertheless, it's progress.
    Where did you happen to see this on StubHub? When I search there, all I can find for sale are individual tickets/wristbands or companion tent/car camping passes.
    It seems ridiculous that you can't associate the camping passes with the tickets with which they were originally purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by subfugitive View Post
    Where did you happen to see this on StubHub? When I search there, all I can find for sale are individual tickets/wristbands or companion tent/car camping passes.
    It seems ridiculous that you can't associate the camping passes with the tickets with which they were originally purchased.
    They are there...in the "Coachella Music Festival Pass Tickets..." section. Burried and not really sortable.
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Lurker

Ah. I see. Thanks very much for digging that out for me. StubHub is suffering a bit of a fail on this, I think.

Thanks for the info! Would also happily buy you a drink if you're there weekend 1.

In the past, prices have shot up the last week. Based on the amount of tix selling for face or close to it, it certainly doesn't seem like that's happening this year.

I called stubhub about a month ago and they had no idea that the passes had to be sold together. I had to talk to a manager and they said they were going to "talk to coachella and work on that". So I'm glad they got that all figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by KickerConspiracy View Post
    In the past, prices have shot up the last week. Based on the amount of tix selling for face or close to it, it certainly doesn't seem like that's happening this year.
    It is because there are two weekends... A lot of tickets will probably go unused sadly.

I sold my extra for $430 (I netted $365.50, so about $50 over face)

edit: anyone think the scalpers will be highly cautious about Coachella next year if they do 2 weekends again?

Missed a couple days, but you get the idea. Passes are on the cheap and barely cover selling fees.

From LA Weekly

Things are looking up for the procrastinators and the broke-ass. Now they, too, will have the opportunity to Instagram Coachella: turns out that ticket prices have dropped considerably, even more so than predicted. Considering the festival starts on Friday, if you had any thoughts of going, now is the time to buy.

So, how much will you have to pay?

It turns out that, according to our homie DJ Premvaree over at SeatGeek, "secondary market" tickets on sites like eBay and StubHub have been averaging $421.66 for the past nine days.

That's pretty sweet, considering that after going on sale in January and immediately selling out, the $300 face-value tickets were being re-sold for double that or more.

So, the fact that you're able to procure tix for not all that much more now is pretty impressive, especially compared to last year, when the average price was almost $800 just two weeks before the festival, and still about $550 the week of.

In that context $420 is a pretty good deal. And if you're willing to hold out until the second weekend they're often even cheaper.

So what gives? Why are they so damn cheap this year? Don't folks know that Eminem, Warren G, and Wiz Khalifa are joining join Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg for their set on Sunday? Here's what's up...

For one thing, the second weekend takes a lot of the pressure off, considering there's now twice as many tickets to go around.

For another, there's that damn bad weather predicted. (Don't worry, though; even if you won't be able to sport bikini tops we've still got some sweet outfits you can wear.)

But, c'mon, let's be honest: If it does rain, it'll be next to nothing; a tenth of an inch is the figure we've heard. And "bad weather" is relative for we spoiled southern Californians. When folks in other states have days in the mid-60s in April they freaking rejoice.

So it's settled: Stop crying, and start packing.

I'm hoping I can grab a wristband for Weekend 2 last minute for like $100. I'd like to go just Saturday again.

I'm not doing those graphs I did last year, but here's the average daily sales price off Stubhub for Weekend 1:

Row Labels Average of Price
    1/30/2013 538
    1/31/2013 526
    2/1/2013 505

old school

Wknd 1 aucitons on ebay have been going for around $420 within the last couple of days.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

$420 IT'S A SIGN FROM GOD
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by LalalalaLa
    Hi there,

It was awesome to see the supply/demand of the coachella resell market for 2012.

Fantastic line up and luckily the demand eventually seemed to fall a bit to allow the price to be fair.

Not that I have to worry since I sweated thru the presale release and got my 2014 tickets . But a few of my friends weren't as diligent.

The lineup last year was way less of a fan favorite (headliner wise) than this. So I'm curious to how the supply/demand will compare.

Is there a stub resale graph for 2013 similar to the one you made in 2012...also, do u have anyintentions to make one for this year??

Thank you!!
    I don't really have intentions. It was more work than you'd expect to copy and paste stubhub data every day for two weekends. I don't expect the graphs to change. Prices will go down.

Just remember: Prices shown for sale on stubhub are not "what tickets are going for". You have to look at actual sales for that. At anytime, lower passes show up (due to new people pricing to sell or just lowering their prices) and people buy those because they have a price alert set or they are finally in their range.

Also, remember Mondays and Tuesdays had the best prices.

I've yet to see a Weekend 1 go for $420. The cheapest I've seen is $500.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

Tom's post is from 2013

Cheapest I've seen this year for weekend 1 was $490 the day before tickets went on sale.

I expect them to be close to face a week or 2 before the festival, like the last few years

OK, fine. I'll do this here and there because I'm a dork with this sort of data.

Weekend 1 starting to converge with W2 prices.

Can you make one for VIP passes?
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

hey im selling my weekend 2 tickets FACE VALUE ONLY $

You can be ballsy and drive all the way to Indio and buy a pass from a random dude in the food max lot for 300 bucks and some wax like my girlfriend did last year

You shouldn't get stuck paying more than face this year, regardless of which weekend you're attending.

Does anyone remember how low weekend 2 tickets got by April of last year? I want to say I remember tickets in the low 200s, but maybe I'm going crazy.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Lowest is up to 555 on stubhub
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Yea, but here are the actual sales over the last few days.
    Sales Price QTY
    $400.00 2
    $436.00 1
    $445.00 1
    $449.00 1
    $450.00 6
    $470.00 7
    $475.00 9
    $480.00 3
    $485.00 2
    $490.00 1
    $495.00 4
    $499.00 4
    $500.00 29
    $507.00 1
    $510.00 2
    $512.00 2
    $520.00 7
    $525.00 1
    $527.00 5
    $529.00 3
    $530.00 11
    $532.00 2
    $535.00 1
    $536.00 1
    $537.00 2
    $538.00 2
    $540.00 4
    $545.00 1
    $570.00 1

Quote Originally Posted by Corona89 View Post
    You shouldn't get stuck paying more than face this year, regardless of which weekend you're attending.
    I hope you're right. I fucked up and missed the presale this year and then couldn't get a weekend 1 pass during regular onsale. I keep waiting for prices to drop down to a reasonable price and I think they will eventually. But man, I'm stressing the longer I have to wait.

Am selling 3x weekend 2 tickets which include 3 nights in Esmeralda resort. But can sell without accomodation. Good price pm me. Urgent sale