Page 1 of 24 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Set Time Predictions - SUNDAY

Default Set Time Predictions - SUNDAY

Welcome to the Coachella Message Board's Set Time Predictions Threads!

HOW DOES IT WORK?
    The template you see below WILL BE UPDATED REGULARLY based on our own discussions and theories pertaining to the MOST likely scheduling scenario for this year's festival.
    I act as a mediator in the discussion and will be responsible for updating the original post. These are not my predictions. These are our predictions.
    Anyone is free to participate! Suggestions are welcomed!
    And remember...
    THESE ARE NOT REAL TIMES. ONLY PREDICTIONS. IT'S A PUZZLE.

Updated: 2/4 @ 12:48 pm
    Last edited by clumsy342; 02-09-2012 at 08:10 PM.

Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SUNDAY

own thread

lol. yes, they do.

I believe Omar Rodríguez is playing with Le Butcherettes, so they cant conflict with ATDI.

The main stage is fucking wacko. All those crowds are super polarizing to each other. If Justice is on the main stage, I feel bad for Beirut getting the sound bleed in that situation.

The whole Weeknd thing is a strange anomaly I don't understand, but okay. Someone should definitely chime in on that.

La Roux cancelled. I had to post these on the 1st. So... ?? I dunno.
    And I agree with Justice vs. Beirut being weird. There's still a lot to be discussed. But Justice on the Main seems most logical this year and on this day in particular. (SO many sahara/sahara-potential acts)

Justice will be in the Sahara after Avicii. Its set up the same way as the third day of Ultra.

I think they are all in a good starting place. Friday is actually pretty sold IMO. Saturday will never get to any place where everyone is happy nor will we have an idea of how GV will handle things like GY!BE and Mangum. Sunday may need to get two separate schedules going at some point since there are so many options, but it'll fall into place once the Sahara/Main stage is set some.

Thanks for doing these clumsy.

Quote Originally Posted by mikebspeedracer View Post
    Justice will be in the Sahara after Avicii. Its set up the same way as the third day of Ultra.
    I dont care really, but a lot of people will not be happy with Dre/Snoop vs Justice.

Sunday can go fuck itself, there are gonna be so many conflicts for me at the end of the day no matter what they do.

The Sunday set times are really good. I think you nailed Sunday night. The only changes I would make is I would move Santigold and Fitz And The Tantrums to either the main or outdoor stages.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    I believe Omar Rodríguez is playing with Le Butcherettes, so they cant conflict with ATDI.

The main stage is fucking wacko. All those crowds are super polarizing to each other. If Justice is on the main stage, I feel bad for Beirut getting the sound bleed in that situation.

The whole Weeknd thing is a strange anomaly I don't understand, but okay. Someone should definitely chime in on that.
    Weeknd is right where he'll end up, outdoor theatre in the evening.
    The White Stripes 9/18

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikebspeedracer View Post
    sound logic
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Rolwolf

I'd love for Weeknd to be in that spot, but my guess is he plays the Coachella before Florence. Every year there's 1 or 2 up and coming hip-hop acts on the Main in the mid-afternoon. (oh wait, you've got that covered with Company Flow, lol). I also don't think Santigold and Weeknd will conflict.

I'm hoping Seun Kuti plays during the day. From youtube videos he looks like one of the few dancable acts that will get people moving in 110 degree weather.

Are Nero and Beats Antique Sahara acts? I'm really don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolwolf View Post
    I'd love for Weeknd to be in that spot, but my guess is he plays the Coachella before Florence. Every year there's 1 or 2 up and coming hip-hop acts on the Main in the mid-afternoon.
    Absolutely no chance The Weeknd does not play after dark. Have you listened to their music? Songs about four am coke lines off of glass tables are not going to go over well at 5:00 in the afternoon. I also think their show is going to be more intimate, I really think Mojave at night is the best option.

Sean Kuti just screams daytime on the main for me, more so than Company Flow who I think will benefit from a diehard crowd in a tent. Maybe switch the two?

What are the chances that Calvin closes out Sahara instead of Avicii? I think (read: hope without any logic) that Justice and Snoop/Dre won't conflict. But AVICII is billed second out of all electronic artists on his day, and highest billed Sahara act. Calvin is just popular enough to still draw a crowd against a headliner, but just bland enough that nobody is going to be pissed that he goes against the headliner. AVICII is gigantic with certain crowds right now. Then again, so was Deadmau5.

Last but not least, on a day that could have the Sahara potentially so full, are we sure that Beats Antique will be there and not a nighttime tent slot?

Great job Clumsy, this is such a weird day scheduling wise and I think you have a really solid first try.

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    Weeknd is right where he'll end up, outdoor theatre in the evening.
    I had him in the Mojave originally, but with La Roux being out The Outdoor makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    I had him in the Mojave originally, but with La Roux being out The Outdoor makes sense.
    But what about if there is an ADD???!?!

Rolwolf

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Absolutely no chance The Weeknd does not play after dark. Have you listened to their music? Songs about four am coke lines off of glass tables are not going to go over well at 5:00 in the afternoon. I also think their show is going to be more intimate, I really think Mojave at night is the best option.

Sean Kuti just screams daytime on the main for me, more so than Company Flow who I think will benefit from a diehard crowd in a tent. Maybe switch the two?
    Oh, I totally agree and I hope you're right, on both counts. I made that suggestion based on previous years' precendents (though it's certainly a loose connection).

beats antique will be on a later time slot in the mojave for sure the crowd that usually hangs out in the sahara are not going to appreciate beats antiques sound
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamwelting View Post
    have fun being lame, we'll be in the campgrounds getting all future freaky and shit.

I'd swap The Weeknd's slot with Santigold's
    I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall

Omar Rodriguez is playing in ATDI and Le Butcherettes, so I think Le Butcherettes will be early afternoon on the Outdoor or Mojave.

I definitely think NERO will be getting a 90min set, they have a big stage setup for their LIVE set, and since most LIVE sets are prerecorded, they wont be cancelling out anything. I think they will need more than 5min set up after Dada Life, and I like Dada Life's placement too.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Justice will close one of the stages, probably either Outdoor or Sahara, their lighting/stage setup is way too big and immovable to have them on the main stage and have to move all that shit out of the way before ATDI start...

Based on this video it looks like it would fit perfectly on the outdoor theatre, even in the Sahara this lighting rig would be a tight squeeze and the open design looks like it would be better suited to an outdoor stage.

You've even got room for them to go on after Girl Talk on your schedule, I would say just throw Justice on outdoor theatre 11:00-12:00 (or 10:30-11:30 and move the set times down a bit...)

Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post
    it's like, at coachella, we can be a whole group of friends. a whole group of frogs jumping into the streets, jumping into the planet, climbing up the buildings, swimming in the lakes and in the bathtubs. we would be hundreds, thousands, millions. the biggest group of friends the world has ever seen, jumping and laughing forever. it would be great, right?
    Coachella 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012x2

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Wiz Khalifa played the main stage during the day last year, and had some pretty crazy lyrics. Your theory has no merit.

But, really, I shouldn't get involved this year. I'll just show myself out.

Oh ya, Justice.... massive stage/light set up, 90min set as well. Outdoor or Sahara. I doubt they would close the main stage on Sunday.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Switch Spector with Wild Beasts. WB has 2 albums and "more recognition" and Spector is just about to release their debut. At the same time I don't see either of them clashing with Metronomy. It would be a small british bands clusterfuck.

Main Stage times are set up excellent. I hope this is what actually happens.
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

Quote Originally Posted by estebanet View Post
    Switch Spector with Wild Beasts. WB has 2 albums and "more recognition" and Spector is just about to release their debut. At the same time I don't see either of them clashing with Metronomy. It would be a small british bands clusterfuck.
    Wild Beasts has 3 albums. I just hope WB and Metronomy are back-to-back, on the same stage, I don't care in what order or what time. Those two are pretty much the extent of my "absolute must" Sunday lineup.

Looks very good. Besides Le Butcherettes being unable to clash with ATDI, I would say that Oberhofer doesn't have the name recognition to draw any sort of crowd in a nighttime slot. Maybe swap with Metronomy?
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

There's buzz that Modeselektor is only going to weekend one. I don't know how something like that would affect this thread, but there's starting to be talk of it happening.

I like these for the most part, but there are a few things I would change...

First off, Company Flow will be a night time tent act. For sure.

Second, as people have already mentioned, Le Butcherettes need to be moved to a daytime slot.

Fitz and the Tantrums just SCREAM mainstage. Maybe put them where you have company flow right now?

I personally think First Aid Kit will be in one of the tents during the day as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Man it makes me sad that I will prolly be in the sahara three times the entire weekend, if that.
    The Replacements --> The Knife --> Outkast

Is it just me or does Sunday seem to lack any bands that feel like outdoor material? Florence + the Machine outdoor maybe?