Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

Prices on Ebay are crashing. Just saw three close in the low $400's.

some charts and graphs from a bunch of posers at LA Weekly who think they know what they are talking about:

Last edited by PlayaDelWes; 03-14-2012 at 11:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Quote Originally Posted by sl4shd0t View Post
    My group needs one more VIP pass, do you guys foresee those ever going for under $1000?

Also, is it safer to buy from stubhub or ebay, does it matter?

Thanks!
    Doubtful they drop below $1,000 anytime soon for W2. Add a couple hundred for W1. Too little supply. However, you can get lucky. A pair of W1 VIPs sold for $700 last Thursday on Stubhub.

Meanwhile, this one is pretty interesting and could be helpful. If you are still need to buy, the key message is to shop mid-week . You can save yourself $50 per pass by buying on Tuesdays verses the weekend or Mondays.

With sales transactions slightly up mid-week, it leads me to believe that lower prices are driven by additional supply on those days (new listings) of new sellers setting prices likely to attract a buyer.
    Last edited by PlayaDelWes; 02-27-2012 at 07:31 AM.
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

thanks playadelwes these updates are useful. the Tuesday one is pretty interesting and really useful. along with not buying on the weekend. I feel the prices probably keep falling until the end of February and then maybe start picking up again as it gets closer to the wristbands being relased.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Doubtful they drop below $1,000 anytime soon for W2. Add a couple hundred for W1. Too little supply.

However, you can get lucky. A pair of W1 VIPs sold for $700 last Thursday on Stubhub.
    Wow, ok, so just check every day and hope that happens again?

Thanks again. Oh, and thanks for the game on WWF

Vic aka Droid62
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

Bump
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

Bought my week 1 ticket today, Friday, on stubhub for $550 listed price. That's the lowest price I've seen on that site in weeks. eBay seemed to be going up in price the last few days. Not sure which direction the price is going but glad to have purchased a ticket and feel good that it is legit.

Quote Originally Posted by phunkyzen View Post
    Bought my week 1 ticket today, Friday, on stubhub for $550 listed price. That's the lowest price I've seen on that site in weeks. eBay seemed to be going up in price the last few days. Not sure which direction the price is going but glad to have purchased a ticket and feel good that it is legit.
    while i don't blame you for just pulling the trigger ( its beyond relief to know you have legit tickets i understand) seems if you waited one more day there was a big drop off, appears the day you purchased there was an actual spike in price..

The daily chart of the last few weeks shows a nice decline in the price of weekend 1 passes.
    playadelwes...dude wear a shirt with your handle it on. we all owe you.. i'll smoke ya out if that's your thing or buy ya a beer/water
    Last edited by fibes; 03-05-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Very nice. I'm waiting another week before pulling the trigger.

Playadelwess -kudos to you and all your work... Thanks from my friends looking to grab tix...

Awesome info!!! Thanks!

Coachella 2012 part deux

Quote Originally Posted by waterflow View Post
    Now I really hate StubHub.

Craigslist doesn't sound like a bad way to go at this point now that people are getting their passes in the mail. Just let your spidey senses guide you safely. I've seen some in the low 400's. Stubhub sucks.

i just got one for $530 on stub hub last night. they were $560 yesterday, now around $543. would've waited longer but it was for friends who needed an extra and are splitting 3 other tix we got the official day of the sale back in Jan. so wouldn't make or break us if it was a lil cheaper a week later. i don't trust ebay or craigslist.

good luck to everyone.

As people receive their actual passes, volumes of listings and sales are increasing while prices are falling.

Last edited by PlayaDelWes; 03-14-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Once or twice a week, I amuse myself by searching Coachella in ebay and reporting all of the people that are selling camping passes without a ticket and people that are selling the rights to their hotel room reservations.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

As people receive their actual passes, volumes of listings and sales are increasing and prices are falling.

Last night, I bought two Weekend 1 passes for $515 each and a Weekend 2 for $429 on StubHub for friends. They might fall some more, but not by much.

Playa- I hope you wear something with your name on it to the Fest. I would love to buy you a drink (and I got my tix in pre-sale!!!), and I know just about everyone in this thread would too!
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Tickets are currently going for $400-$450 for W1 on eBay.

I havent been keeping up this year with how passes work, mainly because they sold out, so I lost interest. So please pardon my ignorance. I read that the person that purchased the passes, their name goes on the passes or wristband. Is this true? And if it is, how is it possible to resell them to people on secondary markets? I'm only asking because I'm considering getting a ticket to a weekend. Thanks for any help!

The camping passes and the wristbands are connected. The wristbands are not attached to anyone's name.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    The camping passes and the wristbands are connected. The wristbands are not attached to anyone's name.

Ahhhh, thank you

Thought this is interesting.

http://redhotchilipeppers.com/news/3...n-october-30th

Basically, "Paperless Tickets can be bought and sold exclusively via Ticketmaster TicketExchange. Resale prices for tickets can be no more than 15% above face value."

Quote Originally Posted by stranger123 View Post
    Thought this is interesting.

http://redhotchilipeppers.com/news/3...n-october-30th

Basically, "Paperless Tickets can be bought and sold exclusively via Ticketmaster TicketExchange. Resale prices for tickets can be no more than 15% above face value."

Yes, but I don't think you can recover taxes and fee's. Given there were $15 in fee's and taxes on that show and face value was $59.50, you could only sell for $69. You would be losing $5 plus whatever Ticketmaster TicketmasterExchange charges. Basically the main beneficiary of this is Ticketmaster. They get to sell the same ticket twice and get the fee's. No wonder Ticketmaster/Livenation is heavily touting this system.

Quote Originally Posted by tigermilkboy View Post
    Yes, but I don't think you can recover taxes and fee's. Given there were $15 in fee's and taxes on that show and face value was $59.50, you could only sell for $69. You would be losing $5 plus whatever Ticketmaster TicketmasterExchange charges. Basically the main beneficiary of this is Ticketmaster. They get to sell the same ticket twice and get the fee's. No wonder Ticketmaster/Livenation is heavily touting this system.
    Lose $5 for not having to meet up someone/mail anything or if you bought tickets with the intention of selling them, you lose $5. Having prices not be over $70, especially lower level seats and floor tickets. Yes Ticketmaster will continue to benefit from this, but cutting down on people who buy for secondary markets and limiting the price for people who weren't able to get tickets. I guess it's really what you want, do you really not want Tickermaster to make more money or do you want secondary market prices capped?

I haven't dealt with this system personally, so I don't know anything else other than what's on the FAQ.

Prices continue to MARCH down:

Some great deals to be had if you monitor Stubhub for $300 W1 passes:

Price by day of week is starting to flatten out as volumes increase:

Listing and sales volumes have been so high, I missed capturing the data for 3/15-3/18.

Thanks, Wes. You perform an invaluable service.