Thread: Car Camping question

Default Car Camping question

Okay, this may be a question that's already been answered A MILLION times, but I'm new to this so just help me out...

If I get a car camping pass am I able to leave the Coachella site and venture out, without my car of course, or do I have to stay in a confined area with my car and my tent during the hours the concert ins't up and running?

Thanks

Default Re: Car Camping question

You can venture out without your car - go for a run, take the shuttle into town, etc.

I would think you're free to leave at your own discretion, provided your car stays there. I mean they even have supermarket shuttles that take you offsite to do shopping, if necessary.

Anybody here trying to add car camping to thier law away orders?
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

Fuck. Yes. I am trying to add one, and I'm freaked out beyond belief. Our plans to rent a place fell through and now I'm scrambling. What a total pain in my ass.

Are you gonna login and wait on standby or calling Frontgate directly? I was lucky enough to buy car camping back in June but friends of mine need to add car camping. I was told by Frontgate to call in on Friday.

Ya, I already called them once, and a going to continue doing so in the hopes of being one of the first to get through.

Earlier this week they were allowing you to add to your order prior to the the on-sale date as long as you had an existing order, but they changed it....

well that sucks.

Last year you were able to leave the campsite after the festival hours and until like 10am weren't you?
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Yeah my friends tried calling in this week to add on as well. They were all told that there was only a limited amount of car camping available to add on and would have to try to add them on Friday. Good luck everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin da DnB Soulja View Post
    Last year you were able to leave the campsite after the festival hours and until like 10am weren't you?
    If you mean leave with your car, no. Not from car camping. I think cars were allowed to leave from the companion lots between certain hours but that's not the case this year.

Stupid question probably: So I'm going with a friend. One of us got the car camping and the other one just the regular GA Pass with the intention of splitting the car camping pass cost. It was my understanding that as long as one person has the pass in the car, the GA ticket gives you access to the camp grounds. Or do I need something extra as well.
    11/15 - Phantogram
    12/8 - Beirut
    1/30 - Jeff Mangum

Quote Originally Posted by Niklass View Post
    Stupid question probably: So I'm going with a friend. One of us got the car camping and the other one just the regular GA Pass with the intention of splitting the car camping pass cost. It was my understanding that as long as one person has the pass in the car, the GA ticket gives you access to the camp grounds. Or do I need something extra as well.
    no, you're fine. You can pack as many people onto your campsite as you wish, the only rule is 1 car and 1 car only. So your friends can't drive in with you and try to fit two cars into the spot. But, you can definitely have people come meet you and crash at your campsite with you.

I think you're fine. Technically the camping pass is linked to your friend's ticket but assuming you're arriving together that's not a problem. You only need a festival wristband to enter the campground, just like last year.