Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Hives!!!!!

Default The Hives!!!!!

I so love the Hives. I have always been a fan of the garage rock revival from the early 2000s. The Hives are such exciting musicians, and put on a stellar show. The lead singer is so funny during his "rants" and banter between songs.

Coachella Junkie

Default Re: The Hives!!!!!

Hi Ken.

Saw them at a tiny venue around 10 years ago touring in support of Veni Vidi Vicious, they were absolutely on fire. Just incredible energy.

Felt like I was witnessing the start of something special but they seemed to peak around that point and faded a bit over the years. Probably will check them out again.

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Hi Ken.
    Hello, thanks for the kind greeting and for not drinking the "Kenado Hateorade"!

Oh, man. I was in the 8th grade when they put out "Veni Vidi Vicious." This will be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by whatkilesaid View Post
    Oh, man. I was in the 8th grade when they put out "Veni Vidi Vicious." This will be fun.
    I wish I was that young back then. At least I am way younger than Diane Keaton!

They were awesome in 03
    Coachella Vet. 03,05,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,and 14

Quote Originally Posted by ElBlueblazer View Post
    They were awesome in 03
    I saw them in 2003 also, great show.

Spoiler time. Ignore this post if you prefer the element of surprise. Needs a bit more love for them so here are some 2011 videos showcasing their most recent outfits and antics. Tails and top hats in the desert? I think they'll have to strip down after one song. Also, they have roadies dressed as ninja.

A fan gives them a note asking to play the bass and he gets his wish. Clear shot of a ninja roadie.

They've been doing this in the middle of 'Tick Tick Boom'. This is a crowd full of previously disinterested people camping the pit for Kanye West who was on right after. They got the cross-armed, stationary crowd to let loose after the 3rd song.

The banter from Howlin' Pelle is entertaining by itself. This is from 2009 but it's still awesome.

New album just announced. It's been five years since the last!

http://www.thehivesbroadcastingservi...hp?article=194
    LEX HIVES has arrived.

March 12th, 2012 – Hive Manor, Fagersta, Sweden -- The world’s wisest musical council and international rock sensation, The Hives are back! As chiseled into the melted wax cake 331/3 long player, the 12 holy laws of The Hives are hereby presented and accepted.

On June 1st (GSA/Sweden) June 4th (UK) June 5th (USA/CAN), Howlin’ Pelle Almqvist, Nicholaus Arson, Chris Dangerous, Dr. Matt Destruction, and Vigilante Carlstroem will return with their fifth stunner -- the 12-track contemplation of all law that is Hives -- Lex Hives.

Louder. Bolder. Prouder. More convinced than ever. The Hives are finally out of the dark ages and steering toward the light. This is THE LAW. The Law that is Hives. LEX HIVES! The laws of nature are pale in comparison and The Hives demand nothing but complete obedience.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.clashmusic.com/news/the-hives-return-with-new-album
    Self-released on the band's own Disques Hives imprint, 'Lex Hives' is seemingly derived from the ancient Roman practice of enacting a system or body of laws and accepting them as a standard. A typically grandiose idea for the Swedish garage punks to follow, the twelve track album was produced by Andrew Scheps.

In addition to this, two tracks were mixed by D. Sardy, while the deluxe version of 'Lex Hives' will feature bonus tracks produced by Queens of the Stone Age frontman Josh Homme.

To celebrate, The Hives are planning to release a single on Record Store Day. A limited edition seven inch, the band will pair 'Go Right Ahead' with '1000 Answers' for an upcoming vinyl pressing.

theyve never been prolific in their releases, maybe thats part of the reason theyve never become a huge act, always about 4 yrs between albums. live show is always awsome, see u down the front

Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    The Eeries The Troubadour
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

I am so excited to finally see them!

Saw them at Street Scene 2008 and they were awesome. So much fun.

READY!
    2009, 2010, 2011, 2012w1, 2013w1, 2014w2

Glad to see Lego Rock Band represented. See you there.

Remember hearing they were a great live band, and after reading this I will for sure check em out.

The Hives are in my top 5 for the weekend. I am anticipating Pelle to apologize for being "fantastic" at least five times. Other bands performing should be worried.
    "Moove yuoor ooss, yuoo-a doonkey!"

Until watching the webcast, I forgot just how much the lead singer annoys the fuck out of me. It's all coming back to me now.
    10/18 - Nas - Orpheum
    10/22 - TV on the Radio - Fonda
    10/24 - Warhol - Royce Hall
    10/28 - Ben Frost/Tim Hecker - Los Globos
    11/05 - Pissed Jeans - Los Globos (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Until watching the webcast, I forgot just how much the lead singer annoys the fuck out of me. It's all coming back to me now.
    Haha...you forgot about my rant a few years back about their schtick ruining it for me. They are so fucking painful to watch live.

They're fookin great! Rockin the webcast. Lookin forward to seein em on Sunday!

Wow. They FUCKING ARE KILLING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Quote Originally Posted by GeezrRckr View Post
    Haha...you forgot about my rant a few years back about their schtick ruining it for me. They are so fucking painful to watch live.
    Schtick is exactly the right word. The banter between songs about hip people at a hip festival was so fucking dumb. And yes, I realize that's his thing, to say things like that. But it's fucking stupid. Glad people had fun that were there, though. Just not the band for me.
    10/18 - Nas - Orpheum
    10/22 - TV on the Radio - Fonda
    10/24 - Warhol - Royce Hall
    10/28 - Ben Frost/Tim Hecker - Los Globos
    11/05 - Pissed Jeans - Los Globos (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

sit down

HAHAHAHHAHA
    THIS IS AMAZING!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Schtick is exactly the right word. The banter between songs about hip people at a hip festival was so fucking dumb. And yes, I realize that's his thing, to say things like that. But it's fucking stupid. Glad people had fun that were there, though. Just not the band for me.
    Not watching. I can never watch a lick of them ever again after that Warfield set. Barf.

Actually haven't watched any of the webcast. Why. Jack White is filling up my ears quite nicely at the moment.

Loved these guys, and love the lead singers banter. He was a showman and cracking up the whole audience, it was killer. Love when acts can interject style and personality into a set and don't just stand there stone faced playing instrumental tracks.

It was shtick, but it was good shtick. The music was great and the crowd loved it. No harm in having a good time.

The Hives are the greatest rock n roll band on the planet. And also, The Hives went up against no formidable conflicts on the other stages. therefor, the hives win at conflicts.....

Yeah, I don't really listen to the Hives, but I like his positive energy. Very fun!
    I'd do suprefan.