Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Hives!!!!!

Default Re: The Hives!!!!!

"We are the entre. The first band is the starter. The last is dessert. But we are the main course."
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

He was annoying but it was hilarious. The Hives we're so damn amazing. So much energy, Howlin' Pelle was in the crowd so much, he was all over the place. He was full of himself to the point where it was awesome and not douchey.

With everything he said, I didn't think it was actually him thinking he was god, they put on a damn fine show, and are way more entertaining than other bands similar.

Actually now that I think of it, he wasn't annoying at all, cause I was pretty much laughing or clapping the whole time.
    Last edited by Dustin da DnB Soulja; 04-17-2012 at 11:36 AM.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

I don't see what the problem is with The Hives. That has always been The Hives experience! Pelle's banter and OTT persona is as much a part of The Hives as the fat bloke from Fucked Up getting naked. If after nearly twenty years you expect something different then you went to the wrong show.

Such a fantastic set
    It was great to finally get to see those guys

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    The Hives are the greatest rock n roll band on the planet. And also, The Hives went up against no formidable conflicts on the other stages. therefor, the hives win at conflicts.....

I love this photo! I also loved The Hives...so much fun!

The Hives were too much fucking fun! Jumping, screaming, dancing and top hats... who could ask for more?
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

that guy was coked the fuck out... he startd his own bands encore wtf

And we got attacked by a swarm of bees at the start of the Hives show on the right side of the stage. Too damn funny.

I saw that, so weird how they were just in the one area going crazy. There was a bag or something lying unattended right in the middle of where they all were, someone nearby watching this all happen before the set had the theory that someone set it up, the hives... bees whatnot. But no one ever challenged the actual plausibility of that as the bees dispersed and The Hives set started and we were too busy dancing to figure it out.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

Quote Originally Posted by AlthePal View Post
    that guy was coked the fuck out... he startd his own bands encore wtf
    When you're a relative to the sun, you can do that shit.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Such a fun set. He is definitely one of the best front men around. They sounded fantastic and I danced my ass off.

Quote Originally Posted by Timestretch View Post
    And we got attacked by a swarm of bees at the start of the Hives show on the right side of the stage. Too damn funny.
    I think I saw that/walked through it.

Yeah LOL at everyone so butthurt over the lead singer's onstage persona. I thought it was fucking great and the Hives were one of the weekend highlights for me. Didn't hurt that I was able to get fairly close to the stage (in the "pit") without much effort. Great set, they played everything I wanted to hear and more.

Fun, entertaining set. I came for the shade of the sound booth but stayed for the good times.
    '11, '12.1 coldchella

I see the lead singer cut his hair, just like Alex Turner of the Arctic Monkeys cut his hair. What is it with lead singers cutting their hair? I would have seen the Hives if they were on a different sate and not on the Snoop/Dre stage.

It was one of the most fun sets of the weekend !! strange how a swarm of bees were around the right side of the stage before their show started...

"Die All Right" would have been the cherry on top, but no problem. I smiled all day afterwards.

Awesome show, did anyone else think it took a little while to get going? Or am I slighting it by comparing it to the energy for Justice and ATDI after them?

They had me partying from start to finish.

Always wanted to see this band, and so happy I got to see them in this setting. They were so fun and sounded great! One of my favorites of the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkings View Post
    didn't like the set but i always wonder why the Hives aren't the Strokes or at least the Killers. My buddies that like the Hives hated his schitck but i thought it was at least funny. 'You know you love me, you just need to show it''show yourself and your neighbors how much you love me' 'do you love the sun, i'm the closest human thing to the sun' 'give me your biggest hand, your other hand might be bigger'
    I love this so much

old school

Loved their set and especially the banter. Regret not doing the signing, as I walked into the ZIA tent when they were there and they were very approachable and the line was getting short.

Oasis, Beatles, Bono, James Brown and a bunch of rappers have done the same schtick with varying degrees of success/seriousness.

Also met them after the set at the Zia tent. They were cheery and really fan-friendly. Them/their band manager upgraded me to a VIP wristband since they knew I was following them from Australia for a few of their Californian shows (I was the one at the barrier with the banner). To the guy in the artist pass area between the two main stage barriers who I cussed/yelled at for taking the plectrum Nick (guitarist) threw at me, but landed short of the fence .. I'm sorry for getting angry. I still don't like you, but I was lost in the moment and waiting out there with the Dre/Snoop fans from midday to get a good spot killed my politeness and any part of selflessness left in me.

I reckon Pelle's banter is well balanced between comedic and faux-arrogance. They don't take themselves too seriously, which would clearly come as a relief.

My biggest regret of 2012, not seeing The Hives! Looked like a very memorable performance.

Our view of the Hives for their last song (tick tick boom) including the whole sit down thing. Fun time. Wouldn't miss if you're going tomorrow

You can also see Dennis Lyxzn of Refused enjoying the set in the official pro-shot of Tick Tick Boom during the sit-down part.

This was fun. Here's the Official Coachella vid for TTB

'11, '12.1 coldchella

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Hahaha amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

One of my favorite sets. Nearly hurt myself whilst breaking it down.

Was happy not to be one of the handful of A-holes not sitting down during Tick Tick Boom. "I Hate Having Fun."
    Quote Originally Posted by anadin View Post
    Whatevs message boards are gay

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

weird. i thought tick tick boom was a pod song
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by threeve View Post
    This was fun. Here's the Official Coachella vid for TTB

So much fun!

That Tick Tick Boom webcast was awesome. One of the best parts of Coachella 2012.

Also, I spotted myself in the webcast, so I couldn't help but point it out.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.