Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

My question is dont most people not have their passes yet? because i bought weekend one back in june..should i be expecting my tickets soonish?

Paul is dead

http://www.coachella.com/festival-passes

SHIPPING INFO
    All festival passes, camping decals, and shuttle and parking passes will be shipped out in March 2012. Signature will be required – please keep that in mind when entering your shipping address. We will not ship to P.O. Boxes.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

ahhh thought i read that somewhere thank you

Paul is dead

Also, let it be known that although the buyer pays immediately, sellers on Stubhub don't get paid until buyer receipt of tickets / passes. This helps deter the collect and run fraudsters.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

schazzlewaffle, where are you getting those stubhub sales charts from? You in the business or something? I've sold on stubhub before and had access to what the selling prices were going at as a seller when my listing was active and still for sale, but never noticed any fancy charts.

Because.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    ^^^ I feel really bad for all the people that are buying the camping passes. Saw a few on EBay go for over $300.
    I do too; I posted a message in the ticketing discussion forums on ebay (I know their employees read them) and I sent Stubhub an email. There are going to be a lot of fraud complaints come April if they don't take those things down.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I do too; I posted a message in the ticketing discussion forums on ebay (I know their employees read them) and I sent Stubhub an email. There are going to be a lot of fraud complaints come April if they don't take those things down.
    More than a lot. All of them. Literally every single camping pass transaction on stubhub will not go smoothly nor result in both a happy buyer and seller. The only way it'll work out on ebay is if a trustworthy seller realizes the restrictions of selling a camping pass, is going to Coachella themselves, and makes it clear in their ebay listing that they will have to enter the campgrounds with the buyer and arrange meeting up outside of Coachella before they drive in.

Because.

I list a few of my Lakers tix on there every now and then. When you post anything, they show you recent Sales, all current listings, and price alerts that buyers have set. Pretend like you are going to sell Coachella passes, get to the set your price screen, copy into Excel, Pivot Chart, done.
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Also, let it be known that although the buyer pays immediately, sellers on Stubhub don't get paid until buyer receipt of tickets / passes. This helps deter the collect and run fraudsters.
    wow this is very good news! im buying my pass from stubhub when they finally arrive to the people

old school

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    More than a lot. All of them. Literally every single camping pass transaction on stubhub will not go smoothly nor result in both a happy buyer and seller. The only way it'll work out on ebay is if a trustworthy seller realizes the restrictions of selling a camping pass, is going to Coachella themselves, and makes it clear in their ebay listing that they will have to enter the campgrounds with the buyer and arrange meeting up outside of Coachella before they drive in.
    It could be a poker bluff on the behalf of Goldenvoice to make ebay reselling harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    It could be a poker bluff on the behalf of Goldenvoice to make ebay reselling harder.
    Does Goldenvoice have a history of bluffing and not intentionally not meaning something that they say? If something on their official website appears as fact, I like to go ahead and assume it's true.

Because.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    So here's a list of the poor souls who have bought camping passes to date.

Who even knows what GA camping means, lol.

Stubhub actually emailed me back.

Thank you so much for this information. Stubhub is allow of this issue.
    If you have anymore questions or concerns please respond to this email
    or contacted us by phone at 866-788-2482.

Thank You

Sincerely,

Pilara
    StubHub Customer Service
    Weekdays: 5:00AM -- 9:00PM (PST)
    Weekends: 6:00AM -- 7:00PM (PST)
    customerservice@stubhub.com
    www.StubHub.com
    Everyone call Pilara
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

'stubhub is allow of this issue'

ok
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    So here's a list of the poor souls who have bought camping passes to date.

Who even knows what GA camping means, lol.
    Are the car companion parking passes transferable? Either way, jesus christ. Someone actually paid $655 for a car camping pass that won't work.

Because.

prices are completely cratering on ebay. I just saw a festival pass w/shuttle and car camping sell for less than $550. sounds like a pretty fair deal. taking fees into account the seller probably didn't make much if any money. Now may be the time to pounce

old school

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    Does Goldenvoice have a history of bluffing and not intentionally not meaning something that they say? If something on their official website appears as fact, I like to go ahead and assume it's true.
    Yes. Last GV claimed they would deny admission to any of the following:

-those with wristbands on the wrong arm
    -those who tied their wristband too loosely
    -or that they would tug at them while scanning to make sure they were not re-applied.

To the best of my knowledge none of the above were denied entry. After Saturday, scalpers were buying wristbands for $50 to scalp only for Sunday's performance. They'd cut the pass with scissors. I don't think i had anyone even touch my wristband now that I think about it.

I also remember the Led Zeppelin 2007 reunion one-off show to claim that they would check all cards against IDs. Total poker bluff since people from 40-50 countries were attending. That show was in an AEG owned building, but I can't tell if they were directly involved with that particular rule.

I clasped my wristband a little loose and I tied it with a rubber band, it was pretty noticeable, only one security questioned me and I told him it wasn't tight enough, he let me through. Another bluff they told was getting scanned everytime you exit the fest, if you waited until after whoever closed the Coachella stage they didn't scan at all. Not being able to get within a mile of a festival without a wristband was also a bunch of bull from what I hear throughout the weekend last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

I actually saw a few people get denied because they didn't have their wristbands on. And I saw quite a few people standing in the "fix my wristband line" because they were getting sent over by security.

Fix my wristband line looked miserable

thestripe

Two of my friends had wristbands clasps malfunction on Thursday night. The locking system just popped open. One of my friends went to the "fix my wristband" line right away and got it resolved. The other tied the wristband and went two days before security finally told him to get it fixed. Every time I went through security they pulled on my wristband to test for fraud. I guess it is really a game of chance, but they were trying to enforce the rules. I imagine it was a clusterfuck to do so, though.

Buying from a 3rd party for a wristband they don't even physically have until March sounds a little unnerving. I guess most transactions go smoothly but I'd rather wait until March when they have them. If there's a flaw to that logic let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by thestripe View Post
    Two of my friends had wristbands clasps malfunction on Thursday night. The locking system just popped open. One of my friends went to the "fix my wristband" line right away and got it resolved. The other tied the wristband and went two days before security finally told him to get it fixed. Every time I went through security they pulled on my wristband to test for fraud. I guess it is really a game of chance, but they were trying to enforce the rules. I imagine it was a clusterfuck to do so, though.
    My wristband clasp fell off in the hotel pool on Saturday. I had to go back to the Tennis Gardens to get a replacement. I had to show ID and I believe the credit card used to purchase my Coachella pass.

As it happened, I was thinking "F@&$! Half my day is now shot running around to solve this." But I was in an out of the Tennis Gardens in 10 minutes. Fortunately, I had all my documentation in order...

Today's lesson: Dont buy on Fridays (payday), as today's sales prices increased from yesterday for both weekends for the first time since last Friday.

Hold out. My girlfriend bought a ticket last year off of facebook.

If you check the page, every so often someone posts, "i can't go, selling my ticket." Well, she jumped on it and became friends with that person. She sold her the ticket for face value. Safe way to do it because you have their facebook info at least. Sure, someone could make up a profile, but i think you would be able to tell. Anyway, it's kind of a long shot but i'd go this route if i had no ticket.
    2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    . Another bluff they told was getting scanned everytime you exit the fest, if you waited until after whoever closed the Coachella stage they didn't scan at all.
    They didn't bother with scanning out end of night because it didn't matter if you couldn't go back in. Your in and out status was reset each morning to reduce the chance of errors since no one could still be "in"
    ______
    1999, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Trending down again. Weekend 2 pricing similar to weekend 1 now.

Thanks for keeping track of pricing. Much appreciated.
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

For what it's worth, I just scored a ticket for a friend off of eBay for only $485. Prices are dropping

Quote Originally Posted by pezasied View Post
    For what it's worth, I just scored a ticket for a friend off of eBay for only $485. Prices are dropping
    Yup, a $500 1st-wknd BIN just got relisted. I'm waiting until March before I buy my extra tickets.
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"