Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kasabian 2012!!!!!!

Lurker

Default Re: Kasabian 2012!!!!!!

My must see act of the weekend!

Saw them here at the 9:30 Club a few weeks ago, I highly recommend seeing them. Great mix from all of their material and great energy. I have a feeling the Mojave tent is going to be overflowing!

no doubt they did good but I wanna hear about their set.

I'm a big fan of the first album , not so much the others, so I had low expectations. I thought they smashed it.
    LSF and Club Foot were so good, and I liked the newer material live as well.
    Is anyone else reminded of the Happy Mondays?

I walked up to Kasabian right as the lead singer said something the lines of: "this one's for you Noel Gallagher, you fucker". Can anyone explain the reference to me? I'm not very familiar with Kasabian.

e a t s l e e p w o r k c o a c h e l l a

Quote Originally Posted by eyestothesky View Post
    I walked up to Kasabian right as the lead singer said something the lines of: "this one's for you Noel Gallagher, you fucker". Can anyone explain the reference to me? I'm not very familiar with Kasabian.
    Tom, the singer, and Noel have been friends since Kasabian's debut album. Noel was probably watching side-stage and his favorite tune by them is Club Foot.

I only saw Club Foot and Re-Wired due partly to losing my blackout mess of a brother, and partly because I wanted to check out at least half of Feist, but they sounded excellent. They had an excellent crop of Brit-Rock bands this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImportance View Post
    Tom, the singer, and Noel have been friends since Kasabian's debut album. Noel was probably watching side-stage and his favorite tune by them is Club Foot.
    Noel was sidestage for most of the set laughing and joking with Tom whenever he would walk to the back of the set. It was funny to watch.
    "The Coachella Valley wasn't always like this, there's been a great many changes made since I came here some 67 years ago"

Saw Kasabian on Saturday and Tuesday and I still can't get over how awesome they were

Yeah they killed it on Saturday night

Quote Originally Posted by threeve View Post
    Seconded. I think it's a safe bet. I don't usually jump that much at concerts, but that was worth it.
    Yea man that shit was insane. Me and my girl were right up front and even she was going nuts!

Saw them saturday and then tuesday in LA as well they destroyed it. SO good live.

Got it, thanks!

e a t s l e e p w o r k c o a c h e l l a

Good stuff... antidote to David Guetta's trash across the lawn...

they def. made the most out of their 10 song set. was texting back and forth with psychic friend about how it can be that they are not a mainstage night time band here in the states, especially considering they headline euro festivals. we surely got an arena level show in the mojave that night from a band at the top of their game.

was so not impressed with coachella merch this year that i ended up buying their shirt instead...and i don't wear band shirts any more.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 04-20-2012 at 11:52 AM.

Best of the weekend. See them for sure.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

i saw the first 3 songs i think before heading to flylo. it was pretty dope.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Epic.

And the entire set in 720p is on YouTube as well

Fuckers better be packing that Mojave right about now, shits about to get insane! One band I am bummed i'm not out there for right now.

damn, looks like coachella killed the full set on youtube.

you can download it via torrent, think i got it off of dime.

Can somebody from week 2 tell me how Kasabian did last night????
    I grew up on a farm. I have seen animals having sex in every position imaginable. Goat on chicken. Chicken on goat. Couple of chickens doing a goat, couple of pigs watching.- Dwight Schrute

Quote Originally Posted by bremex View Post
    Just read this. Made me even more upset about this 2 weekend shit.

Before Kasabian’s extremely loud, but totally killer set, the British rock band threw out hundreds of Kasabian-monikered rainbow-colored glow sticks and throughout the set, made the band hold them up and clap them.

http://kroq.radio.com/2012/04/22/coa...kaiser-chiefs/

I know it's not a HUGE deal, but I'm sure it added a ton of life to the crowd and just wish we weekend 1'ers could have got the same treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by bremex View Post
    I thought they were balls-out brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nealocus View Post
    Before Kasabian’s extremely loud, but totally killer set, the British rock band threw out hundreds of Kasabian-monikered rainbow-colored glow sticks and throughout the set, made the band hold them up and clap them.

http://kroq.radio.com/2012/04/22/coa...kaiser-chiefs/

I know it's not a HUGE deal, but I'm sure it added a ton of life to the crowd and just wish we weekend 1'ers could have got the same treatment.
    My friends got some of these week 1.

Their performance for Weekend 2 was absolutely insane. Crowd was bouncing for the entire set, and by the final song there was a pit about 30 yards wide going on.

Lurker

Yeah the seizure sticks had a shrink wrap on it that says KasabianLive (like the website). It was hard to rock out with a foam stick in your hand but I got used to it. The crowd was singing along louder than in LA on Tuesday. Tom was quite impressed.

Everyone had those glow sticks around me at the weekend 1 set. Some girl was passing them out.

"…And then we finished up on the West coast … at Coachella.
    California was insane. A week of madness: boozing and laughing, dancing and tearing it up. We tore it up. But most important was the gig, It felt like we had something to prove. Rock and Roll is dangerous when it backs you into a corner, because you become an animal. You want to show people what you can do.. We respect what being in a band is all about creatively and I suppose mentally.

It’s strange with the Coachella festival. Now they have it over two weekends. Which is great if you don’t have a great first weekend, because you can put it right the second weekend. So with that in mind, we absolutely killed the first weekend. It was huge. It surprised us. We had a very similar moment when we played Glastonbury years and years ago and we didn’t know if anyone was going to be out there because of the time we were playing.

It was late at night, half 8, it’s a big American festival, we’re an English band. Did anyone even know we were playing.? If you had a look at the poster, you needed a monocle to see us. So you peep out of the curtain, and you realise that it’s rammed and you can feel there’s something in the air… like they’re baying for it, they want us to play and we absolutely killed it. Came off, had an incredible evening.

But then two days later you go… uh, we’ve got to do that again. It’s not that you don’t want to but it’s like ‘we’ve ticked that, we’ve done that. We destroyed that place. It’s not ready again. ‘

So, we arrived. And it was hot this time, Like, seriously hot. So we spent 8 hours in a motorhome with air conditioning on in our pants (underwear). Walking around, just listening to tunes. But in a lot of ways it did us a favour because it meant that it was like we were caged, so when the door was opened to go and play the gig, we were so excited. You know that feeling you get when you’re trapped in a room for too long. Like kids at school, wild kids, and you lock them away for so long. And they’re all fighting and taking the piss out of each other and you get wound up. It felt like that. And then someone opened the door and said ‘right, you’ve got to do it again’. And by that point, we’d had a few beers so it was like ‘right, lets go and kill it.’ So we attacked it even harder.

And so it did us a favour. Because rather than go ‘we’ve already done this’, we played harder, faster, louder than before and it was even better. And I was surprised when we came off because we were all like ‘well that was actually better’. It was well better. And then after that we carried on partying through the night, which was quite something. "
    Sergio x
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

Furthermore, Noel says their debut is his favourite brit-pop album of the last 15 years and then said their set w1 was the best he had ever seen