Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Hives!!!!!

Default Re: The Hives!!!!!

Awful set. They killed the vibe everytime that pretentious dick of a lead singer asked how much we loved him. Pretty rude too considering he's in a band...no wonder they haven't played for nine years. Don't get me wrong though, they sounded great, I just couldn't get over how fucking annoying he is.

Hated their set, lead singer needed to shut the fuck up and check his ego

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    The Hives are the greatest rock n roll band on the planet. And also, The Hives went up against no formidable conflicts on the other stages. therefor, the hives win at conflicts.....

Cool pic supre!
    "ain't no thang but a chicken wang"

Thoroughly enjoyed everything about their set.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon66 View Post
    Hated their set, lead singer needed to shut the fuck up and check his ego

^fools. That was the set of Sunday. If you took all that banter seriously you need to take the stick out of your ass.
    They were funny and rocked hard. Loved every second of it.

Hives were great, leader singer reminds me a little of myself

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    ^fools. That was the set of Sunday. If you took all that banter seriously you need to take the stick out of your ass.
    They were funny and rocked hard. Loved every second of it.
    Yeah, tongue was firmly in cheek. Met them afterward and they were very gracious.

Reminded me that Pelle is one of the best frontmen around. Great set.

The Hives were amazing! So hilarious to see anyone posting complaints about Howlin Pelle's ego! That IS their show! If you don't like it, you don't like the Hives.

Btw, I do think Pelle loves us a bit more than we love him. Also, I had not planned to go to weekend two of Coachella, but Pelle says I have no choice. So that settles the matter.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

I danced more for The Hives than any other set the whole weekend. They played new stuff that I didn't know, but the energy level was so high it didn't matter.

superfan... I'm a fan. You seem to post the best videos on youtube. Thank you!!!! I thought the Hives were very entertaining. Lead singer was a chatter box but their music was very good.

very cool pic

"The lyrics to this next song are about blowing shit up, but don't worry... the music is still about fucking"
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

blue/green planet, 3 from the sun, can't miss it

didn't like the set but i always wonder why the Hives aren't the Strokes or at least the Killers. My buddies that like the Hives hated his schitck but i thought it was at least funny. 'You know you love me, you just need to show it''show yourself and your neighbors how much you love me' 'do you love the sun, i'm the closest human thing to the sun' 'give me your biggest hand, your other hand might be bigger'
    04' 05' 07' 08' 09' 10' 11' 12' 13'
    Metric, Of Monsters, Local Natives, Beach House, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Band of Horses, Stone Roses, Foals, Tegan and Sara or How to Destroy 2 Bears, Violent Femmes, Portugal, Hot Chip, Spiritualized, Simian Mobile or Postal, Moby, New Order, Sigur Ros DIIV, Oh Sees, Grimes, Paul K, Oakey, Vampire Weekend, Pretty LIghts, OMD, WU, RHCP, Dead Can Dance

<---puts hands together
    "ain't no thang but a chicken wang"

If their actual music live wasn't so awesome, I would have walked away halfway into their set just due to the fact he was so fucking full of himself. I've never been so annoyed with a lead singer. But yes besides that - they totally rocked it and I loved it (when they were playing music, not when the guy was talking about how we all loved him).

Quote Originally Posted by EndersRapture View Post
    If their actual music live wasn't so awesome, I would have walked away halfway into their set just due to the fact he was so fucking full of himself. I've never been so annoyed with a lead singer. But yes besides that - they totally rocked it and I loved it (when they were playing music, not when the guy was talking about how we all loved him).

The fact that people at the festival, and to this day on here can't figure out its schtick is beyond me. He doesn't go to the store and starting screaming his is so incredibly awesome. its a rockstar persona, I think its fantastic.

I don't think it was the gloating that was annoying, it was how much of it he was doing. I'm totally down with some rockstar-ish talk but going from a 4min song to 3min banter to 4min song to 3min banter was annoying. I'd rather of heard a few more songs than his bullshit.

Also I thought that the lead singer of the Hives was annoying.

They were fucking amazing, I had never seen them live and they got me really pumped up on Sunday.
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

He was hilarious, people need to take that stick out of their ass.

How was anyone annoyed? This was one of the most entertaining sets of the weekend.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

The hives were the tits.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemamba View Post
    Thom Yorke, single handed, is saving Coachella 2012.

It was like Schmidt from New Girl and Old Gregg rolled into a wannabe rockstar.

they put on a great set like always! everyone needs to stop being so depressed & serious, it's ok to move, smile & have fun at a show once in a while. bon iver isn't going anywhere

I didn't like The Hives because the singer was soooooooo full of himself! I expected that kind of shit from Noel Gallagher, but even he had the humility to understand what a great opportunity it was to play at Coachella. What was with all that "The Hives are the best" noise, anyway? If you have to remind us 1000 times, it is probably because you are not the best. It is probably because you suck!

Anyway, that is what I would post if I was a slobbering idiot who couldn't know what a fantastic set The Hives put on and what a great frontman they have! Definitely one of the highlights of the weekend. It was cool to see everybody sitting down.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

When I first walked up to them the shtick was getting a little old but by the time he started heckle VIP I fucking fell in love
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

How was he annoying? I honestly didnt even care about the music. Everytime he opened in mouth myself and my entire group were laughing. I thought he was very entertaining and worth seeing.

"This next single is sooo good were gonna call it a double"

I thought Pelle's stage banter was amusing for the most part, but there were times I was rolling my eyes and wanting to shout out "LESS TALK MORE ROCK!"

Musically, though, The Hives kicked ass. So yeah, I enjoyed their set.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

the set of Sunday. The Hives are still one of the best live acts on the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.