Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Aid Kit

Default Re: First Aid Kit

Absolutely beautiful song, a must see band for Sunday surrounded by the Coachella Valley scenery. Especially since this song was inspired by Gram Parsons who loved and was cremated at nearby Joshua Tree. Possibly a Gram Parsons listening whiskey pre party last day of Coachella 2012?
    Last edited by DirtyPistol; 02-16-2012 at 12:26 AM.

I almost slept on this band. Must see early act Sunday! Magical vocals. They remind me a little of Eisley, except better.

Because they're sisters and sing two part harmony?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyPistol View Post

Absolutely beautiful song, a must see band for Sunday surrounded by the Coachella Valley scenery. Especially since this song was inspired by Gram Parsons who loved and was cremated at nearby Joshua Tree. Possibly a Gram Parsons listening whiskey pre party last day of Coachella 2012?
    I had already thought I'd like to see them, but after seeing this clip, this is now a must see for me.

First Aid Kit is one of my most anticipated acts for Sunday

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

This song has been rolling around in my head for some time now. I know there's so many great acts on Sunday, but for me they are a band that is a must see despite any conflicts that might occur during their set. In my mind they're right behind ATDI, Justice, and Flo as far as most anticipated goes that day.

Friday: Outkast | Girl Talk | HAIM | Bonobo | Flume | Wye Oak | The Preatures
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside

Which album is that Fever Ray cover on?
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyPistol View Post
    Especially since this song was inspired by Gram Parsons who loved and was cremated at nearby Joshua Tree.
    You know the attempted rogue cremation failed, right? He's buried in New Orleans instead. But there's a nice little unofficial tribute spot in JTNP, I'm going to there on Thursday to pay homage before Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    they sorta look like Meg.
    Ahahaha!
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Never heard of them until Tom mentioned them in the thread about going to Joshua tree. Now, I'm in love.
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

I really like their music, but my god their set was fucking boring the two times I've seen them.
    EDIT- It's not that it's boring, it all just starts blending in(sorta like Tallest Man on Earth). It starts out great, but after a couple songs you can't wait to see something else.

In that case, hopefully they start with Emmylou, so I can get the fuck out of there after hearing it

Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    I really like their music, but my god their set was fucking boring the two times I've seen them.
    EDIT- It's not that it's boring, it all just starts blending in(sorta like Tallest Man on Earth). It starts out great, but after a couple songs you can't wait to see something else.
    I can totally see this. Here's to swinging by for Emmylou though. That song totally makes me happy.

I hope that's not how it is for me. I've never see them live before so I can't speak from experience like you, but I can listen to both albums endlessly without falling into a state of hearing one continuous sound. Maybe I'm just weird like that, or is it completely different hearing them live? I have been dying to see them for such a long time now, so I hope it lives up to the expectations I have in my mind.
    8/23-8/24 - FYF Fest
    10/20 - Charli XCX
    10/24-10/26 - Life if Beautiful Fest
    11/10 - Death From Above 1979

NOT true from First Aid Kit or Tallest Man on Earth.

Definitely on my list for this year!

KROQKEN just wants to jerk off to their looks . He doesn't really like them.

Quote Originally Posted by aguadulce View Post
    NOT true from First Aid Kit or Tallest Man on Earth.
    Yeah he had me concerned until he put Tallest Man in there. Last year Tallest Man was great from start to finish one of my favorites that whole weekend. Can't wait to see First Aid Kit for the 1st time, sucks they conflict with Metronomy.

I'm really into First Aid Kit right now. If you like them, are you listening to Lissie and Laura Marling, too? I can't wait to see all these broads.

One of the most beautiful things I've ever heard.

they were excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

Great to hear, looking forward to their set Sunday

SO GOOD. Provided a much needed detox from being trapped in the Sahara tent all day Saturday...such a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by monetv07 View Post
    I'm really into First Aid Kit right now. If you like them, are you listening to Lissie and Laura Marling, too? I can't wait to see all these broads.
    I saw all three of them and all 3 were great. First Aid Kit sounded awesome. They kinda need to embrace the fact that they are more folk/country than rock though, watching them stomp around on stage and do "big rock endings" as if they were AC/DC was pretty funny. They're young, they'll figure it out.

their set was lovely - so beautiful! some of the a capella harmonies were astoundingly gorgeous! Loved Ghost Town.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbeckett View Post
    I saw all three of them and all 3 were great. First Aid Kit sounded awesome. They kinda need to embrace the fact that they are more folk/country than rock though, watching them stomp around on stage and do "big rock endings" as if they were AC/DC was pretty funny. They're young, they'll figure it out.
    Maybe you will too.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

bummed i missed this but i just couldnt drag myself to the field that early on sunday. i'll do my best to catch em weekend 2

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015