Page 1 of 15 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

Default Secondary Market Ticket Prices

Don't freak out and spend $700 on tickets. Be patient and You will see prices fall as the fest gets closer. In fact, last year, prices settled within a hundred bucks of face a week or two prior to the fest. Watch the boards as there are always people selling at face who have friends who can't go and talk to your friends, there are plenty of opportunities to not over spend.

Meanwhile, here is some actual SALES data I pulled from Stubhub.

Last edited by PlayaDelWes; 02-16-2012 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Updates graphicals
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Default Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

Thats encouraging, thanks Wes. Never thought I'd be in this boat..

Yup I remember this from last year too. Thanks for the reminder Wes. Good thread.

Definitely, for folks without tix don't panic. Wait 2 months or so, you'll get tix in the high $400's-low $500's guaranteed. For those who bought extra tix during the presale though, strike now while the iron is hot. I've seen closed auctions on Ebay up to $800.

Quote Originally Posted by KickerConspiracy View Post
    Definitely, for folks without tix don't panic. Wait 2 months or so, you'll get tix in the high $400's-low $500's guaranteed. For those who bought extra tix during the presale though, strike now while the iron is hot. I've seen closed auctions on Ebay up to $800.
    you should have been swallowed.

485ish was the low point last year. Day before show there was nothing left under 700. Day of show was 1200.

I got two tickets for $$375 each last year a week before coachella, so stay put for right now.

They're already down to $500-$550 (depending on the weekend) on stubhub.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Don't freak out and spend $700 on tickets. Be patient and You will see prices fall as the fest gets closer. In fact, last year, prices settled within a hundred bucks of face a week or two prior to the fest. Watch the boards as there are always people selling at face who have friends who can't go and talk to your friends, there are plenty of opportunities to not over spend.

Meanwhile, here is some actual SALES data I pulled from Stubhub.

Here's a selection of Sales over the last hour:
    Weekend 1******** General Admission Pass*************** $774.00 *************** 2
    Weekend 1******** General Admission Pass*************** $750.00 *************** 4
    Weekend 1******** General Admission Pass*************** $725.00 *************** 2
    Weekend 1******** General Admission Pass*************** $725.00 *************** 1
    Weekend 1******** General Admission Pass*************** $725.00 *************** 4
    Weekend 1******** General Admission Pass*************** $700.00 *************** 1
    Weekend 1******** General Admission Pass*************** $699.00 *************** 2
    Weekend 1******** General Admission Pass*************** $688.00 *************** 4
    Weekend 1******** General Admission Pass*************** $688.00 *************** 1
    Weekend 1******** General Admission Pass*************** $684.00 *************** 1
    Weekend 1******** General Admission Pass*************** $684.00 *************** 1
    Weekend 1******** General Admission Pass*************** $680.00 *************** 1
    Weekend 1******** General Admission Pass*************** $679.00 *************** 4
    Weekend 1******** General Admission Pass*************** $678.00 *************** 1
    Weekend 1******** General Admission Pass*************** $678.00 *************** 1
    Weekend 1******** General Admission Pass*************** $665.00 *************** 1

Well done.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Lightbulb Re: Secondary Market Ticket Prices

Good to know...

Ironically, hope springs eternal in the hearts of mortals.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

Will update the graph back at work, but here's the last three days worth. (Qty sold in parenths)

Weekend 1:
    1/14 (Night): $611 (91)
    1/15: $621 (34)
    1/16: $606 (10)

Weekend 2:
    1/14 (Night): $619 (91)
    1/15: $573 (39)
    1/16: $571 (2)

The selling price for each weekend is starting to converge.

And more importantly, the number of transactions is down significantly, which means the sellers may start lowering prices soon. Yes, it's the weekend, but we'll see if this trend continues into the week.
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Will update the graph back at work, but here's the last three days worth. (Qty sold in parenths)

Weekend 1:
    1/14 (Night): $611 (91)
    1/15: $621 (34)
    1/16: $606 (10)

Weekend 2:
    1/14 (Night): $619 (91)
    1/15: $573 (39)
    1/16: $571 (2)

The selling price for each weekend is starting to converge.

And more importantly, the number of transactions is down significantly, which means the sellers may start lowering prices soon. Yes, it's the weekend, but we'll see if this trend continues into the week.

There is something that isn't factored in. I believe a number of Stubhub sales from June onwards were ticket resellers short-selling (this is basically selling at a price which the seller hopes will be lower in the future). I wouldn't be surprised if come April there a 100 or so orders which go unfilled by sellers. This means supply could contract and prices spiral when Stubhub replaces tickets. This has happened the last two years at Stubhub with Coachella.

Thanks for the useful info. I still need three tickets for my group. I'd love to spend less than $1500.
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

Lurker

Little off topic, but where do you recommend to buy tickets in the secondary market? Craigslist seems a little bit sketchy.

Quote Originally Posted by naomi.2401 View Post
    Little off topic, but where do you recommend to buy tickets in the secondary market? Craigslist seems a little bit sketchy.
    I have never had a problem with craigslist, I bought my Coachella, EDC, and escape from wonderland tickets last year on craigslist and they have all been legit.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

the logic in the OP can apply to just about any ticket. if you wait until the day before or the day of, you can usually get a really good seat for next to face value due to the seller not wanting to lose money.
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

Wes is absolutely right. Wait...they'll drop.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I kinda tripped out when things sold out and figured I'd grab my GF's ticket off of Viagogo for around $500. Kind of regretting it.
    In the ticket panic freakout moment I got to the checkout screen where they add another $100 on for their fees and hit 'purchase' anyway. Now I'm hoping that I get the tickets in time, etc, etc.
    We're coming from Chicago, so I was hoping that a 100% money-back guarantee would be worth the risk, but I'm realizing that if I don't get the tickets before our flight, or if the ticket turns out to be bogus/broken/etc, that 100% money-back guarantee doesn't do her much good when she's in the desert without a place to stay...
    I'm probably over-worrying, but in hindsight, I think I should have waited for a better/different opportunity.
    1 Coachella before I got sober, 7 since. I support both versions. If you wanna do the sober version, roll with us:
    Click Soberchella 2013 for meeting details
    -------------------------------

Prices are cratering on Ebay - this Weekend one pass just sold for $510.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coachella-We...item2c6250a933

Lowest Stubhub sales over the last few days for W1 = $575, W2 = $500

Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

I'dDoItAllAgain

I predict prices this year will end a bit closer to face value compared to last year's. There's a lot more tickets, after all.

Yeah, but never underestimate the irrationality of ravenous Radiohead fans
    (I put myself in that category, I suppose)
    1 Coachella before I got sober, 7 since. I support both versions. If you wanna do the sober version, roll with us:
    Click Soberchella 2013 for meeting details
    -------------------------------

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

The more people follow this advice, the more chance you have at it actually happening.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

There was a guy in our group last year who didn't purchase a pass until two weeks before the festival and he paid about $100 over face value. Not too bad considering what people charging right after passes sold out.
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Hey guys, I didn't got my pass thanks to shitty front gate tickets, I'm looking for a one Weekend 2 pass. If anyone is interested let me know, I'll pay above face value, obviously.

Another question, do you consider safe to buy a pass at ebay/stubhub?

Thanks.

I'd consider stubhub safe to buy festival passes. I don't know if I'd trust ebay or not since there aren't very many penalties for a seller not delivering on something they sold other than negative feedback or account disabled or something.

As far as camping passes are concerned, however, it bothers me that there are so many camping passes for sale on stub hub! If I understand the FAQ correctly, these camping passes are set up in a non-transferable way such that anyone buying a camping pass off of stubhub would be screwed. Not only would the buyer show up to the camping grounds with a useless camping pass and be homeless(because the original seller needs to be present with their own wristbands that were on the same order as the camping pass), but the retarded seller would be screwed too as a result of the camping pass getting denied and then having to pay fees on top of making absolutely no money off of their sale. Stubhub needs to be aware of the new non-transferable rules of the camping passes this year and pull all of their camping passes for sale on their website because literally none of the camping transactions will end up being successful after Coachella comes and goes. Anyone know if Stubhub will actually listen to anyone and pull their camping passes?

Edit: changed the very crucial typo from "buyer" to "seller". There isn't very much financial accountability for a seller not following through on something.
    Last edited by ManImCool; 01-18-2012 at 11:52 AM.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen

^^^ I feel really bad for all the people that are buying the camping passes. Saw a few on EBay go for over $300.

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    I'd consider stubhub safe to buy festival passes. I don't know if I'd trust ebay or not since there aren't very many penalties for a buyer not delivering on something they sold other than negative feedback or account disabled or something.

As far as camping passes are concerned, however, it bothers me that there are so many camping passes for sale on stub hub! If I understand the FAQ correctly, these camping passes are set up in a non-transferable way such that anyone buying a camping pass off of stubhub would be screwed. Not only would the buyer show up to the camping grounds with a useless camping pass and be homeless(because the original seller needs to be present with their own wristbands that were on the same order as the camping pass), but the retarded seller would be screwed too as a result of the camping pass getting denied and then having to pay fees on top of making absolutely no money off of their sale. Stubhub needs to be aware of the new non-transferable rules of the camping passes this year and pull all of their camping passes for sale on their website because literally none of the camping transactions will end up being successful after Coachella comes and goes. Anyone know if Stubhub will actually listen to anyone and pull their camping passes?
    Thank you very much for your recommendation! I'll do that and buy it from Stub Hub but I'm going to wait for a couple of weeks to see how the prices go.

If you're going that route, I'd wait about 2 months before buying from Stubhub.

Also, see above where I fixed an important typo in the paragraph of mine you quoted. Fixed "buyer" to "seller".
    Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    I don't know if I'd trust ebay or not since there aren't very many penalties for a seller not delivering on something they sold other than negative feedback or account disabled or something.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen