Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kasabian 2012!!!!!!

Default Kasabian 2012!!!!!!

Kasabian always do a great job live. they are so damn LOUD though, so wear ear plugs for them! Looking forward to hearing new material from them.
    Last edited by kroqken; 01-13-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Default Re: Kasabian 2012!!!!!!

This is the one poster placement that is the most puzzling to me. It seems like these guys headline festivals in the UK. How is Noel fucking Gallagher on the second line with these guys buried in super small type. Not to hate on Oasis, but the talent in that band is all in Beady Eye.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Oasis in American >>>>>> Kasabian in America.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Yes, and Coachella caters to artists of the past, despite what state they are in now. Which is also why I didn't get all the people complaining when MUSE headlined, as they had been headlining HUGE festivals overseas for years. Either way, I've been a fan of Kasbian for years and never seen them live. I'm stoked to see them, and really hope they don't crash them into a Schedule conflict with Andrew Bird, St. Vincent, or Destroyer. Also, hopefully they don't stick them on a mainstage during the day. Always the worst.

Glad to know I wasn't the only one confused by this. They headlined this festival in Scotland over Jay Z, and are fifth line at Coachella? I was also surprised by how low the Kaiser Chiefs were. Still should be an epic show if they get a nice later timeslot.

I'm pumped! I'd love to see them at night on any of the Main/Outdoor/Mojave.

Yea, Kaiser Chiefs also. Between the Kaiser Chiefs, Kasabian, Radiohead, The Vaccines, It's a good day for sort of post-brit-pop music.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJ View Post
    Yea, Kaiser Chiefs also. Between the Kaiser Chiefs, Kasabian, Radiohead, The Vaccines, It's a good day for sort of post-brit-pop music.
    Saturday is going to be a conflict clusterfuck. Kind of like last year when they put all the britpoppy bands on one day and then had a eliza doolittle v. plan b v. twin shadow conflict in the opening slot. that sucked.

The Kaiser Chiefs billing so far down on the poster is a weird one too. In 2007, they were on the third line (I think based on only their first record). Now they have 4 really good records (ok, that one with Ruby on it kind of sucked, but the first one and the most recent two are great), and they are buried in the small font.

Really looking forward to Kasabian and the Vaccines because they are two bands I've never seen.

Quote Originally Posted by KickerConspiracy View Post
    This is the one poster placement that is the most puzzling to me. It seems like these guys headline festivals in the UK. How is Noel fucking Gallagher on the second line with these guys buried in super small type. Not to hate on Oasis, but the talent in that band is all in Beady Eye.
    I was also surprised at their placement, but just glad to see them back. They're overdue and killed it in 2005.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I'd rather see my own gruesome rape and subsequent beheading than see Rammstein.

Kasabian have been active all these years. They keep puting out great songs every couple of years.

They'll be a blast live. I saw them open for Oasis back in 2005 and they were awesome. I'm glad they're getting some overdue recognition stateside.

I still only like that first album, but I'll probably be at this set.

Can't freaking wait for them. Saw them play two nights at the O2 Arena in London back in December and they rocked. #getloosegetloose

Just watch this whole set

Lollapalooza 10, 11, 12, 13; Glastonbury 13; Reading/Leeds 11, 12; ACL 05, 07, 08, 10, 13 (x2); SXSW 07, 08, 11, 12, 13; Voodoo 10; Outside Lands 11

COACHELLA 2014 Weekend 2?

ridiculously low billing for these guys. are they not very popular in america??? they are about to tour australia for the big day out as the 3rd headliner after kanye and soundgarden.

Quote Originally Posted by manalive! View Post
    ridiculously low billing for these guys. are they not very popular in america??? they are about to tour australia for the big day out as the 3rd headliner after kanye and soundgarden.
    Yeah, they're still relatively unknown in the United States. Their debut album garnered some airplay when "Club Foot" was released and they played quite a few a shows with Oasis and JET. Since then, their marketing in America has been pretty slim.

I'm on a tightrope baby, nine miles high.

Thumbs up Re: Kasabian 2012!!!!!!

I sold my tickets to see them in Glasgow in December when it seemed likely they would be in the desert in April.
    Who cares where they are on the poster, I'm hoping for an early evening Mojave slot - it'll be bouncing
    Dede' Arneaux
    Come a long long, come a long long way

Quote Originally Posted by sacleonard View Post
    I was also surprised at their placement, but just glad to see them back. They're overdue and killed it in 2005.
    Amen to that. I just hope they play outside when it is dark.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by abbeyroad 04 View Post
    Amen to that. I just hope they play outside when it is dark.

That is all.
    Kasabian would not workin well in the light, just like vampies not named Edward.

Kasabian's 2005 Coachella performance is still one of my most favorite Coachella performances. Hell, one of my most favorite performances of all things.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by KickerConspiracy View Post
    Saturday is going to be a conflict clusterfuck. Kind of like last year when they put all the britpoppy bands on one day and then had a eliza doolittle v. plan b v. twin shadow conflict in the opening slot. that sucked.

The Kaiser Chiefs billing so far down on the poster is a weird one too. In 2007, they were on the third line (I think based on only their first record). Now they have 4 really good records (ok, that one with Ruby on it kind of sucked, but the first one and the most recent two are great), and they are buried in the small font.

Really looking forward to Kasabian and the Vaccines because they are two bands I've never seen.
    I saw the Vaccines last year opening for Arctic Monkeys. All I have to say is if the singer warms up his vocals before he gets on stage, they'd sound a lot better.

I am American and I don't know more than 2 people who have heard of Kasabian. Love them to death myself. I agree that Kaiser Chiefs and Kasabian are mistakenly low billed on the saturday list. I hope there won't be a stampede.

Quote Originally Posted by AViewFromMisShapes View Post
    I am American and I don't know more than 2 people who have heard of Kasabian. Love them to death myself. I agree that Kaiser Chiefs and Kasabian are mistakenly low billed on the saturday list. I hope there won't be a stampede.
    It's a shame. I'm the same way though, 90% of my friends have no idea who they are. On the other hand they're by far one of my most anticipated acts...as well as the Kaiser Chiefs.

Kasabian might have a little Noel appearance somewhere in their set and vice versa. What I'm intrigued is how Noel and Kasabian are going to treat the Kaiser Chiefs. I mean they hate each other big time, and there are no bigger cunts than northeners.

Noel talking about Kaisert Chiefs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YFVIeVGMEE"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YFVIeVGMEE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="340">

Goddammit I don't know how to post videos. Forever alone
    I grew up on a farm. I have seen animals having sex in every position imaginable. Goat on chicken. Chicken on goat. Couple of chickens doing a goat, couple of pigs watching.- Dwight Schrute

Click on the piece of film icon and insert the link in the bar that opens up
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

My username is relevant to this thread. Here's a crowd perspective video which isn't overly shaky:

that asshole Gallagher better not make a Kasabian appearance.

Mother of God.

So how much better will the Coachella show be then the LA show a few nights after? Should I just do both?
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

Lurker

I'm going to try to do both. Just think, the next time you see Kasabian, they won't be in a dinky little place like the Fonda. You want to be surrounded by people who love them, not people who happen to be standing there because the stage is casting a nice shade.